SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, this first aid section of the video will not stop, for one thing, and covers absolutely ridiculous things. "If your dog is around a pond that is iced over and..." or "If your dog comes inside from the cold and appears to have frostbite" :blink: :confused: 🔨 Or, "If you are hunting with your dog, or hiking in such an area, and..." Uhhhh? NO, I will NOT be hunting with some person's dog and I'm not going to let the dog wander around on an iced over body of water, people. Geez. This section was clearly just borrowed from a stand alone video or something.
:lol: When are you starting?

Christin - I found more DVDs I've not watched :doh: :lol:

I was saying to Christin earlier, that I've moved my DVDs around. I used to have - box set TV shows on my bookcase, box set films, single TV DVDs and fitness DVDs on the top of my bookcase, and films on some standing DVD racks - I have 3, and the first two are all "seen" films. The top of the third has the end of my "seen" ones (they're alphabetical). Then there's a single slot empty and the "unseen" films then start alphabetically. I decided tonight to clear the side of my desk, and stack all my "unseen" films there... I counted 36 (including The Truman Show which I've seen about 45 minutes of). Then I came to get comfy in bed to chat with you guys and remembered the DVDs I bought on Thursday I think - another 5! Add on the 2 films a work friend lent me, and I have 43 films to watch! :Passout:

It's so nice seeing everyone here together :lovely: :hug:. It's a regular party!

:lol: When are you starting?
I'm not really sure. They're opening officially tomorrow so it'll just depend on how many clients come in and when they need services. 🤷 I really am not totally sure what to expect for these first couple months. But that's alright for now.

So am I. :smiley: :console: for your last day of vacation. I hope work won't be too annoying and stressful tomorrow. :telepath:

Am in my bed now. :D

Thank you... I don't think it'll be too bad. Classes don't start until Wednesday, so I'll have a couple of days to ease into things.

:lovely:... and :comfy:

Thanks. It's lame, really. Repeat info, especially about security issues, and suggestions of things you can take with you. Like 15 things you can put in a bag and lug around with you everywher you go that cost money that the company doesn't pay for. : rolleyes: : lol: Oh well. There are a few good tips in there too I guess.
:lol: That doesn't sound like a lot of fun to watch.

Wednesday seems so far away. I said to Christin (when we found out about Wednesday, and before we came here), that what would I now read at work? :lol :. I now have codes to complete and submit the big backlog of timesheets I have for people, but I still need regular breaks to read SD-1! (to preserve sanity if nothing else).
That's how I usually am at work, too!

Okay, the tornado sirens just went off. Evidently, if I were watching TV I would know there are tornado warnings all over the Atlanta area! :Pinch: It's the eeriest sound!

That's the one thing I like about SD-1 being offline... everybody gets together again. Sort of like a funeral. :lol:
:rotfl:

Oh my gosh, this first aid section of the video will not stop, for one thing, and covers absolutely ridiculous things. "If your dog is around a pond that is iced over and..." or "If your dog comes inside from the cold and appears to have frostbite" :blink: :confused: 🔨 Or, "If you are hunting with your dog, or hiking in such an area, and..." Uhhhh? NO, I will NOT be hunting with some person's dog and I'm not going to let the dog wander around on an iced over body of water, people. Geez. This section was clearly just borrowed from a stand alone video or something.^_^
OR, some people really don't use their common sense with these things and actually have made those mistakes while petsitting :rolleyes:

So :fireman: and I were talking about doing the Pike's Peak marathon.. I mean we've already hiked the 26.2 miles before, so why not just do it a little quicker? :lol: Well I was just reading about it, and now I think it's insane that we did it the first time :lol: They actually said to take your normal marathon time, add 1/2 hour, and that's how long it will take you to ascend the mountain. Now double it and that's how long the marathon will take you. :o_O: But I think it only took us 11 hours :Ponder: Anyways, you have to have done a marathon before to qualify, so we can't do it this year :lol:

Okay, the tornado sirens just went off. Evidently, if I were watching TV I would know there are tornado warnings all over the Atlanta area! :Pinch: It's the eeriest sound!
Oooh, I remember that sound, it is very eerie. Be careful, Mellie!
I lived in GA for... 5 years? And we had a tornado during school once, in the middle of a spelling test. The sirens went off on the word "flight". :lol: And we were under tables in the hall the rest of the day!

:( Hope you don't get too badly hit! :hug: Good excuse to stay in bed and chat to us :nod:.

I'm trying to decide between editing the next chapter of TML and seeing the end of The Truman Show. It's been two weeks since I saw the start, but I remember it all. But I have an hour to go, which would put me at 00:30 (without any breaks to check here)... maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to finish it :nod:. Editing it is then!

:eek:ldhi: :group:

I'm just popping in for a minute to let you all know I arrived safe and sound, I have got to go get some food which unfortunately at the moment means a trip to Safeway since nothing on campus is open yet. :rolleyes:

I'll be back in a bit.

