Season 5 Rate: "The Shed"

What did you think of "The Shed"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Hmm... I think we may have some crazy Vaughn zealots logging on just to vote "1" for every episode... What do you all think?

I would hope not, even though I think they're missing something interesting. This was the best so far, and the eps are improving as they go.

Dang, nobody seems excited about this at all. Theres only three pages...goes to show how much its messing u these days. *sigh*

I think a lot of you really need to just come to terms with the fact that Vaughn is gone! It's just a show, you know. We all may be really geeky and unusual for being so obsessed with it, but it itsn't like Michael Vartan is dead or anything.

Agreed. Unless they bring him back, but I'm so tired of hearing people bash the new characters because they think they are replacements. Optimism. Think positive. Give them a chance ;) ^_^

Help! I managed to screw up the recording tonight. I missed anything that happened after the bomb exploded. Obviously Rachel survived. What did I miss? :eek:

Great episode. It wasn't amazing, but still good. Awwww!! The magazine in the beginning. *sniff* The Rachel story was good, although I dislike that they keep having stories similar to Syd's, since there was Nadia before. Speaking of Nadia, who knows if she'll ever get better. Too bad that Russian guy didn't have a cure. I hope Dean goes down 'cuz he's just evil. But of course, the evil always remains. Oh, that was a funny connection with the guy in the Red Sox hat, since well Jen and Ben are, of course, big Red Sox fans. Next week looks pretty good, I especially like Sydney's alias.

Whoa. Weird. Only 4 pages of reactions. Usually it's up to 10 by my time. How sad.

I think a lot of you really need to just come to terms with the fact that Vaughn is gone! It's just a show, you know. We all may be really geeky and unusual for being so obsessed with it, but it itsn't like Michael Vartan is dead or anything.

I personally think the premiere was the best episode so far... best episode in about two years. The second episode started out strong, but slowly turned into irrelevant hodge-podge. This episode was very good considering what Alias has been these last two years. Do you not remember episode 3 of Alias LAST season? It was called Ice and may have been one of my least favorite of Alias EVER.

Overall, Zar-G is less than impressive. His character doesn't seem to bring much SO FAR... could (and hopefully will) change soon though. I loved Rachel Nichols in "The Inside" (R.I.P. Special Agent Rebecca Locke...) and I think she is a welcome addition to the Alias world. The only problem I'm forseeing for this season is, yes, the pregnant thing. Does EVERY episode need to have some sort of roll-your-eyes pregnancy reference? C'mon... we really don't need half a season with Sydney talking about her hormones. Things should really heat up in the last 1/3 of this season when (hopefully) J-Gar is back in action.

Just my two cents. :D

P.S. Siggy and Avi to be updated VERY SOON ;) I didn't realize how out-of-date they were...

UPDATE - Siggy/Avi updated :D

WHOA. Wow. Those are almost my EXACT thoughts.

"Prophet Five" was the best of the season so far BY far.

"...1..." started out amazing, but went all kooky and weird by the ending

"The Shed" was good, I guess, but in all reality was just irrelevant as well. Plus one of the weakest Alias endings EVER.

And I *HATED* Getty in "...1...". He was actually the main reason I hated that episode. But I actually kinda....tolerated him this episode. He wasn't bad.

I'm really liking Rachel for some reason. I dunno. I like her.

but I'm so tired of hearing people bash the new characters because they think they are replacements. Optimism. Think positive. Give them a chance

I agree I try not to look at the new guy like a tool but he so feels like one. I don't like the writers telling me how to feel and I think they are trying to do that in the same way they did Melissa George. Ok so her accent wasn't the best but lets face it she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As far as the new chic I like her she has a subtle uncomfortable nature that she's brought to her character that I like, when she goes in the field she is no Sydney a thats what I like. I also think that bringing the double agent plotline back is a good idea, that's why I fell in love with Alias in the first place. There was this complex dynamic this intense conflict that made me want to keep watching, there is no conflict now just another bad guy to chase down for vengance and that gets old. I mean is there ever going to be a point when Sydney stop trying to find everyone. She has to stop SD-6 she stops them, she's looking for her mother she's looking for Sloane looking for the Covenant looking for missing two years looking for Sark and EVERYBODY's looking for Rambaldi gimme a break I got sick of treasure hunts when I was like 9 you always find the treasure and it's always disappointing.

