Question for Sydney Fans

Ophelia

Cadet
Ever since the finale, some people, especially on other boards, seem to think it was kind of cool -- even funny -- for Irina to be zapping Sydney with a taser, knocking her down at the skating rink, and all the other insanity that went on between them. I was appalled at it myself. Notice how Sydney went charging after her mother, even when she could have gone after Sloane instead? Sydney's furious -- and I don't blame her. What do you guys think? 🐈

I thought it was obviously uncalled for, what Irina did to Syd, but that IS part of her charector. :blink: Who knows.

Let me rephrase this response:

To respond directly to the question, I'd have to say that what Irina did was neither "cool" nor (especially!) "funny." However, it was in character and had the desired effect of stopping Sydney from what she was doing.

Meanwhile, I have to admit that I'm continually amazed that Irina seems to be building an ardent fan following that rivals that of Sydney. Obviously, they knew what they were doing when they cast the role.
;)

I don't think it was funny. I don't think it was bad. I don't think it was stupid. She used the taser to keep Sydney down so she could take the data without Sydney trying to attack her. At the skating rink, well, Sydney needed a good talking to. She was being very stubborn and the only one who could get through to her was Irina. Irina was only trying to help......

i agree with most of you, syd's stubborn and irina just had to get through to her somehow. it's not nice what irina did but i guess she had no choice but to stop her some way so she would listen or not go after her. but it's part of the show, and i guess we'll just let j.j. be evil.

Alias_Freak said:
Irina was only trying to help......
At the hockey rink, Irina was trying to get her hands on the Di Regno heart. I'm not sure that qualifies as "helping." But fortunately, Irina loves her daughter enough to incapacitate her by nonlethal means.
;)

I didn't think it was funny or cool. Just necessary and completely believable in context with what was happening. I like Irina and Syd and their relationship.

Back