SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! It's been a while since I've been around for a siren situation.

:headhurts: :hides:

I'm very unmotivated and... unsatisfied. And I desperately want a cheeseburger.
Well, that's probably a good thing. :lol:

I've been unmotivated today, too, what with all the rain. :rolleyes: A cheeseburger does sound good.

Okay, I wanted to go to bed two hours ago. :Passout: I think I'll just do it now. :lol:

I'm so glad that I found you guys... :lovely: Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday evening. :group:

:hi:
Night! 👋

We always had a long break, too, usually about three weeks. When I was in law school, we had nearly a month . . . it was wonderful! :blush:
The law school here starts back a little bit earlier... tomorrow.

I know... I'm so spoiled. I don't know how I'm ever going to get used to non-university employment again. :lol:

Sweet dreams, Christin! :hug: :smooch:

Mmm... a cheeseburger sounds soo good right about now. 🤤

I hope Sally's having a wonderful Christmas!

Huh. I can't edit. Oh, well.

:eek:ldhi: again, Kelley! I'm glad you got yourself something to eat!

Right, bedtime for me too! Work tomorrow (n). Old main supervisor in the depot left (they're not my supervisors, but the operatives'), and one from another depot is gonna come up instead. So might have to work tomorrow :P. Will have my lunch at least though, to come here.

Night! 👋

:bye christin and helen!

No cheeseburgers here and don't feel like going out, so it'll be tuna melt and broccoli with cheese - I need a cheese fix!!

I'm gonna watch some of The Wire until the football game is almost over, so I can see Tiki in case it's his last game! :cry:

The law school here starts back a little bit earlier... tomorrow.

I know... I'm so spoiled. I don't know how I'm ever going to get used to non-university employment again. :lol :

Mmm... a cheeseburger sounds soo good right about now. : drool:
:lol:

Doesn't it sound good? There's a place here called The Vortex that has the absolute best burgers I've ever had! (y) That's what I would love right now! :lol:

Right, bedtime for me too! Work tomorrow (n). Old main supervisor in the depot left (they're not my supervisors, but the operatives'), and one from another depot is gonna come up instead. So might have to work tomorrow :P. Will have my lunch at least though, to come here.

Night! 👋
Boo for work! One of the attorneys from the main office of my firm is going to be here for three days this week. That should be interesting. :confused:

Night Helen!

Wowie, you guys wrote a lot. :blink: Maybe you guys could help me.

Okay, Do you know if hospitals still keep a records of newborn babies photos and health info in mid 70s? :thinking: I'm looking for a photo of myself when I was first born. My mom doesn't have a photo of me when I was first born. I thought she did. (I'm adopted and so are my brothers) I was going to try the hospital where I was born at.

:rotfl: You crazy distance runners : P :smiley:hu g:smiley:

Eeep, scary! And exciting too, I'd imagine, when you're both a kid and at school!
:lol: Well :fireman: hates running, but loves a challenge. I don't know which is crazier.

I was a pretty freaked out 10 year old, I don't really remember being excited till it was over :lol:

Wow, that sounds like a difficult marathon! :lol : The next thing you know, you two will be hunting out ultra-marathons! :l ol:

:Pin ch: I can just remember the drills from when I was in school! The eeriest is when it comes on in the middle of the night. You're so sleepy, but once you realize what it is you're immediately awake! There is evidently a tornado on the ground in the SouthWest portion of the metro area, as well as two others suspected: one due West of me and another NorthEast of me. We've got a whole line of strong storms coming through. :Pinc h:
Yeah, you gain nearly 8,000 feet, whereas most marathons gain between 1 and 300 feet I think :lol: I really don't see ultramarathons in my future. It's not a healthy sport in the slightest.. even marathons are debatable. You have to be very careful not to overdo it while training.

Yikes! January doesn't see many tornados though, right? :thinking:

I miss tornado sirens. Something is wrong with me. :lol :
:lol: Or, you're looking for a little excitement today and not getting it. Did you see how the Giants just lost? That was pretty unexciting, too. :rolleyes:

How did you live before Colorado? The place was made for you and :fireman :. :l ol:
You know, that's a great question! :lol: And that's exactly why :fireman: wanted to move here--he knew that's how it would be!

I'm gonna watch some of The Wire until the football game is almost over, so I can see Tiki in case it's his last game! :cr y:
Awwww, and it was!

Just in case any of you think we're totally snowed in here all the time, :fireman: just read me a statistic that Denver has 300 sunny days a year--more than San Diego or Miami!

:lol : Well : fireman: hates running, but loves a challenge. I don't know which is crazier.

I was a pretty freaked out 10 year old, I don't really remember being excited till it was over :lol :
Yeah, you gain nearly 8,000 feet, whereas most marathons gain between 1 and 300 feet I think : lol: I really don't see ultramarathons in my future. It's not a healthy sport in the slightest.. even marathons are debatable. You have to be very careful not to overdo it while training.

Yikes! January doesn't see many tornados though, right? :unsure :

I'd say so, especially at that age!

Wow! I think I'll stick to one not so difficult! :lol: Yeah, ultra-marathons are a whole other league of athletes, mentally especially. :blink:

Nope, we usually only have severe weather like this in the spring and sometimes in the summer. Thankfully, the worst of it has passed. There were a couple of touchdowns, but none close to my place. 😌

Kat, I have no idea about the hospital pictures. :thinking:

you know, it just struck me where you guys have been hanging out these past few days...the same place you did during the down time in 04. :duh:

I'll see if the hospital where I was born at has an email address. If not I'll mail them.

