SD-1.Net Refugees #02

Status
Not open for further replies.
5x5 said:
:hmm: Hey, all you stealers of sunshine!  Bring it back!  Tired is hard enough; tired and rained upon is just cruel. :(
We had sun here for awhile, but when I came out of class it was gone. Somebody stole it :angry: (I really love that guy, we need to have him added to our smilie list at SD-1). Now it's really windy here. I hope it doesn't rain, I don't want to be wet.

LisE said:
For 5x5:  :sun:

That's the best I can do.  :hug:  ;)  Honestly, we haven't seen the sun for weeks here so I may be a little reluctant to give it up, but  we can all share.  :lol:
[post="1053574"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: Okay! I'll take it. :hug: "Sharing" is pretty high up on the list of important discussions we have around here. :whistle:

I also :baa: nsspense about the smilies.

:eek:ldhi: Song! :hug:

mellybelly said:
I cannot believe I'm gonna show this to you, cuz I think it's really awful, but I need help. It needs to be longer. I have enough paragraphs, but the paragraphs need to have more to them. Please be critical. I'd rather have you guys think I'm an awful writer (which I am) than have my class think so. At least I know you guys love me and won't think any less of me for it.

I believe that it would be beneficial to have a bookstore on the Stevens Point campus. Universities have them, so does the MSTC campus in Wisconsin Rapids. I personally have found that when I go to the main office there can be a long line. Having a bookstore would free up the staff at the front desk to help students and visitors in other matters. The bookstore could sell other school supplies used by students.  It would also provide a work study opportunity for students.

Picking out their own school books is something most students would enjoy. It is always nice to be able to look through an item before purchasing it. This would also give students a chance to look through used books and find one that is the best condition, or the one with the most highlighting if that’s what he prefers.

School supplies being available for sale on campus would be helpful to students. Things such as notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, highlighters, calculators and note cards could be sold. Having these things available right on campus would be accommodating to students who may forget something at home. It could also be useful and simply save them an extra trip to the store to pick up a highlighter when the one they are using dries out. This would be a wonderful place to sell MSTC merchandise. 

A bookstore could easily be added where the small sitting area is in the new addition. It would take approximately $20,000 to have it built. I feel that cost would be well worth it. To help aid in cost the job could be offered to the local high school shop classes.  That would save a lot of money in labor costs. 

Having a bookstore on campus would also provide new jobs for students. There are not many opportunities for work study on this campus. Many students are given work study as an option of financial aid, yet are unable to find a way to take advantage of the possibility. It would not be difficult to find students who would be interested in working in the bookstore a few hours a week to help pay for their schooling.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please seriously consider this and all the ways it would improve this campus as a whole.

Go ahead and have fun with it. I'm gonna take a shower and then I'll  have about 20 minutes to do my final fixes to it, before I have to go to class and read it.

*sigh*
[post="1053573"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Mel, how much longer will you be here? I have a lil 5x5 to calm down and read stories to--almost naptime and she is completely nuts.

BTW, you are not an awful writer at all. I think you might need to make this a little less conversational, since it's a proposal, but the idea is a good one.

ETA: Sorry about the double post!

I agree with 5x5, mel. your content seems fine, and the tone is conversational. The first paragraph as an introduction could use a little better flow. this is where 5x5 knows way more than me so listen to her! :smiley:

5x5 said:
Mel, how much longer will you be here?  I have a lil 5x5 to calm down and read stories to--almost naptime and she is completely nuts.

BTW, you are not an awful writer at all.  I think you might need to make this a little less conversational, since it's a proposal, but the idea is a good one.

ETA: Sorry about the double post!
[post="1053584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm taking a shower, and I'll be back in 30 minutes to fix it. This isn't when it's due. I have to hand it in next week. This is just us reading a draft, but I want to make it as wonderful as possible. So if you don't have time to help today, you can still help me before I hand in my final version.

It's supposed to be in memo format, I just left out that part of it, as to not show the entire internet the name of my dean and my full name.

I'll be back after I'm all showered and ready.

And now I must go... good luck with your article, Mandy. :hug: And that's great news about teaching observation next week, nsspense. :woot: Melly, don't worry, everything will be fine. byebye.

:sadangel:

:eek:ldhi:

I'm back.

I was worried there for a second, the board wouldn't let me on.

I have 15 minutes now before I have to leave.

Plus I'm gonna have to move my paper to my parents computer cuz I let them hook my printer up to it. Which means I can't print from mine. Hopefully it won't give me problems when I do that. I don't even know what word program they have. I should save it in word pad, that will have to work...

Don't mind me, I'm nervous about having to read this to my class, even though it just has to be a draft. Plus my class is really nice. I just get nervous easily.

Mel! I don't know if you've already submitted your paper, but I did notice one little thing. In the second paragraph you talk about 'students' and then at the end of the sentence you refer to 'he prefers'. The 'students' and 'he' don't match, so you could change the 'students' to 'student' or 'he prefers' to 'they prefer'.

That's all I got kiddo! Have fun with it... :D

Jo

ETA: Wellllll......I just read your other post and see that you DIDN'T submit the paper. Der...

:banghead:

jo12 said:
Mel! I don't know if you've already submitted your paper, but I did notice one little thing. In the second paragraph you talk about 'students' and then at the end of the sentence you refer to 'he prefers'. The 'students' and 'he' don't match, so you could change the 'students' to 'student' or 'he prefers' to 'they prefer'.

That's all I got kiddo! Have fun with it... :D

Jo
[post="1053637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thank you for pointing that out. I actual had thought it sounded weird. Now I know why. :hug:

Shucks! I missed Song... :( ... Well, I'll leave these for her if she stops back in... :hug:
love49.gif
love38.gif
and a whole lot of love.

:eek:ldhi: Seeker! How are you?

:eek:ldhi: 5x5! :throb: And some sunshine for you...
character49.gif
love38.gif
(PM your way in a second, providing...)

ETA: :eek:ldhi: Jo! :hug: How are you? I don't get to see you anymore!

:eek:ldhi: Sark! :hug: How's the printer doing?

:eek:ldhi: Guest and Anony-
animal23.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back