GFX Our Onsite Art Manager, Tracy Butler's Website

Oh, thank you! Does she do a lot of the little avatars we see on the Simutronics forums? Style looks similar. I've been wanting to see more of the person who did those, and I'm just giddy with pleasure at looking over her artwork. The sort of artwork she does (story-laden and thick with emotion) is the sort that I love best, and the sort I try to do (with less success than Tracy, so she's a wonderful artist to study).

Wow, freaking beautiful. Good post, definatly send her my compliments.

Holy moly ba-joly!!
That is some amazingly beautiful work... *drool*

What I really want to know is how Tracy creates a picture like this in Photoshop... As in, paint in all that minute detail using the size 1 brush and a laborious cycling of the colour pallet?

I've done quite a lot of art in Photoshop and yet, I cannot even begin to fathom how one would produce something that beautiful by hand. Simply amazing.

Please tell her I said she's a Demi-God.

That was an awsome picture you posted, and someone must have one steady hand to accomplish that in Photoshop. I usually just do brushes, and stuff like that when it comes to my Photoshop skills.

Originally posted by Arremus@Apr 28 2006, 06:15 PM
Holy moly ba-joly!!

What I really want to know is how Tracy creates a picture like this in Photoshop... As in, paint in all that minute detail using the size 1 brush and a laborious cycling of the colour pallet?

I've done quite a lot of art in Photoshop and yet, I cannot even begin to fathom how one would produce something that beautiful by hand. Simply amazing.

Do you have a tablet?

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana+Apr 29 2006, 02:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Diviana @ Apr 29 2006, 02:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arremus@Apr 28 2006, 06:15 PM
Holy moly ba-joly!!

Do you have a tablet? [/b][/quote]
Hehe nope, nor the $$$money, nor am I sure where I'd get one in Australia.

I used one for a graphic arts project I did for a company a couple of years back, it was so cool. I think I spent more time experimenting for my own benefit than using it for the project :D .

But yeah, having a tablet sure would help, but I'm *sure* you could do it freehand too. Least that's what I am going to tell myself to convince myself not to hand out the $$$ for a tablet hehe.

Edit:
Ok phooey you Divy! You've got me thinking about it now! Grrrr <_< hehe

My sister has a tablet, and her drawing on the computer has increased greatly. Before she had to scan them and stuff.

I'm so jealous, she just bought a new laptop, and her mac mini isn't all that old either. :( I miss having a mac. Although I don't know how much I like osx, I'm really fond of os 9.2

I've tried the tablet, but she doesn't let me touch her things. (Although I'm honestly surprised she hasn't killed her keyboard yet, spilling things on it etc. she broke my mom's with pepsi a long time ago)

Originally posted by HJ-Royce@Apr 29 2006, 12:13 PM
She has been informed that you like her work. ;)

That's if she's awake and gets the IM.
12:13 PM... that isn't too early is it?

I just watched a Simucon video. Not only can Tracy Butler draw, she's smokin' hot. :D

Originally posted by tasoli@Apr 29 2006, 10:41 PM
I just watched a Simucon video. Not only can Tracy Butler draw, she's smokin' hot. :D
*scoff!* As are all good artists!

*goes back writing music* :P :D ... :blink:

But aaaanyway.. $599 AUD to get a 12x9 Wacom graphics tablet.. *sigh* The hardest part would be convincing myself that I'd actually get enough use out of it to make it a worthwhile purchase.
Or moreso, to be a good enough artist to need one! hehe <_<

Necro'd. This is a good topic and even better art. BTW, what does a good top of the line Tablet run for these days? I could google it, but then I couldn't necro.

I've been a fan of her works for some time now. In fact, it was a link from her sheezyart account that lead me to the HJ website in the first place (and then on to these forums). I figured any game she was working on must be beautifully done and I was right.

Gate said:
I've been a fan of her works for some time now. In fact, it was a link from her sheezyart account that lead me to the HJ website in the first place (and then on to these forums). I figured any game she was working on must be beautifully done and I was right.

She is very talented. She has done work for Simu (DragonRealms and Gemstone IV) for years now.

WatchMaker said:
Necro'd. This is a good topic and even better art. BTW, what does a good top of the line Tablet run for these days? I could google it, but then I couldn't necro.

This is the one I've been looking at:

Wacom Global

It's suppossed to be one of the best on the market, unless, of course you count something like this:

Wacom Global

I've only seen that one in a single store, and it was over $2,000. I would stick with the first one. Here's the best deal I've found on it:

http://buyeretail.com/product.asp?file=NexTag&i=WACPTZ930&sku=PTZ930

It's a good size for a low price. A real bargain! ;)

Back