Season 4 Rate: The Road Home

What did you think of "The Road Home"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
mystery_chick said:
well now that's something interesting.... wierd, but interesting...
But look at CSI, number 1 rated show in America for many, many, many years. ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

but alas, quantity of viewers does not determine quality of show. ^_^

ok JJ says he wants to attract "new viewers" by making these stand-alone episodes and dumbed down stories and cool high-tech toy helicopters... thats all fine and dandy but in season 1 he attracted "new viewers" by having the complex story arches and cliffhangers!!! so why didnt he just continue?! they may have had bad ratings in S1 2 and 3 but it never got cancelled.. was the cancellation being discussed or something?? i mean i dont understand why JJ just suddenly thought that he needed new viewers...

agh. i get so emotional over this show.

but then again, he didn't tell Weiss about finding Frank Murdock. Did anyone else found it funny that it was Murdock? aka Daredevil?  I just wanted to crack up.
Hehehe. I'd say he is reaching a point that he doens't know what to believe right now when it comes to his dad. Syd is the person to talk to about this. This has happened to her as well.

As far as ratings go, people are going to watch AI no matter how amazing the Alias eps are. Sucks but that is the way it goes. Though I have heard that Alias is one of the most Tivoed shows. Sadly, Tivo doesn't count in the ratings. Thankfully, we got the demos going for us and yes demos are important. There have many shows out there that had great ratings but were cancelled because they were not reaching the demographic audience that the network wanted.

Kara said:
argh why does the quote button not work for me EVER?

anyways. i hear ya. JJ is a busy man and granted he didn't write all the episodes from season1/2 either. i've been open minded so far this season, but it's really not looking good for me. i guess part of the main problem for ME is that this season is cleaning up after the catastrophe that was season 3, and i haven't quite forgiven JJ/the writers for that one quite yet. also, the stand alone eps just get to me. we're smarter than this! we can handle the rambaldi storylines and the intelligent scenarios with baddies/weapons and the CLIFFHANGERS! oh, i miss the cliffhangers. i think what really, really sucks is that there is no ONE enemy this year. we're used to being after sloane, or taking down sd-6 or finding irina's endgame, and this year it's a new baddie every week. i like continuation in my shows and i wouldn't mind if sloane went bad or sark came back with some huge plan just so we could get on with the season and have a real plot. but maybe that's just me. i guess some people like the different missions and everything, and they're great, but i kinda like everything to be directed towards one goal, not just have everything all over the place every week.
[post="1262168"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I hear ya. I hate the new baddie of the week thing too. It just bothers me. I mean it's partially intriguing who they're gonna kill this week but then thats' exactly what it is. Sydney goes after bad guys, Sydney Kills bad guy, Sloane says good Job, and Sydney goes home, (WITHOUT VAUGHN!!! :hmm: ) and then there's some new side tagalong. I don't like it either. I wish they would stop pouring out episodes that are so... :rolleyes: and so damn predictable! <_<

ALIAS_RULES said:
Yeah, but not that great of a show... so I guess JJ is willing to sacrifice quality for ratings. And you know, during season three, the first half was doing well. It was constantly getting 9+ million viewers (which Alias is doing now too). So, if they started introducing a plot, then they'd probably still have viewers. Alias ratings didn't start really falling until those stupid 3 week waits.
[post="1262173"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

who knows, honestly who knows. I think a reason for sacrificing quality for quantity... it's almost as if everyone's expecting Alias to do as well as Lost which is completely stupid because they're pulling on two different fan bases. (and let's see them putting lost up against AI :rolleyes: ) and I dunno, Alias is just Alias, I don't like what they're doing with it either but we just all have ot wait.

Kara said:
but alas, quantity of viewers does not determine quality of show. ^_^
[post="1262175"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

true to that, true to that. ;)

Pleeeeeease tell me they explain how Sasha betrayed Jack?! :thinking: I mean he just killed him in cold blood when the guy seemed to idolize him.....I need to know what awful thing Sasha did to Jack personally to warrant that kind of reaction. Only 5 minutes left.......Darn commercials! :angry: Thanks for putting up with my rantings during the show! My hubby isn't home to speculate with tonight so it has been fun to come on here! You guys are the BEST! Even those of you who think tonights eppy blew! ;) I thought it was pretty cool personally! (y)

who knows, honestly who knows. I think a reason for sacrificing quality for quantity... it's almost as if everyone's expecting Alias to do as well as Lost which is completely stupid because they're pulling on two different fan bases. (and let's see them putting lost up against AI rolleyes.gif ) and I dunno, Alias is just Alias, I don't like what they're doing with it either but we just all have ot wait.

