Season 4 Opinions

I have been reading people's posts around the site lately and seeing that people really feel offended by other people's opinions about things. There are some that get really upset about the littlest things of things like the S/V relationship. I mean here we are allowed to post what we think is going on and how we feel. Does any one feel that too many are getting too emotional and overreacting to what is being said around us. I mean we all can't think like one another. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, but it seemed appropriate because Season 4 get alot of attention. Please post how you feel towards the subject.

I think some people view this forum as a place to vent their frustrations about the show and see if anyone else is feeling the same way that they are. Sometimes, I think people take it too far and viciously attack the characters (and people who like those characters) and the show with nothing to back it up but personal opinion. This is just a place to have fun. Angry people aren't fun and I think people should try to lighten up. After all, it's just a TV show.

Regarding my personal feelings, I would not say that any episode in S4 has been particularly bad, but there's something missing. I think the lack of character development, S/V development, and plot development was a result of the network asking JJ to make self-contained episodes to draw in new viewers. I understand that and I do know that the good stuff is coming (probably starting tomorrow night). So when people say that Alias isn't Alias anymore, I can partially agree with that but I think it's about to return to it's previous form.

I also think another problem was that they switched up the order of the episodes. S/V has been slow going (understandably given S3), but I think airing Liberty Village out of order was a bad idea because people expected to S/V back in full swing and that hasn't been the case. But I have no doubt that things will be sorted out when the episodes start airing in the original order.

I agree, and lately I've been griping about the level of griping. I think people should try to relax a little, ease off and try to enjoy things and try to be patient and wait until later in the season before passing judgment on the whole thing, but if they want to decide now, that is their right. I feel that there might be a certain level of expectation; that people are expecting certain things from the show and if they don't feel that they're getting exactly what they expect right away (whether it's S/V togetherness, cliffhangers, intricate plots, sudden twists, or whatever), they get frustrated and angry. Then they come here to vent. And some of them, if someone expresses a difference of opinion, get even angrier (and this goes for both sides). And that's too bad. :(

Sometimes some of the frustrations have to do with particular characters . . . and then those characters tend to get bashed. Then the supporters of those characters have to come to their defense and things escalate as other characters get bashed and defended in the process . . . it can get ugly. -_-

I'm hoping that people will try to respect each other's opinions a little bit more and express their own without seeming to attack the right of others to hold a different opinion.

Man, I am feeling kind of bad right now....Hope I am not considered an Alias basher--but I started a thread about missing the Syd/Jack dynamic...It certainly was not my intent to bash my favorite show and I hope it did not come off that way! :thinking: You just hear a lot about Syd and Vaughn (which is great), but I wanted to see if anyone else was missing some spyfam love!!! ;) Anyway, I think it is a great show, going in a much better direction than last season and hopefully down the road I will see some spy fam dynamic! :smiley:

Nah, don't worry about it. You didn't sound mad at the show, just like you missed father-daughter moments. (I do too, but--sigh--they've given us good reason why Sydney's avoiding her father and Jack's giving her room right now.)

I'm counting on the Syd/Jackness to come back later in the season. It's sad when they're not close, but it makes sense like verdanheart said and besides there is so much else to enjoy in the show...like the return of Anna and Sark tonight. That's gonna be awesome.

Back