nance

TUMS
so good? Everybody comes to Hollywood
They wanna make it in the neighborhood
They like the smell of it in Hollywood
How could it hurt you when it looks so good

Well I'm against plastic surgery for one. ^_^

My arguments:

Well the obvious is plastic surgery gone wrong. I mean... have you heard those stories? They're horrible. This one woman had liposuction and actually made it ten times worse.

Then there's the fact that it costs like what... $4000 to get a nose job? :rolleyes:

And also- it's fake beauty and totally un-natural. Boobs with saline in them? :o_O:

And still people in the US (especially Hollywood) continue to do it... :sigh:

But then again... I heard this story about a model who got into a serious car crash and her looks got altered, her face drooped and they did plastic surgery... that I can understand. ^_^

i have mixed feelings about plastic surgery. in a way i'm for it b/c i feel like people should be happy with them selves and if that is what it takes...then happiness is all that matters..but then again i'm not sure if the risk is worth it? its really 50/50....ya know....its either going to work and you'll be satisfied or its not and you'll be worse off.

i'm torn...

personally, I think plastic surgery is wrong. :o_O: like you said, a thousand things could go wrong, the problem could get worse, and also, aren't some cosmetic surgeries painful? :confused: many of them, I've read, can have serious side effects, such as swelling (I sound like an advertisment lady! :lol: ) or an allergic reaction. :Ph34r:

I suppose it's okay when it's for medical purposes, or if you just really really *really* hate your nose, but overall, shouldn't people just be happy with the way they are? :thinking:

People should be happy with the way they are... but are any of us truly happy with the way we are? I mean I'm unhappy about somethings but never to the extreme where I'd go to plastic surgery.

And sarah- i know what you mean and how you feel because if the surgery turns out right and nothing goes wrong, the person is happy with it, then that's not so bad but when people get plastic surgery... they want more and more. It's like no matter how much, no one will ever be 100% happier. Take pamela lee anderson :lol: Small to big to huge to big to huuuuuuge to huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

i understand what you are both saying...plastic surgery doesn't solve the problem it just provides a temporary solution and the person might find something else that is wrong and then they have to keep fixing....

but....i dunno....i feel like if its used right then its okay. i'm not agaisn't it...the risks are scary to think about. but honestly if given the opportunity (not sure if thatz the right word) i might have some done...

i think people should have freedom of choice. if people want plastic surgery and have the money to do so, go ahead! would any of you guys get plastic surgery? personally, i'd have to wait until i get older to see how i turn out, but if i was unhappy with the way i looked, i'd go for it. as it is, i hate my nose...i'm not so extreme as to get a new one tho.

and you know what? i was thinking of starting a thread on this topic...lol

yeah... i'm just personally against it but i mean if other people want to do it, it's not my life and i don't care. go ahead and do it.

just please JENNIFER GARNER- DON'T DO IT! she is perfect the way she is!

you know nance...i bet she doesn't think shes perfect. isn't it amazing how "we" never really see ourselves..ya know? like i'm sure she could pick out all kinds of flaws with herself...but to us....she's perfect.

i can pick out a million things that i consider flaws but no one else would...ya know? i wonder why I/people are like that....

wouldn't it be great if we all saw like that dude on shallow hal?

ugh that's so true! that movie was good and very funny but it's not like any thing will change.

it's human nature to think skinny and big boobs, nice hair and a perfect face and body means beautiful when personality doesn't matter but only some people see that the real thing that matters is who people are inside. and it sounds so incredibly conry :lol: but it's true. you can have a beautiful woman on the outside but inside she could be a total b****.

so why would you consider doing plastic surgery?

i'm against plastic surgury. it's addictive. and if you have enough issues with the way you look to get plastic surgury, you should deal with them another way besides changing the way you look permenadently

nance said:
Sarahmañana said:
was that a rhetorical question or were you asking me why i would do it?
no i mean, why would you do it (not rhetorically) :smiley:
well it's kinda hard to explain...i just think it would make me feel better about a couple things. i'm just not happy with myself sometimes...

i'm against it, i wouldn't do it and i don't like it when other ppl do it. it's just so fake! deal with your problems differently! i mean, we'd ALL like to change things about ourselves, right? but we don't just fix everything we wanna change!

nance, i'd get plastic surgery...i feel that it would make me feel more confident and better about myself, so i won't focus on how "horrible" i think one part of my body looks...but thats just me

VaughnFan13 said:
nance, i'd get plastic surgery...i feel that it would make me feel more confident and better about myself, so i won't focus on how "horrible" i think one part of my body looks...but thats just me
i agree....

You guys are missing a whole side of plastic surgery....yeah when we think about plastic surgery we think of people being dissatisfied with their nose or their face or other things and getting them fixed....I would never do that, but whatever floats your boat I guess....

But you are completely missing a very important part of plastic surgery....some of you may know that in July, I completely wrecked my car, and now I have a nice upside down "T" shaped scar on the left side of my face...and in less than a year, I'm probably going to get reconstructive plastic surgery to get rid of it...I don't want to live the rest of my life with a fairly good sized scar on my face... would you? Also I had a relative who lost both his arms in a farm accident a couple years ago....he had a plastic surgeon working on him, trying to put his arms back together...and even though she wasn't able to put them back on...she did many wonderful things like she was able to save an elbow and other things and she did a wonderful job, and there are many other things were people have been in some sort of accident or something like that and it benefited them w/o changing their actual appearance (if you know what you mean)....so in some ways, plastic surgery, when it is used right, can be considered a miracle.

nance said:
But then again... I heard this story about a model who got into a serious car crash and her looks got altered and totally disproportioned, her face drooped and they did plastic surgery... that I can understand. ^_^
hey pasta... i totally understand. :smiley:

Back