Yeah, but Lost did face AI, and it did well. It got like 19 million viewers. I know ALias is no lost, but I mean, story-wise... it's a million times better. It was stupid to not have a plot this season. I wish this season would just end so we could get the new season already.

emetib147 said:
ok JJ says he wants to attract "new viewers" by making these stand-alone episodes and dumbed down stories and cool high-tech toy helicopters... thats all fine and dandy but in season 1 he attracted "new viewers" by having the complex story arches and cliffhangers!!! so why didnt he just continue?! they may have had bad ratings in S1 2 and 3 but it never got cancelled.. was the cancellation being discussed or something?? i mean i dont understand why JJ just suddenly thought that he needed new viewers...

agh. i get so emotional over this show.
[post="1262177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But also remember that ABC had a whole upheave this year with new management and all, which is why I think they're trying to pull up the ratings and ensure that Alias will stay on. We have no idea what the new Management is like and even though Stephen Mcphearson (sp?) had a hand in creating Alias it doesn't mean that it'll save Alias from cancellation due to bad ratings. ;)

angel_audie said:
Hehehe.  I'd say he is reaching a point that he doens't know what to believe right now when it comes to his dad.  Syd is the person to talk to about this.  This has happened to her as well.
As far as ratings go, people are going to watch AI no matter how amazing the Alias eps are.  Sucks but that is the way it goes.  Though I have heard that Alias is one of the most Tivoed shows.  Sadly, Tivo doesn't count in the ratings.  Thankfully, we got the demos going for us and yes demos are important.  There have many shows out there that had great ratings but were cancelled because they were not reaching the demographic audience that the network wanted.
[post="1262178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wouldn't it be wierd if the whole thing turned out to be another Irina situation? :blink: that would not be cool. :blink:

and yes, People will watch AI no matter what, we can't help that. Tivo should really count in ratings because then Alias will stay on and on and on. :lol: Why do everyone watch AI though?!! aRGH so frustrating! <_<

angel_audie said:
Hehehe.  I'd say he is reaching a point that he doens't know what to believe right now when it comes to his dad.  Syd is the person to talk to about this.  This has happened to her as well.

[post="1262178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

thank you! as soon as the idea was introduced that Bill Vaughn could be bad i was like YAY he and sydney are finally gonna get to have a CONVERSATION!! woohoo... but then i dont even think they were even in one scene together. agh.

::searches for season 2 dvds::

ALIAS_RULES said:
Yeah, but Lost did face AI, and it did well. It got like 19 million viewers. I know ALias is no lost, but I mean, story-wise... it's a million times better. It was stupid to not have a plot this season. I wish this season would just end so we could get the new season already.

that's what i was saying last year in between head banging against the wall: season four will be better. all will be well.

personally, i think i'll live in DVD land with s1/2 by my side, because s3 really ruined alias for me.

freelancer7 said:
Thanks for putting up with my rantings during the show!  My hubby isn't home to speculate with tonight so it has been fun to come on here!  You guys are the BEST!  Even those of you who think tonights eppy blew!  ;)  I thought it was pretty cool personally! (y)
[post="1262184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

At least your hubby speculates with you.... :lol: Mine won't even watch with me.... :lol:

freelancer7 said:
Pleeeeeease tell me they explain how Sasha betrayed Jack?! :thinking:  I mean he just killed him in cold blood when the guy seemed to idolize him.....I need to know what awful thing Sasha did to Jack personally to warrant that kind of reaction.  Only 5 minutes left.......Darn commercials! :angry:  Thanks for putting up with my rantings during the show!  My hubby isn't home to speculate with tonight so it has been fun to come on here!  You guys are the BEST!  Even those of you who think tonights eppy blew!  ;)  I thought it was pretty cool personally! (y)
[post="1262184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

no idea, nothing was ever explain, except that Sasha was also the guy who was trying to get the weapon. Why they wanted to kill him specifically, no one knows. It's not like they haven't left the big big baddies alive before. :rolleyes:

ALIAS_RULES said:
[post="1262189"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:blink: but we dont' know what they have in store for the rest of the season yet! If some spoilers are true... I'll be looking forward to the seaosn finale VERY much. ;)

emetib147 said:
thank you! as soon as the idea was introduced that Bill Vaughn could be bad i was like YAY he and sydney are finally gonna get to have a CONVERSATION!! woohoo... but then i dont even think they were even in one scene together. agh.

