Say Goodbye

hotpot

The Bubbly
Title: Say Goodbye
Author: hotpot
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or anything with the song. Say Goodbye is by Dave Matthews Band.
Continuation: 1/1
Timeline: Sometime when Sark was working for SD-6 in Season Two

a/n: I haven't ever actually heard this song, but I was looking for lyrics to use before one of the chapters in my other fic and came across this. I wanted to quote the whole song! So I gave a song fic a try - it's my first, so let me know what you think!! ^_^

Say Goodbye

So here we are tonight
You and me together
The storm outside, the fire is bright

Sark looked at her in disbelief upon opening the door to see here standing in the pouring rain. Sydney had told him she would never see him again; it wasn’t right for her to be seen with him. Yet, her she was before him soaking wet head to toe.

And in your eyes I see
What's on my mind

Denying his immediate reaction to embrace her, he questioned why she was there. Was it Michael Vaughn that had sent her running back to him again? The look on her face made it evident she needed an escape only he could give her. Sark thought about the last time they were together like this, she gave no warning that it would be the last time until she grabbed her clothes off the floor and told there would be no next time.

You've got me wild
Turned around inside
And then desire, see, is creeping

Sydney came to him bring a hand to his face softly caressing it. “I cannot stop thinking about you.”

He wanted to push her away, but her touch held him in place. Bringing his blue eyes down to meet hers, he tried to will himself into not giving in but there was no use. He had wondered if she truly would be able to stay away from him.

Up heavy inside here
And know you feel the same way
I do now
Now let's make this an evening
Lovers for a night, lovers for tonight

Wasting no more time, he roughly brought his lips to her as she thread her hands back through his hair. The taste of her kiss was exactly the way he remembered it – torturous and sweet. He felt the dampness from her wet clothes begin to spread to his own as their bodies pressed together in front of the fire. Warmth from the fire radiated against them while the chill from the damp layers between them enveloped their bodies

Stay here with me, love, tonight
Just for an evening
When we make
Our passion pictures
You and me twist up

Sark’s wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her back to his bedroom. It was a trip they had taken many times before, the path well known but not recently trodden. Sydney’s breathing was heavy against him as he broke from the kiss to look into her eyes. “Just one more time, love?”

She slowly looked up from his hands beginning to unbutton the wet shirt clinging to her. “Just one more time,” she repeated.

As the words past her lips, Sark brought his to hers silencing anything that might have further followed. No promises or excuses would take away from this one last time together.

Secret creatures
And we'll stay here
Tomorrow go back to being friends
Go back to being friends
But tonight let's be lovers

Despite his immediate desire not to rush, the pleasure of Sydney’s return pushed him to tear off her shirt before he ran his hands over her damp skin. Now being allowed one last chance to remember every curve of her flesh, he realized it had been too long since the last time.

It was a similar situation that had first brought her to his door three months earlier. Her double agent life and unrequited affections for another man had been too much for strong Sydney Bristow to manage. Sark had been waiting for her knowing all too well that moment would someday come.

We kiss and sweat
We'll turn this better thing
To the best
Of all we can offer, Just a rogue kiss

Their love affair was something even he hadn’t expected. There was such an undeniable passion between them that Sark questioned how she would ever willing leave him at the end. When she left him the last time, she had told him there was no way they could continue the affair. The last words she uttered had stung him like nothing else. Sydney claimed it was wrong and he made her feel ashamed, but Sark knew it was the opposite. Sydney wanted out because it was so right it scared her than anything dark could lead to her true happiness.

Sydney roughly pulled his shirt from off his lean shoulders and began to bite on his neck. As he growled softly, he moved his hands down past the hem on her soaking wet skirt. Pushing the skirt up, he ran a hand up her thigh while moving his lips back to hers. Sark swung his hand to the inside of her thigh and lightly moved his hand between her legs.

Tangled tongues and lips,
See me this way
I'm turning and turning for you
Girl just tonight

It was the game he played with her that made Sydney come to him in the beginning. Sydney always liked a challenge and he proved himself to be a worthy opponent. Once he had sucked her in, he tried to pretend to let some of his mystery go. It was how he wanted her to see him along. Misunderstood even if it weren’t necessarily the truth. For Sydney, he would pretend if it meant she would continue to come to him seeking solace. It had backfired in the end.

