Out of Control

Cai

Cadet
Title: Out of Control
Disclaimer: It just took me three attempts to try and spell disclaimer right. :lol: Do I look like I'm capable of owning something as cool as Alias?
Summary: Sydney is presumed dead, having being kidnapped and successfully brainwashed by the Covenant, and now believes that she's a ruthless killer by the name of Julia Thorne. Vaughn rejoins the CIA after one and a half years since she "died". What happens when Julia and Vaughn cross paths?

A/N: Holey moley... Why am I even posting this? :blink: *runs away screaming*

But I guess... Feedback's good. Honest feedback's even better... If anyone even reads this... :thinking:

AHHH! I should just post this. Overcome my fear of posting new fics. *pats myself on the back* :Ph34r: This hasn't been beta'd either, by the way, so if I spelt something horribly wrong... *points to Word* It was the paperclip! It was all the paperclip's fault! He did it! :o_O:

Anyway, I'll just uh... Go back to my corner or something now. YAY! CORNER! :woot:

Cai
x

ps. I know it's short... Just uh... Deal with me here. *nods*

Chapter One

I've done everything as you say
I've followed your rules without question
I thought it would help me see things clearly
But instead of helping me to see
I look around and it's like I'm blinded

I'm spinning out of control
Out of control
Out of control

-- Hoobastank, Out of Control

She has but a memory of her past. She just does what they tell her, ruthless, yet carrying herself with such grace that suggested she wasn't a cold-blooded killer, yet she was. Her stride is defiant and confident, her stride screams Sydney Bristow.

Michael Vaughn stood alone. The whispers of the wind and sea devoured the silence around him, but to him, the silence remained.

Sydney…

He had never gotten over her death. Still had the faint belief that his Sydney was alive and was out there somewhere, but that belief was being dissipated as the months trickled by. Eighteen months she's been gone for, he reminded himself. Eighteen agonising months, has he managed to live without Sydney, and he decides to face reality after these past eighteen months.

Sydney isn't coming back.

Tears threaten to spring to his eyes, as he reminds himself she'll always be a part of his past. She isn't coming back. The four words resound in his mind, over and over, until it sparks the anger built up inside of him and he lets it all out in a screaming fit of rage.

At night, he sleeps alone. Wonders if he'll ever regain that sense of… Well, anything in his life. He yearns to feel, to feel anything. He reasons with himself, any feeling is better than no feeling. Yet still, there is no feeling.

He dreams of her at night. The familiar voice whispering in his ear, her warm breath lingering on his collarbone. In his dreams, he reaches out for her, but the second his fingertips graze her skin, she's gone. So repetitive are these dreams that he teaches himself to be content with just watching her from a short distance away, but as he watches, she walks away, and once again, she's gone.

He always awakes, frustrated and yearning to have slept longer, to have remained in her presence, though non-existent. He finds himself alone.

This is the world Michael Vaughn lives in.

Vaughn rejoins the Agency.

He pretends to do so to project the façade that maybe Michael Vaughn has moved on without Sydney Bristow. A pretence, he likes to call it. So that what he has left of his friends and family will stop worrying for his well being, and continue happily on with their lives, as if nothing has happened. But he knows better. He knows he's rejoined because it makes him feel closer to Sydney.

She throws herself into her work, as does he. They have nothing left without their significant other. They have no purpose. Relentlessly, they work, putting all they're worth into their efforts, only to come home at the end of the day and collapse, exhausted.

She has no memory, unlike he, of the past they shared. It's all a blur. It spares her of all the pain he has to endure, and in a way, she's thankful.

He however, welcomes the pain with open arms. Any feeling is better than none.

They're sending him to Russia tomorrow. Something to do with Rambaldi or something-or-other, he reminisces, or tries to, because it's all a blur.

Drinking is frowned upon the night before a mission, but he doesn't care. He needs something to drown his oblivion, he reasons with himself, as he reaches for the shot of vodka.

And something to drown his frustration.

And something to drown his anger.

And something to drown his misery he feels without Sydney by his side.

Damn Milo Rambaldi for screwing up my life…

In Russia, with deft precision and skill, he obtains the godforsaken object that was created by the man that ruined his life. He's tempted to simply smash whatever-the-hell it was, but he restrains himself.