Great... I think I have a cavity the side of my molar. I can feel a very tiny hole and my nail will stick to it. :Pinch: And, I believe that's a sign. :thinking: I just hope my filling didn't fall out. If I did chipped a tooth I would be in a lot of pain, right? :thinking:

Awwww, and it was!

Just in case any of you think we're totally snowed in here all the time, :fireman: just read me a statistic that Denver has 300 sunny days a year--more than San Diego or Miami!
:cry: I hope he starts announcing soon. He'd be perfect and I would write him letters and tell him that he's the best announcer ever. :lol: Okay not really but... :(

You know, people in Oklahoma that I meet or haven't seen in a while always first say, "Oh, it must be so cold where you live." And I always forget that before I moved out here, I pretty much thought the same thing. But right now, even though we have tons of sunny days, I'm totally envying those 70 degree, unseasonably warm days the east coast had been having before today!

:eek:ldhi: everyone!

I haven't watched Family Guy in forever and there are two episodes on now. See y'all in a while.

You know, people in Oklahoma that I meet or haven't seen in a while always first say, "Oh, it must be so cold where you live." And I always forget that before I moved out here, I pretty much thought the same thing. But right now, even though we have tons of sunny days, I'm totally envying those 70 degree, unseasonably warm days the east coast had been having before today!

Hee! If you guys think that you get that whole "Oh, it must be soooooooo cold where you live" thing a lot, you should try telling people you're from Minnesota. :lol: Every time I've gone somewhere and said that people think I live in the North Pole or something. Too funny. It was 46 yesterday, I believe.

I'm off to a going away/birthday party for some (probably all) people at work. I hope everyone has a good Monday tomorrow. I'll try to stop buy in a few days. I'm starting training for two different parts of the store tomorrow. I have to be to work by 6 am every day this week. LisE shall be one tired worker. :asleep:

It has been nice the past few days, although it's been cloudy almost the entire week, but still warm. :lol:

Hee! If you guys think that you get that whole "Oh, it must be soooooooo cold where you live" thing a lot, you should try telling people you're from Minnesota. : lol: Every time I've gone somewhere and said that people think I live in the North Pole or something. Too funny. It was 46 yesterday, I believe.

I'm off to a going away/birthday party for some (probably all) people at work. I hope everyone has a good Monday tomorrow. I'll try to stop buy in a few days. I'm starting training for two different parts of the store tomorrow. I have to be to work by 6 am every day this week. LisE shall be one tired worker. :asleep:

Hope the training goes well LisE!

Right, I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow! :hi:

I agree, talula, I wouldn't mind a 70 degree day right now!
I bet you get that reaction, LisE! It's funny how places get reputations.

Good luck with the hospital, Kat. :hug:

:eek:ldhi: jsf! I'm sorry you didn't remember this place till now, that must have been scary! :hug: :lol:

I've been spending much of my evening looking at Bed and Breakfasts in the area.. :fireman: and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary very soon! :Passout:

I think we're going to watch some of Memoirs of a Geisha and then it will be early to bed since I have to adjust to 5:30 wake up time again :Pinch:

Good night! :hi:

Thanks Nss :hug:

I just hope they don't charge.

My birth mother told me that her stepmother threw every picture that she had of the family. I take she's not a very nice stepmother. I did found out I have an aunt, and two uncles. The aunt has a daughter that is my age.

:eek:ldhi: jsf! I'm sorry you didn't remember this place till now, that must have been scary! :hug: :lol:
oh, highly. :lol: i'm just glad that i got it figured out, otherwise the next few days would have been very...un...shoot! i can't find a good word to explain exactly what you guys mean to me. :Ponder: :doh: i mean, you guys mean alot to me and make me who i am and help me when i need it and i give help when someone else needs it...i mean...shoot! i don't have a word for that either! :headhurts: its just like explaining how much kemosabe means to me or how much my friend who said that quote in my sig... you know, on friday in english class first hour, we were discussing romanticism. the first question after the bell and the prayer was, "JSF, are you a romantic?" "well, i try not to be, but i know that its my inescapable fate." see, i don't know how i feel about anyone exactly or why at all...i just do. so in a way, it is a bit scary. i remember back to 04 when sd-1 was down and i didn't know where to find you guys, i checked sd-1 EVERY DAY to see if it was back up...kinda like the last day has been. :blush: why can't i be a realist, utopianist, idealist, transindentalist, or a nun? i wouldn't have these issues of missing people and letting emotions win...all the time. :lol: :blush: which sounds completely ridiculous, like the conversation with kemosabe on friday about how i don't want to pay taxes because i think the IRS will cheat me. :lol: anyway... :rolleyes:

eta- i'm off to bed. goodnight, Kat and :moose: s. :eek:ldwave: :yawn:

Hee! If you guys think that you get that whole "Oh, it must be soooooooo cold where you live" thing a lot, you should try telling people you're from Minnesota. :lol: Every time I've gone somewhere and said that people think I live in the North Pole or something. Too funny. It was 46 yesterday, I believe.
It's those horror stories of the 20-below days!! Wind chill is a terrifying thing. :lol:

Just a 🛴 post! Probably see y'all in the morning! Have a good one. :bye:

Oh, and gracie, what is "shriek"ish about Wednesday? :thinking: Do tell!

Our home is out until Wednesday. I miss it.

:eek:ldhi: How are you? How has your Sunday been?

Edited because I just realised Talula was 🛴 -ering through. And no merge posts... seriously? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back