Sorry my rant folks
also if you want to rant and actually want someone to care and sympathize
allalias.com -&nbspallalias Resources and Information.

ok... i've just read through all the replies thus far. i thought tonight's episode was merely alright. it's nothing compared to seasons 1 or 2. seasons 3 and 4 grew on me after the fact. however... my thoughts - i don't completely trust rachel yet. although it does appear that her experience has been similar to syd's and it is giving syd the opportunity to be a handler of sorts - a natural evolution in her career. i don't think the new guy agent is as hot as vartan, of course. MV is much prettier - just the way i like it. anyway... each episode this season has just left me sad and despondent. i mean... i honestly don't believe that vaughn is dead. for a few reasons... of course nobody is ever really dead on alias. we all know that. also - syd didn't seem to be as upset as she would've been. there seemed to be some looks exchanged at the funeral between her and jack. episode 2? that was SO SO SO vaughn's voice on that call that syd wanted marshall to trace. and just the language that sydney and jack used in discussing that vaughn wasn't there. not that he was gone forever gone - but that he should be there. yadda yadda.
i think it kinda seems that they are setting the show up with new agents to carry on if and when j.garn leaves. i'm sure they'd like to carry it on and in order to follow through with some crazy storyline that JJ has dreamed up for season 8 they will need a similar background story. i don't know.
and as i keep telling everyone else - it's not michael vartan i'm mourning over - it's michael vaughn! der. sydney NEVER has lasting happiness. just when things could get to be a happier place in her personal life (think all the fun scenes in seasons 1 and 2 with francie and will), everything is SHOT DOWN literally. ew. i think that it will completely ruin the future of alias if michael vaughn is really dead. the heart and soul of the show has been the s/v love relationship. i'm sick of seeing sydney alone. she deserves some happiness. the void in her life of the loss of her soulmate will not be filled by their love child. i mean, really. i mean alias is all about the life and love of sydney bristow in the world of espionage. right now there's not much of either of those things. hmph. *sigh* anyway... that's my 47 cents.
p.s. did you notice the shipping # or whatever was 1147... always a 47 in there somewhere...

oh and also - someone had mentioned the gay deal with rachel... i totally told my friends and roommates that there was a lesbian vibe with the whole interaction between rachel and peyton. so i thought it, too.

I loved this episode! I love rachael and thomas. thomas SO likes rachael!! it's great. I'm really excited to see what happens next week though! The preview for next week is REALLY good! :smiley:

:confused: Uh.. that was not Vaughn's voice on the phone. Don't you think Syd would have had some sort of major reaction if it were? Trust me, I listened to it a couple times.. and it's not him.

Anyway, I gave this episode a 1 (Bad).. cause it was a few ticks below 'Okay'. The easiest thing for me to do is cut and paste my review from AliasUndercover
As Alias episodes go, this was like a 5/10. It wasn't all bad, but I was disappointed by a lot.
1) I'm not loving the re-use of old storylines (young chick being recruited and lied to), or the fact that they're using her as a semi-replacement during Jen's pregnancy. I can only hope that they throw a twist in somewhere, and this being Alias, I have hope ;)
2) The new guy doesn't bother me so much. Is it me or does 'being a loner agent' not seem like as big of a deal as they set it up to be?? What I don't like is that it looks like they're trying to set up a relationship between the newbies. Her saying that he's not her type. Him running in to save her. If they even try to replicate Syd/Vaughn I'll just vomit :sick:
3) Just a veeeery slow episode. No fights/action to really speak of. Normally there's some extra drama if the action is weak, but the newbs aren't impressing me in the acting department either (especially the girl).
4) Excuse me? Conditional release of Sloane you say? How f-ing retarded is that? They expect us to believe that anyone in the CIA that had previously worked under him would allow (even encourage) such a thing?.. and that Dixon would hand over the money and send him on his merry way? :rolleyes:
5) Not that Jen's not allowed to do such a thing, but I think bringing up the Red Sox was a bit... uh, I don't even have a word for it. But it's like, yeah, I know you're married to Ben and he's a Red Sox fan. Just seemed like a dumb move when you've already got soooo many fans blaming your husband for the demise of Vaughn; to give him a little wink in the episode. (and yes, I realize she may not have written it, but she dooooes have some say) You all know I loooove Jen, but that just made me cringe :uh:
6) Was it me, or was it like, 'Okay.. let's have Syd say Vaughn's name as much as possible." The picture on the desk, the magazine and phone call, showing the newb his picture. It was like, 'see, he's still part of the show!' but it was overkill to me.