Float away here with me
An evening just wait and see
But tomorrow go back to your man
I'm back to my world

He knew she had found her idea of the right man. The one who was safe and fit into her desire of an idealistic life. Yet, despite the fact that Michael Vaughn was with another, he continued to play Sydney’s affections. Sark knew Michael Vaughn would never be man enough to hold Sydney’s interest for long, but Sydney’s attempts at pursuing him gave her something Sark knew she enjoyed – the thrill of the chase. Sark knew all too well Sydney’s game that she played with the men in her life – she had chased him as well, but he too quickly conceded. He had allowed her to lose interest. It was then he realized she was the only woman in the world who could caused him to be unrecognizable to himself. It was the mystery that Sydney craved and he had revealed too much.

And we're back to being friends
Wait and see me,
Tonight let's do this thing
All we are is wasting hours until the sun comes up it's all ours
On our way here
Tomorrow go back to being friends

Her skirt joined her shirt on the floor as Sark pushed her onto the bed. To hell with being the man she wanted him to be, he wouldn’t try to change for her. Sydney could go back to Vaughn in the morning. All that mattered now was she had returned to him despite everything she had said. It meant she was interested in chasing him again, but he after tonight she would be pursuing with nothing to get back. Sydney’s games could be played with Vaughn, but never again with him.

Go back to being friends
Tonight let's be lovers, say you will
And hear me call, soft-spoken whispering love
A thing or two I have to say here

Sark undid the belt from his pants while he looked down at her on the bed. She trembled against the black satin comforter now only in her white panties and bra. Always presenting a contrast to his darkness, Sark marveled over her stubborn refusal to allow herself happiness. There was no sense in fighting her any longer. He would make it so it did not matter to him anymore even if that meant he had to leave this place forever.

“What made you come back Sydney?”

Sydney stared coldly up at him as she suddenly scooted forward moving her knees over to the edge of the bed. “I thought you’d be happy to see me.”

Sark smirked at her statement. “Don’t pretend to be thinking of my happiness Sydney and I won’t pretend to be thinking of yours.”

Tonight let's go all the way then
Love I'll see you,
Just for this evening

Sark pulled her from the bed up to him. Bringing his lips to hers, he roughly raked his hands over her body as she melted into him. Holding her hip, he pressed himself against her making her feel his growing arousal. He moved his other hand up behind her back to the clasp on her bra. Flicking it off it one quick motion, he brought his hand around and underneath to grasp her breasts. Sydney moaned as he lightly brushed against her nipples. She let her head fall back as she pressed her hips into him harder rotating slowly against him.

Let's strip down, trip out at this
One evening starts with a kiss
Run away

He kissed her collarbone brushing aside the brown hair that fell across clinging to his lips. His hand reached up to her shoulder pulling the strap of her bra down, quickly he moved the one hand to her hip as he brought the other back up to completely take off her bra. He wouldn’t lie about how much he had missed this, but he would never tell her as much.

Gently, he moved her towards the bed until she was forced to lay back. He spread his palm out running it over her torso and down over her sensitive parts before bringing it up to take off his pants and shorts. Despite the dampness of her skin, he could still smell the scent of her perfume that she rarely wore. Most likely not worn for him, but he pushed it from his mind. It was becoming clear to him why she was here tonight.

Moving down to be on top, Sark moved his hips against hers pressing himself roughly against her. Just how he always liked, she began to rake her nails over his back. He moved himself down to briefly bite at her nipples and tease them with his tongue. As she arched her back, he reached down moving her panties to the side as he guided himself inside of her.

Sydney gasped in surprise at the feeling of Sark suddenly filling her. Moving her hips up to meet his, she slowly drew them back as Sark exhaled quickly. He thought of how this was the way things had always been in the past. She would tease him to the point of near insanity getting off over the control she had over him. Not this time, love, Sark thought.

Supporting himself on one propped up arm, he brought the other to hold Sydney’s hips in place. She had given up control over the situation by coming to see him tonight. He would be damned if he allowed her to continue to lord it over him. Moving furiously against her, Sark felt the sensation from her rising inside of him. He closed his eyes hearing only Sydney’s loud moans coming from beneath him before his release flowed through him. Shuddering lightly, he felt Sydney grip him tighter wanting Sark to grant her own pleasure.

