Pet Peeves

We all have them, little things that we see people do or say that just make our skin crawl. They may not bother someone else, but the bug the heck out of us.

What are they?

My major one is:

The overuse of the word "Icon" - to me an Icon is something or someone that most people are familar with and it represents something. Like Marilyn Monroe is an Icon for sex symbols. Elivis is for Rock and Roll. Babe Ruth is for Baseball.

ok...this one makes my skin crawl...
you know when a person has a runny nose and has a cold...and they sniff really hard...and you can hear it... :puke:

ugh! someone did that at work today and i had to fight not to hit them...i hate it when people do that repeatedly

also...pet peeve - the overuse of the word 'um' in a sentence....for gods sake...get the sentence out!

lol

iheartalias said:
Drivers not using turn signals...IS IT THAT HARD! :angry:
[post="1190075"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>yes!!!</span>
that drives me up the wall! especially since i drive a lot back home for work....when they do it on roundabouts!!

ok...i'm an angry person lol

over-used hand gestures, ugh so annoying, why cant you just talk we do speak the same language ythere's no pint in miming as well

Ugg boots they where them to much here where I leave! It drives me crazy!!! We live in Texas u dont need boots. They where them to much!!!
SYD

shakila said:
i hate it when people smack their lips when they eat. it is such an annoying sound.
[post="1192127"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YES!!! Exactly! That drives me absolutely insane...my family hates me because I have to leave the room when it's dinner time because they all smack...and it's all I can do to stop myself from hurting someone. Is it really that hard to take smaller bites?? What ever happened to manners!?! :blink:

I can't stand people talking on their cell phones in the grocery store. They seem to be oblivious that anyone else is around and that they might be in someone's way. Very annoying!

Speaking of cell phones, it's also very annoying when a phone goes off during a movie.

Or someone talking on a cell phone and driving 10 miles under the speed limit.

Speaking of people driving under the speed limit - that REALLY bugs me, more than all the rest.

Thanks, I needed to get that off my chest.

shakila said:
i hate it when people smack their lips when they eat. it is such an annoying sound.

falling4stars said:
YES!!! Exactly! That drives me absolutely insane...my family hates me because I have to leave the room when it's dinner time because they all smack...and it's all I can do to stop myself from hurting someone. Is it really that hard to take smaller bites?? What ever happened to manners!?! :blink:
[post="1192184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
UGH!!!! I know what you mean more than you will ever know! I know two people, who I absolutely love to death, but when I am eating around them I have to leave or blast the TV real loud! I wonder how they don't realize it, don't they hear themselves! Grrr!

shakila said:

I also hate it when people chew or talk with their mouths full of food. I can always turn my head, but the sound makes my skin crawl.

:lol: that's quite a good one,

you almost collapsing with tiredness in a lesson and the teacher taking you back and going, " are you ok? you look upset" hello, i'm tired, dont you get that you're lesson is boring

never happened to me :angelic:

ugh someone today after i asked for the french word for menu, goes:
them: "was that a real question, everyone knows menu is a worldwide word, were you trying to be stupid"

i dont have to try :blush:

Back