SD-1.Net Refugees - the old h<o>me gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
LisE said:
Let's see if I can explain this so it makes sense--it's really complicated.  We have to choose terms from each work we read.  So I did define allegory, but I had to define how Hawthorne used allegory in his short story "Rappaccini's Daughter."  Each term has to be defined in how it's used in the work we took it from.  If that makes any sense.
[post="1051365"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh. :Pinch: ya.... good luck? ;) Okay, um, I'm sure you can find foreshadowing, metaphores, different styles of narriation, theme, plot, symbols, personification in almost any books. ;) (Please tell me you at least didn't do one of those cause i can't think of all of the ones that we had on our list. There was 6 pages worth. ;) ) Um... Frame Narriative (from To Kill a Mockingbird, Ethan Frome (supposidely because we just stated reading that in class), Frankenstein) Motif (a reoccuring element in a novel), Ugh, i can't think of any off the top of my head. :thud:
--mandy :angelic:

ETA: What books are you doing? :blink:
ETA: Image and imagry

mystery_chick said:
Oh. :Pinch: ya.... good luck? ;) Okay, um, I'm sure you can find foreshadowing, metaphores, different styles of narriation, theme, plot, symbols, personification in almost any books. ;) (Please tell me you at least didn't do one of those cause i can't think of all of the ones that we had on our list. There was 6 pages worth. ;) ) Um... Frame Narriative (from To Kill a Mockingbird, Ethan Frome (supposidely because we just stated reading that in class), Frankenstein) Motif (a reoccuring element in a novel), Ugh, i can't think of any off the top of my head. :thud:

ETA: What books are you doing? :blink:
[post="1051366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Mandy, you just mentioned To Kill a Mockingbird, which is Sweetie's favorite book ever! If she stops by tonight, she's going to be so excited! What grade are you in? Do the grades in Canada pretty much correspond with the grades in the US?

tredder said:
Mandy, you just mentioned To Kill a Mockingbird, which is Sweetie's favorite book ever!  If she stops by tonight, she's going to be so excited!  What grade are you in?  Do the grades in Canada pretty much correspond with the grades in the US?
[post="1051369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
She is here! :lol: she's just ... :Ph34r: ;) Sadly, i didn't like To Kill a Mockingbird too much. I did that in grade 9 and it was a little... :blink: ;) I think the literature that we study here is pretty much the same if not very similar to the US. I can't remember all of the books but in grade 9, we did To Kill a mocking bird, A mid-summer Nights' Dream, Of Mice and Men and Animal farm. I dont' think we did anything else but grade 9 english is a little vague. Grade 10 we did a LOT. Twelfth night, Of Arms and Men, Farewell My lovely, A Tale of Two cities, The Mayor of Casterbridge (*shudder uncontrolably*) and Romeo and Juliet. This year, we did Macbeth, we're doing Ethan Frome, we're gonna do Catcher and the Rye, Othello, 1984, and other ones that i can't remember off the top of my head. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

tredder said:
Mandy, you just mentioned To Kill a Mockingbird, which is Sweetie's favorite book ever!  If she stops by tonight, she's going to be so excited!  What grade are you in?  Do the grades in Canada pretty much correspond with the grades in the US?
[post="1051369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

<---- Very excited! :w00t:

:lol:

:eek:ldhi:

What have I done today? *sigh*

Hung out around the polls. Outside. For 2.5 hours. In 40 degree weather and 10 mph winds. Smiling and saying, "Thank you for voting!". *sigh* I got mocked once. Some people showed no recognition. Most were nice overall. But I could feel my face, and was shivering constantly. Because I only had my sweatshirt...*sigh*

That was fun. :rolleyes:

I can't stay long tonight, y'all. I have 64 pages of "Walden" to read. Economy.

Allow me to go shoot myself now... :Pinch:

Actually - I have high hopes for this book. That it may give me new thinking material. But if the language is anything like "On the Duty of Civil Disobediance" was last night... I'm just gonna pray not to fall asleep. :blush:

And I'm dead serious about wanting to watch Lil 5x5 for free. Actually - I'd pay 5x5 $5.00 an hour to let me watch her. *nod* It'd be my pleasure to spend time with that angel. :inlove:

And DGSE? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Sweetie said:
:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Cheater!