Sark took a deep breath as he collapsed on top of Sydney. He felt her suddenly unmoving beneath him followed by her once deep breaths cease. He had never been a selfish lover and his actions felt so wrong, but he wasn’t going to give her anything to come back to. He wouldn’t stand for it any longer.

And tomorrow
back to being friends

He pulled himself from her avoiding looking at her face. Starting to head towards the bathroom, he heard Sydney snort lightly.

He turned lightly to smirk at her. “Problem, love?”

“What the f*** was that?”

“Didn’t get what you came for?” Sark felt the coolness in the gaze she cast at him. Something inside of him stirred at the sight of her before him, he knew what it could be – remorse at hurting someone who he cared deeply for, but he was done with Sydney Bristow and the bulls*** she put him through.

Lovers...love...lovers
Just for tonight, one night...love you

Sydney moved out of the bed reaching for her wet skirt and shirt. Hurriedly she pulled the skirt up and pulled on the shirt before looking back towards Sark. “f*** you Sark,” she spat.

And tomorrow say goodbye

“Goodbye Sydney, shut the door on your way out,” his voice dripping with disdain before he turned and walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind him. A few moments later, he heard the front door slam shut.

*The End*

I love that song so much! I'm a huge DMB fan so I was so excited even before I read your fic.

:thud: This was so incredibly hot :thud: :stretcher: <--- This is me!!

Sark took a deep breath as he collapsed on top of Sydney. He felt her suddenly unmoving beneath him followed by her deep breaths cease. He had never been a selfish lover and his actions felt so wrong, but he wasn’t going to give her anything to come back to. He wouldn’t stand for it any longer.

Oh man! Sark must really be anry/hurt by her...He cares, and that makes him mad...thats our Sark!

“Didn’t get what you came for?” Sark felt the coolness in the gaze she cast at him. Something inside of him stirred at the sight of her before him, he knew what it could be – remorse at hurting someone who he cared deeply for, but he was done with Sydney Bristow and the bulls*** she put him through.

Hmmm...actually, she didn't ;)...bad Sark! J/k...I actually loved this I have a secret love of fluffy and happy endings, but it is the angsty ones that get to me the most. I can defintely see Sark tired of her games and throwing her out like that. Beware of an anry Sark!!

Fantastic job!!! (y) (y)

Lovely. Great, realistic angst to a fab song; if you haven’t actually heard it sung before, I highly reccommned it.

Warmth from the fire radiated against them while the chill from the damp layers between them enveloped their bodies.

Great description. The contrast of hot and cold is very sexy and erotic. I literally *sighed* when I read this line. :blush:

He knew she had found her idea of the right man. The one who was safe and fit into her desire of an idealistic life. Yet, despite the fact that Michael Vaughn was with another, he continued to play Sydney’s affections. Sark knew Michael Vaughn would never be man enough to hold Sydney’s interest for long, but Sydney’s attempts at pursuing him gave her something Sark knew she enjoyed – the thrill of the chase.

Amen, sista, to the Vaughn will never be good enough part. I loved how you went into the whole psychology of Vaughn and Sydney's "relationship"-it made her interactions with Sark seem even more angsty and hopless. (y) (y)

Sark smirked at her statement. “Don’t pretend to be thinking of my happiness Sydney and I won’t pretend to be thinking of yours.”

Ha. Such a Sark thing to say; great dialogue. ^_^

All in all... :love: Hot. Very.

This was hot, Suzi. (y) (y)

He turned lightly to smirk at her. “Problem, love?”

“What the f*** was that?”

Lovers...love...lovers
Just for tonight, one night...love you

Sydney moved out of the bed reaching for her wet skirt and shirt. Hurriedly she pulled the skirt up and pulled on the shirt before looking back towards Sark. “f*** you Sark,” she spat.
Oooh... way to stick it to her, Sark!!

That was hot..Sark must of been really hurt by her,poor Sark.It was well written and I havn't heard the song,but I loved the lyrics.If you do more or something else please pm me.

~Rach~

i forgot you posted this suzi!!! love it!!! totally HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:

That was HOT...and for a change Sark lets all of his emotions hang out there - not letting Sydney Bristow use him. *grin* though I think he'd be the first to turn the tables...nah. :smiley:

Back