SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
:console: I'm sorry you had a rough night. :hug: :smooch:

:console:

Sorry about the crappy night's sleep - I love storms and would enjoy hearing the rain and winds, but if it's waking you up, that's definitely not fun 🇳🇴. A pillow and a quiet work day for you :hug:.

:console: talula....72 MPH is a very scary number :blink:
:lovely: Thank you!! :smooch: :hug: We often have high winds at night but not like this. My building is just older and so exposed. It's just very loud. 🔨 It's not totally bad though because maddie :kitty: slept by me all night :cloud9: and I will have a quiet day, since my office building is quieter and protected on my side. Plus, there's like 5 people at work today. :blink: But there's no attendant in the parking garage so I should get out for free! :lol: :woot:

[/allaboutme]

So, what's new with everyone else?

sally, I'm so glad you had a :lovely: Christmas, full of lots of meat! :lol: After my Christmas meal, I've been craving red meat and I rarely crave it.

Seeing the Worldwide subforum here got me thinking, because I do remember posting in an Italian thread and if it wasn't SD-1, and the two sites do look alike...

I just checked. Yep, I posted here, this is where most of my 14 posts were! :lol:

Right, I had to decide to either eat quickly and then exercise and shower late (about 9-10pm), or exercise first and then eat (no, not exercising wasn't an option - I might not have felt like exercising but I need to push myself). Tae Bo, and then tuna mayo pasta salad I think (y)

I figure I don't just want to get fit enough to run 5K (Race For Life, raising money for Cancer Research). I want to be FIT. Maybe not Sydney Bristow level :lol: (sometimes she seemed a little too muscled once or twice), but her tone and fitness is impressive, so I feel a bit silly wanting to emulate a fictional character, but if that motivates me to do it and get fit, then no harm, no foul, right?

Right.

Tae Bo, here I come! :redhair:

:lol:..ahhhh red meat!!....since both :love: and I wanna lose weight for the wedding we decided to go for the meat and salad diet :P...very little carbs allowed ;)

I even brought some of the leftover meat with me..but we'll see how not easy it will be to eat :thinking:...grilled meat can be pretty tough overnight...

I think I will start prepping my lunch ( an early one is a good idea when it is not a veggie burger :lol:smiley:

:eek:ldhi:

Gracie sent me a PM over at SD-1 entitled "Are you okay?" so I thought I should probably stop by here and say hi. I'm still alive but I've been way stressed out lately. The short version is that at the last minute my parents decided not to pay for school, so I've been scrambling trying to figure out money, I'm not excited about school, and I hate my job. :lol: I'm at school now, and I must say, I miss going to a private school! I can't go into details now because I have to get to class, but I have a break later so I'll try and stop by again. I miss you all lots and lots!! :hug: :smooch:

ETA:..:rolleyes:..yeah!!...those plastic knives a re a joke to my meat :lol:

:console: lucky....well the bright side is...this school is cheaper so figuring out its expense won;t be as taxing :hug:

:eek:ldhi:

Gracie sent me a PM over at SD-1 entitled "Are you okay?" so I thought I should probably stop by here and say hi. I'm still alive but I've been way stressed out lately. The short version is that at the last minute my parents decided not to pay for school, so I've been scrambling trying to figure out money, I'm not excited about school, and I hate my job. :lol: I'm at school now, and I must say, I miss going to a private school! I can't go into details now because I have to get to class, but I have a break later so I'll try and stop by again. I miss you all lots and lots!! :hug: :smooch:

Missed you, Lucky - I hope you can sort the money situation soon (and as pain-free as possible) :hug:

:hi: Sally!

OK I did the Tae Bo - Billy Blanks' "Get Ripped" Tae Bo, and I used to do the basic routine. It's about 30 minutes, and certainly builds up a sweat! [phew]. I know the routine down pat, so at least I can move seamlessly between the moves, don't skip a beat. I was doing so well tonight, hardly stopping at all (usually only when I lost my balance - in which case it's easier to count out to the end of the 8 beats and then start the next 8), but then I did have to stop a bit on the roundhouse kicks and the side leg lifts (I'm not sure I've ever made it through those exercises without stopping - maybe I have on one side but not the other, etc). But I was impressed at how much I managed, considering my exercise has dropped and been sporadic, since about mid October (when I stopped running). I managed about as much tonight as I used to when I did Tae Bo regularly! :lol:

I swear, it's wearing heeled boots - I found although I couldn't run as far as I used to (the last two times I've run), I could still do a fast 0.5 mile, which is pretty damn good considering I stopped 2 months ago (and even then, was only doing 1 mile or 1.5 miles)! It's the heels - tips your body balance forward and instead of using your legs to move you with walking, heels mean you lean forward slightly, and "push off" each step. Tones the top thigh muscles (I've found anyway).