:lol:

:eek:ldhi:
[post="1051381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
psh, not my fault that i have super powers. :P

Sweetie said:
I can't stay long tonight, y'all.  I have 64 pages of "Walden" to read.  Economy.

Allow me to go shoot myself now... :Pinch:

Actually - I have high hopes for this book.  That it may give me new thinking material. But if the language is anything like "On the Duty of Civil Disobediance" was last night... I'm just gonna pray not to fall asleep. :blush:

[post="1051379"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Good luck with that. Economy was definitely not my favorite part of Walden to read, but it's manageable. You'll do great.

Sweetie!!!! :hug: :love: Thank you for being willing to support the democratic process. I'm sorry you're not old enough to vote yet, because I can see that you take it seriously. I'm sorry you were mocked. Bad voter!! :hmm:

I believe LisE can tell you about Walden - wasn't she reading it this summer? I don't remember a lot on enthusiasm on her part, though.

What are you reading for your English class now? You're done with Steinbeck, aren't you?

DGSE-analyst said:
:lol: Is it for the babysitter? :hug: :love: :kissme: :2love:

And :eek:ldhi: BTW.. :P
[post="1051386"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

<_<

No. Don't even try it. No affection from me tonight. You just better go find that babysitter.

<_<

*pout*

LisE - Thanks. :hug: I do suppose I'll manage. *nod* If I can stay away from the election mess.

:Pinch:

Sweetie said:
But you know why you have powers!

Prime and mouse just have 'em!

:D
[post="1051383"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blink: what? :confused:

tredder said:
Sweetie!!!!  :hug: :love:  Thank you for being willing to support the democratic process.  I'm sorry you're not old enough to vote yet, because I can see that you take it seriously.  I'm sorry you were mocked.  Bad voter!!  :hmm:

I believe LisE can tell you about Walden - wasn't she reading it this summer?  I don't remember a lot on enthusiasm on her part, though.

What are you reading for your English class now?  You're done with Steinbeck, aren't you?
[post="1051392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blush:

I was asked if I voted...and I said no, I can't. Only 17. :( I really wanna vote. *sigh*

That mean person lowered my spirits for a second - but the smile never left my face. Mostly 'cause it was frozen on there....

We're reading "Walden". I just turned in "The Grapes of Wrath" today.

Sweetie said:
<_<

No.  Don't even try it.  No affection from me tonight.  You just better go find that babysitter.

<_<

*pout*

LisE - Thanks. :hug:  I do suppose I'll manage. *nod* If I can stay away from the election mess.

:Pinch:
[post="1051393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

(n) :depressed: :Please:

And i've told you about her a long time ago... :whistle:

mystery_chick said:
:blink: what? :confused:
[post="1051395"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: Never mind. Long story. :hug:

DGSE - :lol: Oh! Her! She's still around? Tell me - was the car offered again? And were you once again worn out from attempting to be carry on a conversation?

So she drove away on the scooter? 🛴

But still no kisses. *stubborn pout*

Watching BBC coverage of the election on the Internet, but gawd the results are coming in so slow people are running out of things to say. ;)

Voting is still going on in Florida and Ohio so who knows how long the counting's going to take? It is wonderful how so many people are willing to wait for hours and hours, though I have no idea why it takes so long.

"Walden" is the seminal work by Henry David Thoreau. (y)

I miss sd-1! Is it time yet for them to be back?

spymaster said:
Watching BBC coverage of the election on the Internet, but gawd the results are coming in so slow people are running out of things to say.  ;)

Voting is still going on in Florida and Ohio so who knows how long the counting's going to take?  It is wonderful how so many people are willing to wait for hours and hours, though I have no idea why it takes so long.

"Walden" is the seminal work by Henry David Thoreau.  (y)

I miss sd-1!  Is it time yet for them to be back?
[post="1051410"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Actually - I believe Florida and Ohio are closed now. Mostly closed. They're just counting - and those are critical states. I bet they count extra careful in Florida...

i'm kinda surprised how not-close the popular vote is...

course, california is yet to be counted...1/8th the voters...and it always goes democrat.

anyway...its making me very tense to keep watching this...

yeah, maybe blake is too busy waiting at the polls or something to finish with sd-1.net!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back