Rap Music

I used to listen to rap music religiously back when I was in junior high and high school. Ever since then I've hated it with a passion. Rap has totally lost it. Everything they play today on the radio is garbage. Dont get me wrong, I m only generalizing, there are songs that are great, but the majority of the felgercarb out there just blows.

^^
Agreed. Theres a difference between rap, and rap done well, and there is a serious lack in the latter in recent years. Not that im a huge rap fan to begin with, but i have noticed the complete and utter bull s***e that is played on radios, and it blows. Hard.

I agree with both of you. With a couple of exceptions like Outkast and Kanye West, the genre has given itself a bad name. I yearn for the days when it was about the music and not the bling-bling,women, etc. That's why I prefer the old school (Run DMC, Beastie Boys,Tribe Called Quest,Public Enemy).

Rap was better back when performers like Hammer and DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince were around - now it's mostly unlistenable garbage (except for some of Eminem's tunes).

I don't a lot of the new song, except for Eminem.. he's really great, although I do hate some of his songs that are supposed to be funny, like that one.. without me. :o_O:

And I liked the 50 cent album Get rich and try dying, I know all these songs are written just to give him the gangster image, so he gets rich of it, but I still liked that album.

Modern rap can hardly be compared to what was made in the beginning of the 90's, but it's still very cool in away imo. (y)

Bubbles said:
rap was so much better in the early 90s... till like 1995...but now, all the rappers SUCK!!!
[post="1339554"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I love 2pacs album All eyes on me, it was great, and from 1996.. than till 2000 not much happened untill Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg came back.

Itz da MT said:
I love 2pacs album All eyes on me, it was great, and from 1996.. than till 2000 not much happened untill Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg came back.
[post="1340037"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Really Yeah All Eyes on Me is probably my favorite rap alum too.

but like... even snoop's lost it

doggy dogg was just a different era

and OMG dr dre :cry: people like jay z and ja rule SUCK!!

rap is ok. i dont like it a whole lot. i only like two of eminem's songs "Mockingbird" (it's cute) and "Toy Soldiers" (i like the drums). but otherwise they all seem the same to me. i haven't heard much of the 90's rap, but from what you guys say it's better.

Rap should die.

the only kind of rap I find tolerable is the kind that doesn't use a lot of swears, doesn't involve drug use/murdering people, and is sung by women. I don't know why I pretty only like female rapping, maybe because it doesn't sound as much like rap as mainstream rap does :o_O:

Hibou said:
Rap should die.

the only kind of rap I find tolerable is the kind that doesn't use a lot of swears, doesn't involve drug use/murdering people, and is sung by women. I don't know why I pretty only like female rapping, maybe because it doesn't sound as much like rap as mainstream rap does :o_O:
[post="1349515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
you say a load of bulls***. rap is awesome. i listen to it all the time. you should be more open-minded to other kinds of rap.

Rap is the worst thing ever created. I SWEAR.
you cant understand what the hell they're saying, most of it is about drugs, sex, or girls and s*** like that.
I just hate it with a passion.

I like a few rappers, they're music isn't half as bad as some of the others.

And for you in this thread who like rap, remember this is just an opinion so don't come strangle me, kay?

Vaughnlover15 said:
Rap is the worst thing ever created. I SWEAR.
you cant understand what the hell they're saying, most of it is about drugs, sex, or girls and s*** like that.
I just hate it with a passion.
I like a few rappers, they're music isn't half as bad as some of the others.

And for you in this thread who like rap, remember this is just an opinion so don't come strangle me, kay?
[post="1363199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well than don't come posting here if you think like that.

Itz tha Dreila said:
you say a load of bulls***. rap is awesome. i listen to it all the time. you should be more open-minded to other kinds of rap.
[post="1362152"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Excuse me? Ahem.

That's a little bit offensive, but hey, I don't really care what you think. I don't care if you 'listen to it all the time.' I still don't like it. So, we're all good :smiley:

That's the style of rap I can tolerate. Deal with it.

Oh, and you might not want to flame people for voicing their opinions in a thread titled "Rap Music, What do you think?" The original poster didn't say "Rap music, rap lovers only," they asked for what other people thought about it.

Rap! i really don't like how rap artists portray their own people as ignorant, dirty, etc. there are lots of people like MLK who are excellent human beings and show that skin color should not be a barrier but rap artists create these stereotypes that are very hurtful to people of color and i find that is very disgusting. not all Black Americans are craving for a shooting spree, "pimpin' dem hoes", etc. it's just outrageous that people would listen to that kind of music let alone buy those kinds of albums.

i'm not saying that people who listen to rap are necessarily bad people, just the message that rap puts out there is not a positive one. rap also has degraded this once beautiful folk music. when artists are given this power to influence society, rap artists don't always put forth a good example of what to do.

Back