::searches for season 2 dvds::
[post="1262192"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know. I NEED SOME S/V! TODAY WOULD BE NICE!!!! :hmm:

:mellow:

freakforalias said:
At least your hubby speculates with you.... :lol: Mine won't even watch with me.... :lol:
[post="1262195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
AWWW :hug: we'll watch with you! :hug:

Kara said:
that sounds somewhat promising... :D
[post="1262198"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: only if it's true though. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

Rejoicing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously guys....don't care about the rest of the eppy...which I thoughy was good.....but the whole exchange b/t Syd and Dad at the end.......totally worth it! Even if the rest of the eppy had been trash I would be content! I did a happy dance, cheered etc etc!!! :angelfly: :cheers: :jump: (y)

While I understand some complaints about this eppy.....especially after coming after last weeks with all the family dynamics....I can see how this may have been a let down for some of you. However I really enjoyed it and totally am going to have to vote great mostly b/c of the totally sweet and long awaited ending! ;)

Kara said:
that's what i was saying last year in between head banging against the wall: season four will be better. all will be well.

personally, i think i'll live in DVD land with s1/2 by my side, because s3 really ruined alias for me.
[post="1262194"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i really didnt think s3 was that bad. at least it was the same alias-style. i hated how sydney was depressed all the time.. but at least it was alias!! id rather have s3 back then these stand-alone episodes any day

also.. lets not forget that the last 3 weeks JJ did give us 3 "old alias" episodes. and then we were all happy... and now we get one that more resembles the stand-alones again and we all jump down his throat. hes given us 3 good episodes... he'll give us more.. dont worry :D

I am getting so BORED with Alias. They fight a different bad guy every episode, I didn't even know who the bad guy was this episode, Sark isn't on it anymore (major, major reason why I'm getting bored), and Vaughn has turned into a major sissy. When was the last time the guy went on a mission and actually contributed? Not to mention the whole EVERYBODY WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD ALWAYS COMES BACK. If anybody else is ressurrected...ever, on the show, I'll stop watching. No joke, it's becoming a spy soap opera.

emetib147 said:
i really didnt think s3 was that bad. at least it was the same alias-style. i hated how sydney was depressed all the time.. but at least it was alias!! id rather have s3 back then these stand-alone episodes any day

also.. lets not forget that the last 3 weeks JJ did give us 3 "old alias" episodes. and then we were all happy... and now we get one that more resembles the stand-alones again and we all jump down his throat. hes given us 3 good episodes... he'll give us more.. dont worry :D
[post="1262204"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ya but I think the problem is, we're half way through the season (no jokes this is episode 11, only 22 episodes per season and the last two episodes are on the same night) and we have what? nothing? we have the Bill Vaughn plot line, that's about it and it's going at a snail pace (which I guess I shouldn't complain about because it's something at least ;) ) but we dont' have much else to go on. We need some new material, something new that we've never seen or heard of before and that would actually catch peoples attention and make them watch. Dumbing down the show and making it stand alones doesn't help at all in making good ratings. :rolleyes:

AlohaSpy said:
I am getting so BORED with Alias. They fight a different bad guy every episode, I didn't even know who the bad guy was this episode, Sark isn't on it anymore (major, major reason why I'm getting bored), and Vaughn has turned into a major sissy. When was the last time the guy went on a mission and actually contributed? Not to mention the whole EVERYBODY WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD ALWAYS COMES BACK. If anybody else is ressurrected...ever, on the show, I'll stop watching. No joke, it's becoming a spy soap opera.
[post="1262206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Threatening to us is no use dear. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

mystery_chick said:
It's not like they haven't left the big big baddies alive before. :rolleyes:
:blink: but we dont' know what they have in store for the rest of the season yet! If some spoilers are true... I'll be looking forward to the seaosn finale VERY much. ;)
[post="1262197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Great.... doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out... :sadangel:

Back