Footsteps quickly approach, and with a carefully placed blow, he knocks out the individual.

Carefully slipping off the mask that shields her identity, Michael Vaughn is faced with the last person, and yet only person in the world he ever wanted to see again. Sydney Bristow.

TBC...?

Links to chapters (so that you don't have to read through the babble :rolleyes:)—

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Epilogue

OMG! :jawdrop:
This is so well written!
I really enjoyed the first chapter.
It makes me feel so sorry for both Sydney/Julia and Vaughn. :depressed:
But I can't believe you left the first chapter like that! *curse's evil cliff hangers*
I wonder what Vaughn will say to her? If she has no memory, she won't know him, will she??? Noooooooo
Can I get a om when you update, please?
Update soon

Wow... That was quick! :smiley:

But yay! Pee emmy list! :woot:

Pee emmy list—
syd26
Alias_rocks_87
frangipani
vaughnshoney

Thank you sooo much for reviewing, all of you! :hug:

wow :jawdrop: that's so emotional, so intense and so good! I can't believe you had doubts with it. can i please be added to your PM list?

hey Cai!!! it was an INCREDIBLY WRITTEN chapter ONE!!! Good God... youre a gifted writer, truthfully speaking. the way you described how michael lived his life after sydney's fake death... amazing. amazing. its all that i can say... please do continue this! and when you do, dont you dare forget to PM me!!!!!!

and sydney has no memory... oh God... i am super intrigued!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PM ME!</span>

:happydance: gee

also, i love the idea of Michael hating anything that involved RAMBALDI for it really screwed up his life. their lives. how he wanted to smash the object. great. as in. great.

:coolthumb:

Title: Out of Control
:woot: YAY! Another Superdooper Missy Kay fic! *runs around screaming with Juju* THE TRIO LIVES! :smiley:

Disclaimer: It just took me three attempts to try and spell disclaimer right. :lol: Do I look like I'm capable of owning something as cool as Alias?
:nod:

Summary: Sydney is presumed dead, having being kidnapped and successfully brainwashed by the Covenant, and now believes that she's a ruthless killer by the name of Julia Thorne. Vaughn rejoins the CIA after one and a half years since she "died". What happens when Julia and Vaughn cross paths?
I dunno... you tell me.

A/N: Holey moley... Why am I even posting this? :blink: *runs away screaming*
🤷 I dunno. BUT I LOIKE IT!

But I guess... Feedback's good. Honest feedback's even better... If anyone even reads this... :thinking:
GWEER IS FEEDINGBACK! *hell proud* I AM! THE GWEER IS READING THIS!

AHHH! I should just post this. Overcome my fear of posting new fics. *pats myself on the back* :Ph34r: This hasn't been beta'd either, by the way, so if I spelt something horribly wrong... *points to Word* It was the paperclip! It was all the paperclip's fault! He did it! :o_O:
Darn you, papercrap.
Anyway, I'll just uh... Go back to my corner or something now. YAY! CORNER! :woot:
Okay :smiley: I read now...

Cai
x
IT'S KAY! NOT CAAAAAI! Dude, can't you spell your own name?

ps. I know it's short... Just uh... Deal with me here. *nods* :nod:
Chapter One

I've done everything as you say
I've followed your rules without question
I thought it would help me see things clearly
But instead of helping me to see
I look around and it's like I'm blinded

Out of control
Out of control

Iiiiiiiii'm Jake the peg, deedleeedleeedleum, with my wooden leg, deedleeedleeedleum...

She has but a memory of her past. She just does what they tell her, ruthless, yet carrying herself with such grace that suggested she wasn't a cold-blooded killer, yet she was. Her stride is defiant and confident, her stride screams Sydney Bristow.
OMG! remember in S3 when they're in that Medusa thing? And the limping dude's screams "SYDNEY BRIIIIISTOW!"

Michael Vaughn stood alone. The whispers of the wind and sea devoured the silence around him, but to him, the silence remained.