My arms felt the workout :Passout:. Arm drills, lifts... I'll be Sydney-esque - in the arm department anyway - in no time :P

Now, food, or shower? I am hungry... and someone's just finished in the bathroom so will wait to let it de-steam a bit. There, all decided :nod:

:hug: to anyone who comes in while I'm away :eek:ldhi:

:hug: :smooch: lucky, you are so Felicity!! :lol: I know it's not something to laugh about, so forgive me, but that's the first thing that popped into my JJ-brainwashed head. I hope that you can figure out how to quickly pay for your tuition. Maybe you could just take out a student loan for this semester, since I assume tuition is due soon! And not do an application for the next academic year, if you don't want to have to do the loan thing. Maybe a new, on-campus job is in order? :thinking: At Dean and Deluca? [/felicity] Lots of :telepath: for you!

ETA: Oh! I forgot that I saw this on the NYT article about the gas odors this morning. Obviously, it made me think of our 5x5!
In October 2005, an extraordinary sweet smell wafted from downtown Manhattan to the Upper East Side, Prospect Heights in Brooklyn and parts of Staten Island.

At that time, too, city authorities were rallied. The city’s Office of Emergency Management contacted the Police and Fire Departments, state emergency response agencies in New York and New Jersey, and the United States Coast Guard, which communicated with tugboats and container ships at sea to determine whether the odor was being detected there. The cause was not determined.

And :woot: about being Sydney-esque, helen!

I miss tornado sirens. Something is wrong with me. :lol:
That's what I was going to say! I haven't heard a tornado siren in so long. :( I want to go outside and watch, dangit!! :lol:

Many :telepath: for Lucky. I hope you get the money sorted out. :hug: :hug:

And some :telepath: for Song -- I hope your friend is okay! :hug:

:hi:

I just got a call from some lady from a cookware company that deals with some bridal sites...and apparently we won a 2day/three night hotel stay...a $500 gift certificate and 40% discount to their store....:Passout:

I have this feeling this is some sort of Hoax :yeahright:

Mmmm, pasta (spirali shape) with tuna mayo, sweetcorn and cherry tomatoes :smiley:

Right, will quickly go shower and then I can get comfy in bed and chat with you guys :hug: :w00t:

:eek:ldhi: 🛴

ETA - oh, have any of you heard of a singer called Amy Winehouse? Just wondering if her music's managed to cross the pond (or to Germany or Australia or New Zealand...)

That's what I was going to say! I haven't heard a tornado siren in so long. :( I want to go outside and watch, dangit!! :lol:
Finally someone understands me! :lol: Just teasin. But really. "Oh, the tornado sirens are going off. Let's go outside and see what's happening." :rolleyes: :lovely:

I just got a call from some lady from a cookware company that deals with some bridal sites...and apparently we won a 2day/three night hotel stay...a $500 gift certificate and 40% discount to their store....:Passout:

I have this feeling this is some sort of Hoax :yeahright:
Holy felgercarb. You need more information! Like, what do you have to DO to get these things. :Ponder: 🕵

I haven't heard of her, helen. 🤷

well..she said all I need to do was go to a bridal show they are sponsoring in Anaheim ( right next to school) and it is 90 minute presentation they are doing..only thing is...I am required to bring the fiance...but :love: is leaving for Chicago this wendsday....I thought this would mean I lose on the package..but she said "well we can hold it for you till we do another show in the LA area in a few months..and you can just stop by to pick it up..the gift is yours anyway"...*picture me freaking out*

I am still not sure this is for real though..I never win anything :lol:

heee!!..this is cute!
ATT00147.jpg

tags here don;t carry images!

Hmmm. Interesting. Can't hurt to try it out!

And I ask you, what kind of non-detective looking detective is that smiley? :lol:

ETA: :rotfl: Oh man. Poor Kermie has no idea he's a puppet. :rotfl:

Ah, I was just curious - I never really liked Amy Winehouse much, and she has a song out recently called "Rehab". I didn't particularly like it to start with, but it's a grower - you just have to listen a few times before you start to like it. If iTunes US has it, give it a try (y) (just remember it's a grower).

How's everyone today? Good Monday?

I did have a good Monday, Helen ^_^ Actually, scratch that. My Monday was not so good. But my Tuesday is turning our a lot better so far! How are you? :hug:

:hi: Sally! :smooch:

:hi: Talula! :smooch:

My Monday's not been bad, thanks Aimee :hug:. Chatted to a new friend (well fellow commuter, we've started chatting on the ride), and saw an old friend commuter on the return trip! Which reminds me, he suggested registering with the county council's agency staff... Could be good.

In between came some work, some stealthy work posting here, a visit up to the main office (and seeing my friends there and having a big laugh with the people I used to sit with)... not been a bad day, all told. Might work on getting music onto my mp3 player so I can use that on the commute :Ponder:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back