Riddle me this?

Have you ever seen the simpsons.. dr.Nick? lol Hi everybody! Hi doctor nick well I'm stealing it!

Hi everybody..Hi Agent_Goodnight! lol

nevermind..! :eek:fftopic:

anyways.. I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this riddle?

there are only three words in the english language that end in gry two are hungry and angry. What is the last one?

l8a!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>A</span><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>G</span>

acutally there is a vital piece of info missing from that riddle.. i foudna website that might help.. i'm not sure i hvaen't figured it out myself yet!

http://phrases.shu.ac.uk/meanings/167225.html @ 3:51pm on jan 13th 2003

"Much effort has gone into finding the word and various pseudo-medical or otherwise obscure words that purport to fit the bill have been put forward. The confusion comes from the fact that the version of the riddle in circulation isn't the original and misses a vital part of the wording. In its original form the riddle went like this:

"Think of words that end in GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

You will have realised by now that it's all a linguistic trick and the the third word in 'the English language' is of course 'language'. "

i hope that helped some what to your dilemma!

This sounds bad, but all I can think of is suicide. Cuz if you commit it, they can't convict you cuz your dead. But I didn't know that you could be "convicted" of attemping it. Hmmm...it might be something else.

syd4747 said:
This sounds bad, but all I can think of is suicide. Cuz if you commit it, they can't convict you cuz your dead. But I didn't know that you could be "convicted" of attemping it. Hmmm...it might be something else.
You're right! :D

Agent_Goodnight said:
anyways.. I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this riddle?

there are only three words in the english language that end in gry two are hungry and angry. What is the last one?

l8a!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>A</span><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>G</span>
The three words that end in gry are angry hungry and aggry which means: Applied to a kind of variegated glass beads of ancient manufacture; as, aggry beads are found in Ashantee and Fantee in Africa. :redhair:

Okay here's three riddles: What is the only number in the english language that is in alphabetical order?
What is the only food that never gets old?
What was so weird about the guy who did the voice of Bugs Bunny? :redhair:

I have NO idea if this is a RIDDLE but when my friend told it too me I though it was pretty neat.

One day A father and a son are driving in their car. Well they get in a wreck And the father dies. Well the kid is rushed to the hospital and when the Doctor walks in to opperate they say they "cant work on the patient because he is my son" How is that possible. ?

Back