Okay, the one good thing that comes to mind though, is that we finally got those little moments of mourning from Syd. I liked the magazine subscription thing. It had the memorable strength that I was waiting for (similar to her recording on the answering machine after Danny died). I also liked that she couldn't leave the magazine in the trash. Some part of her had to keep it.

Okay, I taped it, and I might like it better the second time around. But this episode left me feeling like I just ate a nuked burrito: unsatisfied, very blah, and.. gassy? :thinking: :lol:

Well, i have to say as distraught as i am about the loss of one of my favorite agents (...hmmm 2 for that matter MV and EW) i am impressed by the way that the new chick was brought in... very cool that syd has someone to identify with. Also, the thing with Sloane... kinda saw that 'attempt to kill' thing comming - so many people want him dead, its hard to keep track... for the record... i still don't trust arvin sloane.
~mountaineer~
- - oh also - was the thing with putting the magazine away supposed to be symbolic - she didn't throw it away, merely put it away for safekeeping....hmmmm...

- i agree with the whole strong remenders of danny thing with the answering machine... kinda creepy actually, but yeah, i didn't conciously catch that...

I loved this episode! I love rachael and thomas. thomas SO likes rachael!! it's great. I'm really excited to see what happens next week though! The preview for next week is REALLY good! :smiley:

...so are they the new 'syd and vaughn?.... rekindling an old plot....

Huh...

After reading everyone's replies and thoughts so far... I have decided to share mine. I am not sure why, but for some reason I think that Alias is actually heading in a really great direction. I have really enjoyed the first three episodes so far because they have returned to more of the drama of the show that made the first two seasons so great. Ya, there hasn't been tons and tons of action scenes yet, but they are doing a damn fine job considering that the main star of the show is preggers. I was actually dreading to see what was going to happen with Syd being unable to be out in the field.. but so far so good. The new plotlines seem very interesting, as well as the new characters. Yes, it is sad that MV has died, but we all knew it was coming sooner or later (and so far I haven't really missed him all that much). I am sure he will be back in some sort of flashback episode that will explain more about what he was doing (or something of the sort).

Another thing that has made me happy about this season is the return to a more continuing storyline. I really didn't like the self-contained episodes last year, although some were good, they just did not really get me to want to watch the next one. I just feel that Alias is not becoming a more mature show and there is still very good things to come from it!

wow nobody has much to say only 4 pages!
omg i was crying my eyes out when she cancelled the magazine
i mean i don't mind that they are doing the syd story again
but they need to add their own twist so it's a little different you know
like same back story but something different
it's not that i don't like the new characters i just miss VAUGHN
i swear if they are trying to do an S/V with the two new characters i will hurt them
nobody can beat S/V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alias is just getting kind of blah, i am usually so excited for alias
even more than i am for Lost and Desperate Housewives
that's how much i love alias.
and yesterday i actually forwarded because i was BORED
i neve do that and i'm just that giddy before i watch it
I MISS VAUGHN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recaplet of "The Shed" from TWOP:

Erin: F
202 users: C+

It's official... Erin is OFF HER ROCKER. She's just as bad as the vartan hos about this thing. And C+? This, I'm sure, does not represent the vast majority of Alias viewers. Alias should be off of TWOP very soon... It's a shame Erin couldn't put aside her biases and just WATCH the show!! She'd really like it!

Back