Post your favorite screenshot!

F

frostydf2

Go find your favorite screenshot of Hero's Journey and post it! Also give a brief description of what you enjoyed about the screenshot, and why you think it deserves to be the best screenshot of Hero's Journey!

mmorpgqanda13_2.jpg

This is my favorite screenshot becuase of the detail that is going into it. The mob also looks crazy unique! Name a game where a rat like human has claws, and leather straps on it? None! Also check out the dungeon, the cob-webs, the lighting! Everything, its perfect!

00000009123-1.jpg

Not only are there crazy little fairies here...
But this picture shows a tremendous amount of detail that went into that one spot alone.

2976.jpg

This one. I like the dark, creepy atmosphere with the fog and such.

That screen that killarai posted has some bad clipping in that ladies skirt. I'm surprised they even released it like that.

Originally posted by killarai@Mar 30 2006, 01:24 AM
Not only are there crazy little fairies here...
But this picture shows a tremendous amount of detail that went into that one spot alone.

What I *really* want to see is how the tall grass looks as you rotate the view. The grass clearly has real height, because the heroine's right foot is partially obscured. However, a lot of games use depthless planes painted with 2-D textures of grass-and-open-space that look great stationary but not when you move about. It's not simple to make it look good- you can't just go spending multiple polygons on each blade of grass (or separate texture maps).

I'm also looking forward to seeing how impressive the point-source lighting (like the fairie dust) looks in-game.

In any case I like the lighting reflecting off of the heroine's staff, knee-guard things, and hair.

The ship-in-fog looks great but what of the too-straight horizontal lines that divide "really foggy" and "not quite as foggy" regions in the center of the picture?

I believe deathmetal was referring to the portion of the skirt that overlaps the chainmail. I've circled the area I believe he was talking about:

clipping.jpeg

I could be wrong, though!

Frozz

Nothing is perfect, So don't ask for something that is. :P

You can look at every picture in every game and find atleast one little mistake in each one. <_<

Originally posted by killarai@Apr 6 2006, 10:00 PM
Nothing is perfect, So don't ask for something that is. :P

You can look at every picture in every game and find atleast one little mistake in each one. <_<
I agree. In almost every game, every model can be flawed by a certain movement or another texture on top of it.

Originally posted by HJ-Frozz@Apr 6 2006, 03:17 PM
I believe deathmetal was referring to the portion of the skirt that overlaps the chainmail. I've circled the area I believe he was talking about:

clipping.jpeg

I could be wrong, though!

Frozz
Yeah thats what I was talking about. It looks to me like the skirt is supposed to be overlapping the chainmail, but the chain is showing through on that particular animation.

I think thats how its supposed to be though. During the Medieval times, knights would wear chainmail under their armour. Probably even having excess chain hanging down.

Originally posted by Chaotic@Apr 6 2006, 07:27 PM
I think thats how its supposed to be though. During the Medieval times, knights would wear chainmail under their armour. Probably even having excess chain hanging down.
While I don't consider this to be much of an issue at all, I think the right portion of the chainmail seems jagged, or inconsistent with the rest of the texture. If I understand deathmetal correctly, I think he's referring to this as well.

I didn't even notice this until I searched the graphic up and down, and as someone stated before, nothing is perfect! Every screenshot I have seen so far has been beautiful, and I'm confident that when Hero's Journey is released will put the screenshots to shame.

Cheers!

Frozz

Originally posted by HJ-Frozz+Apr 7 2006, 05:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Frozz @ Apr 7 2006, 05:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chaotic@Apr 6 2006, 07:27 PM
While I don't consider this to be much of an issue at all, I think the right portion of the chainmail seems jagged, or inconsistent with the rest of the texture. If I understand deathmetal correctly, I think he's referring to this as well.

I didn't even notice this until I searched the graphic up and down, and as someone stated before, nothing is perfect! Every screenshot I have seen so far has been beautiful, and I'm confident that when Hero's Journey is released will put the screenshots to shame.

Cheers!

Frozz [/b][/quote]
Again, I think it is supposed to be jagged like that, and on top, I can't see anything that is wrong with it.

Back