Sark's Assassins

I wasn't sure, so I decided to be safe and put the tags.^_^

I know. I saw the promo and started screaming. My parents could not understand exactly why I was so excited.

Poor Sark. 🇳🇴 I'm surprised there hasn't been more outrage over the way he was portrayed in that atrocious, anti-canonical episode. :(

i don't know les, i loved that he was portrayed as this evil man, and no one really cared. i mean, i was just like "pssh whatever. he's not that evil, and he's still really hot" haha.

m-c

Yeah except what is with him constantly losing the upper hand? I'm sorry, but both he and the CIA pussied out when they made that agreement with each other. And then at the end with the bomb.. that was disastrous. Especially the part where Sark didn't forsee that guy's betrayal. I mean, come ON. SO predictable, and yet the bloody genius Mr. Sark is suddenly an idiot. Couldn't have been less in character for him.

Except for the beginning, which was awesome in that he was very much still Mr. Sark, and yet he was slightly changed. One could tell he had matured a bit -- I loved his explanation about why he freelances instead of works for someone else now... It was so perfect. It was a Sarkney fanfic come to life, with Sydney replaced by Rachel, sadly. :(

But then they just went back to S3 stupidity and everyone around him constantly beating him at his own game, which was the dumbest thing. :P <_< I mean, honestly? Why fear Sark if he can be killed in two seconds simply by being lied to and manipulated? :rolleyes:

yeah, i suppose with the betrayal thing that was bad. but i understood the deal with the cia (from his side anyway). no loyalties right? does what's best for him and only him?
and i loved the interaction with rachel. i'm more a rachel/sark fan than syd/sark at the moment...simply because i hate sydney. but really, it was a lot like sarkney from the old days. they both want it, he's got a soft spot for her, they bicker. "and afterward, you were the one who wanted to cuddle!" i mean, you had to have enjoyed that part at least?

m-c

^ Yeah, I did. And I said so in my post. ;) But not the fact that it was Rachel. See, I haven't been tainted by S5 Sydney, so I still see potential for her and Sark -- she seems less of an "old woman/mom" and still like her old self to me. At least as far as S4 Sydney was "her old self," which wasn't so much. But I have come to loathe Rachel, not just for her Sarkney-like experience with Sark, but for the fact that she is yet another recycled character, c/o JJ. Basically, it's Sydney, pre-S1. And not just that, but she has been thrust into a super-sekrit "APO" branch of the CIA even though she is far from field ready. It's disgusting and stupid, and completely not worth the effort.

*sigh* Alas. -_-

i suppose i can understand that. but watching season five and therefore missing the real syd, i like rachel. and again, missing the real syd, i'll take rachel as a subsitute, maybe even for sarkney.

m-c

No worries! Check out Liyan's mix of all the Sark scenes at her LJ - bluebear_47

ETA (1/21): There needs to be new Sark fic. Just sayin.' Maybe some Sarkney. :Ponder:

Just came in to randomly note that ever since Joanna made that Krawling video, every time I hear it all I can think of is Sark. :blush: It's just such a definitive HIM song. IMO. ^_^

Back