Sydney…

*whispers to Vaughn* That's where cakey people live. Don't go there.
He had never gotten over her death. Still had the faint belief that his Sydney was alive and was out there somewhere, but that belief was being dissipated as the months trickled by. Eighteen months she's been gone for, he reminded himself. Eighteen agonising months, has he managed to live without Sydney, and he decides to face reality after these past eighteen months.
Puh, fiiiiiiine. Be a cake.
Sydney isn't coming back. *whispers* yes she is!
Tears threaten to spring to his eyes, as he reminds himself she'll always be a part of his past. She isn't coming back. The four words resound in his mind, over and over, until it sparks the anger built up inside of him and he lets it all out in a screaming fit of rage.
CRY BABY! CRY BABY! CRY BABY!
At night, he sleeps alone. Wonders if he'll ever regain that sense of… Well, anything in his life. He yearns to feel, to feel anything. He reasons with himself, any feeling is better than no feeling. Yet still, there is no feeling.
I sleep with you, Michael... I good bed buddy! :nod: I don't kick or anything!
He dreams of her at night. The familiar voice whispering in his ear, her warm breath lingering on his collarbone. In his dreams, he reaches out for her, but the second his fingertips graze her skin, she's gone. So repetitive are these dreams that he teaches himself to be content with just watching her from a short distance away, but as he watches, she walks away, and once again, she's gone.
:cry: Here's the smallest violin Vaughniepoo
He always awakes, frustrated and yearning to have slept longer, to have remained in her presence, though non-existent. He finds himself alone.
At least he's not with some COW!
This is the world Michael Vaughn lives in.
Have you ever thought of pastel's to liven up your life? Ikea has lots of great deals going on right now...

Vaughn rejoins the Agency.

He pretends to do so to project the façade that maybe Michael Vaughn has moved on without Sydney Bristow. A pretence, he likes to call it. So that what he has left of his friends and family will stop worrying for his well being, and continue happily on with their lives, as if nothing has happened. But he knows better. He knows he's rejoined because it makes him feel closer to Sydney.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Close tooo yooooou....

She throws herself into her work, as does he. They have nothing left without their significant other. They have no purpose. Relentlessly, they work, putting all they're worth into their efforts, only to come home at the end of the day and collapse, exhausted.

She has no memory, unlike he, of the past they shared. It's all a blur. It spares her of all the pain he has to endure, and in a way, she's thankful.

He however, welcomes the pain with open arms. Any feeling is better than none.
Just take some panadol, my love :D

They're sending him to Russia tomorrow. Something to do with Rambaldi or something-or-other, he reminisces, or tries to, because it's all a blur.

Drinking is frowned upon the night before a mission, but he doesn't care. He needs something to drown his oblivion, he reasons with himself, as he reaches for the shot of vodka.

And something to drown his frustration.

And something to drown his anger.

And something to drown his misery he feels without Sydney by his side.

Damn Milo Rambaldi for screwing up my life…

*hiss*

In Russia, with deft precision and skill, he obtains the godforsaken object that was created by the man that ruined his life. He's tempted to simply smash whatever-the-hell it was, but he restrains himself.
(n)

Footsteps quickly approach, and with a carefully placed blow, he knocks out the individual.
OI! Don't be so mean!

Carefully slipping off the mask that shields her identity, Michael Vaughn is faced with the last person, and yet only person in the world he ever wanted to see again. Sydney Bristow. :woot: I WANT MOOOOOOOORE!
TBC...? YES YES YES! GWEERIE WANT'S A PEE EMMY! ::clap::

Kay's list of Super dooper's ::

1. Gweerie (ASIOagent)

I bow down to Cai.

Not much else I can say.

YOU'RE WRITING!! :woot:

And how come I haven't heard of this fic, Missy? *crosses arms and taps toes*

Loved itttt!! Cai you write so freakin' well!! You make my writing look like a pile of dog felgercarb on the side of the road!!!

:P

HELL YES!!!

Moreeeeee!!

And if you need a beta, don't hesitate to ask!! ;)

OMGOMGOMGOMG MORE MORE MORE!! I'm going into withdrawl!!!

:notworthy:

Awesomeness!

PM me!

xo laur :Prop:

OMG cai.... im not joking that was one of the best things ive ever read on here... possibly the best :eek:
you have to contiunue and yes continue PMing me because i can see i shall become addicted to it.
i love the way u have written it, it flows really well and its so sad and um kinda heart breaking!! i need more! lol xx helen xx

Back