:hi:

So :fireman: and I were talking about doing the Pike's Peak marathon.. I mean we've already hiked the 26.2 miles before, so why not just do it a little quicker? :lol: Well I was just reading about it, and now I think it's insane that we did it the first time :lol: They actually said to take your normal marathon time, add 1/2 hour, and that's how long it will take you to ascend the mountain. Now double it and that's how long the marathon will take you. :o_O: But I think it only took us 11 hours :Ponder: Anyways, you have to have done a marathon before to qualify, so we can't do it this year :lol:
I lived in GA for... 5 years? And we had a tornado during school once, in the middle of a spelling test. The sirens went off on the word "flight". :lol: And we were under tables in the hall the rest of the day!

:rotfl: You crazy distance runners :P :smiley:hug:smiley:

Eeep, scary! And exciting too, I'd imagine, when you're both a kid and at school!

ETA - as we all seem to have different avatars over here, I'll change to the lovely Jayne and his hat :D

So : fireman: and I were talking about doing the Pike's Peak marathon.. I mean we've already hiked the 26.2 miles before, so why not just do it a little quicker? : lol: Well I was just reading about it, and now I think it's insane that we did it the first time : lol: They actually said to take your normal marathon time, add 1/2 hour, and that's how long it will take you to ascend the mountain. Now double it and that's how long the marathon will take you. :wacko : But I think it only took us 11 hours : ponder: Anyways, you have to have done a marathon before to qualify, so we can't do it this year :lol :

I lived in GA for... 5 years? And we had a tornado during school once, in the middle of a spelling test. The sirens went off on the word "flight". : lol: And we were under tables in the hall the rest of the day!
Wow, that sounds like a difficult marathon! :lol: The next thing you know, you two will be hunting out ultra-marathons! :lol:

:Pinch: I can just remember the drills from when I was in school! The eeriest is when it comes on in the middle of the night. You're so sleepy, but once you realize what it is you're immediately awake! There is evidently a tornado on the ground in the SouthWest portion of the metro area, as well as two others suspected: one due West of me and another NorthEast of me. We've got a whole line of strong storms coming through. :Pinch:

When I lived in Nashville, I was in the middle of the one that came through downtown, an F3, I think? It was soo scary, especially with all the hi-rise buildings downtown. :Pinch:
: ( Hope you don't get too badly hit! : hug: Good excuse to stay in bed and chat to us : nod:.

I'm trying to decide between editing the next chapter of TML and seeing the end of The Truman Show. It's been two weeks since I saw the start, but I remember it all. But I have an hour to go, which would put me at 00:30 (without any breaks to check here)... maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to finish it : nod:. Editing it is then!
Me too! :hug:

:eek:ldhi : :group :

I'm just popping in for a minute to let you all know I arrived safe and sound, I have got to go get some food which unfortunately at the moment means a trip to Safeway since nothing on campus is open yet. :rol leyes:

I'll be back in a bit.

:hi :
Glad you made it safely! :smooch:

OR, some people really don't use their common sense with these things and actually have made those mistakes while petsitting :rolleyes:

:lol: Oh I so hope not! :lol:

I miss tornado sirens. Something is wrong with me. :lol:

Christin - I found more DVDs I've not watched :doh: :lol:
:lol:

I'm not really sure. They're opening officially tomorrow so it'll just depend on how many clients come in and when they need services. 🤷 I really am not totally sure what to expect for these first couple months. But that's alright for now.
:telepath:

Thank you... I don't think it'll be too bad. Classes don't start until Wednesday, so I'll have a couple of days to ease into things.

:lovely:... and :comfy:
That's good to hear. And wow, students in Idaho really get a long vacation. :Passout:

And :warm:... :lovely:

I just saw some news footage about the snow masses in Colorado. :blink: I'm so glad talula and nsspense are okay. 😌

How did you live before Colorado? The place was made for you and :fireman:. :lol:

:baaa:

I love that you remember the word you were on... :lol:

A :hug: and :smooch: for Kelley when she comes back!

I miss tornado sirens. Something is wrong with me. :lol:
Oh, I forgot about you probably being used to hearing those sirens. :lol:

Wow, I wish you guys could hear this wind and rain! :blink:

eta: Thanks Christin, I'm definitely staying inside! (y)

That's good to hear. And wow, students in Idaho really get a long vacation. :Passout:
I think most of the universities that operate on a semester schedule have similar breaks. It's been an especially long vacation for the kids, though. I don't think they've ever had 3 weeks off at Christmas before.

Oh, I forgot about you probably being used to hearing those sirens. :lol:

Wow, I wish you guys could hear this wind and rain! :blink:
I know! It's been a while since I've been around for a siren situation.

:headhurts: :hides:

I'm very unmotivated and... unsatisfied. And I desperately want a cheeseburger.

I think most of the universities that operate on a semester schedule have similar breaks. It's been an especially long vacation for the kids, though. I don't think they've ever had 3 weeks off at Christmas before.
We always had a long break, too, usually about three weeks. When I was in law school, we had nearly a month . . . it was wonderful! :blush:

Yeah, that's really a long break. My semester will be over in 4 weeks though, so I don't really mind my short Christmas/New Year vacation. :lol:

Okay, I wanted to go to bed two hours ago. :Passout: I think I'll just do it now. :lol:

I'm so glad that I found you guys... :lovely: Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday evening. :group:

:hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back