SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, you're still here! When I came to make the post, I was all alone, not even a :moose: around.

Funny dream, Christin - ever had an Alias one?
I posted somewhere else, but then came back here. :D

Nope, not that I remember. I've had a Buffy dream though. You?

I posted somewhere else, but then came back here. :D

Nope, not that I remember. I've had a Buffy dream though. You?

I've had 2 where Buffy featured, and one Alias one - it even had Nadia in.

Maybe I'll try thinking really hard about Alias before sleeping, see if I can have one!

New supervisor here turned up. Not mine, as my bosses are in the main office. This is the supervisor of the depot and the workers here. He's working from one of the other depots so I'm not sure if he's gonna work here full time or split his time between the two depots.

:lol: I can't say exactly the same about the ham salad baguette I had! It was fairly nice, but not filling enough to feed me for a week!
:lol: Well, I'm sure that my tummy will be rumbling again in the evening. Rice pudding makes you feel stuffed for a couple of hours, but it wears off quite suddenly. :lol:

It's fecking cold in the office here :cold:. I did have a little portable heater under the desk, which one of the supervisors lent me - but he took it back the other day (didn't say anything, I came into work and found it moved).

I's cold! (n)

It's fecking cold in the office here :cold:. I did have a little portable heater under the desk, which one of the supervisors lent me - but he took it back the other day (didn't say anything, I came into work and found it moved).

I's cold! (n)
That's not nice. 🇳🇴 :console: warming-:telepath:'s coming your way. :hug:

ThaS not nice. 🇳🇴 :console: warming-:telepath:'s coming your way. :hug:

One of my friend up in the main office was going to come and fetch me, take me up there for a chat (well we'd have lunch time). But she's blocked in in the car park. We're gonna do it tomorrow though :D

You all finished with your presentation?

Just a 🛴 post to wish everyone a wonderful day (and night!)! :group:

I'll have rice pudding for lunch. :yummy:
:lovely:...

Lots of presentation-finishing :telepath: for you! :hug: :smooch:

Song, I hope your co-worker feels better in the morning. She knows you're there if she needs you... :hug: She's very lucky to have such a good friend nearby.

Helen, I hope you're warming up! :hug: You need something warm to drink.

Leaving lots of love for my 5x5 :throb:... :smooch: :smooch:

:hi:

I keep finding new information and it's sometimes different from what I wrote down. I'm getting slightly confused. :confused:

Oh I hate it when that happens! :console:

Helen, I hope you're warming up! :hug: You need something warm to drink.

Sorry I disappeared guys - a work friend came down from the main office to collect me, and we ended up having a chat, I saw my line manager and another lady, and saw the Bridge and the Structures team - I used to sit amongst them and we always had a laugh. We did today, lots of smut and jokes and innuendo :D

I miss them. But the Structures team should be moving down here, albeit it a different room in the building. I might have the chance to move into their room, so I might take it, if offered. Apparently people think I'm leaving... :what:. Well I'd said I felt like I wanted to leave when I was having problems and being upset - but I only told friends. I have had a meeting with an agency, but that's about finding out what work is coming up, not actually leaving - I know that unless I'm told, my 6 month contract ends March 3rd, so I NEED to be making enquiries now, you can't just walk into a new job like *that* - there's application deadlines, interviews, waiting... I need to be investigating in case the contract doesn't get made permanent (either me wanting to stay or them wanting me longer).

:headhurts:

But I did get to have a laugh with the B&S guys (and girl) while I was up there, and they miss me too I think :D :lovely:

Back to work, I've got lots to do! :frantic:

:eek:ldhi:

Wednsday huh?? :ermm:..at least the new Boards sounds awesome :thinking:

I had the best Christmas...we went for a picnic day in a regional park that belongs to the county..basically it is a large area of hill and all sorts of greenery and a lake in the middle that is reserved as is :lovely:..it is beautiful!..and the best thing is!..we were smack in front of the lake and you could not see or hear any traffic :lovely:.....and we had a little miscommunication about the food and ended up with enough meat to feed a small army :lol:.....but it was a good time :nod:

lots of 🙏 and :telepath: for Song's work friend :thinking:..I would say check on her...I don't know if it is the paranoid in me but my first thought when you told her to take care of herself and she started sobbing is that she didn't plan to take care of herself ... I certainly hope I am totally off base here :thinking:

:lovely:...

Lots of presentation-finishing :telepath: for you! :hug: :smooch:
I know. I was thinking about you... A :smooch: for your day.

Thank you. :hug: :smooch: I'll just try to keep feeling and acting all :frantic: at bay. :lol:

:eek:ldhi: again, Helen! :smooch: Glad you're having a good day at work (at least chatting-wise :lol:smiley:.

ETA: :hi: sally, SpyGirl and :meese:! :group:

:eek:ldhi: sally, Helen, and other :moose:! :group: Happy Monday!

I'm just dropping by while having breakfast, and then it's off to work for me. :o_O:

Christin, as someone who has edited a ton of books on the research process, I recommend checking out where the information comes from--does the author have a bias? How fairly does the author treat opposing views? Are statistics accurate? Any logical fallacies in the author's claims? If you're checking out Web sites, try to find who the author is and whether he/she is credible, if s/he has credentials to back him-/herself up. Who sponsors the site? Why was the site created? Who is its intended audience? How current is the site? [/nerdom] I shall stop now. :geek:

Okay...now I'm all warmed up to work! :lol:

song, I agree with many here...I think checking in with your coworker (via e-mail, or even dropping by her desk) is probably the best thing to do. It's hard to figure out what, exactly, to do, and I don't think that there is a right thing, really. Many :telepath: for you.

And of course, leaving many, many :smooch: :smooch: for my prime :love:!

:eek:ldhi: talula and 5x5! :smooch: :smooch:

Christin, as someone who has edited a ton of books on the research process, I recommend checking out where the information comes from--does the author have a bias? How fairly does the author treat opposing views? Are statistics accurate? Any logical fallacies in the author's claims? If you're checking out Web sites, try to find who the author is and whether he/she is credible, if s/he has credentials to back him-/herself up. Who sponsors the site? Why was the site created? Who is its intended audience? How current is the site? [/nerdom] I shall stop now. :geek:

Okay...now I'm all warmed up to work! :lol:
Thank you. :smooch: I did check where the info comes from and it seems reliable. I'm working with norms and laws for my presentation and I just misinterpreted one, so I was very confused when I found that I was wrong, but also glad that I found out in time. :lol:

Glad I could be of service. :lol:

:eek:ldhi:

Wednsday huh?? :ermm:..at least the new Boards sounds awesome :thinking:

I had the best Christmas...we went for a picnic day in a regional park that belongs to the county..basically it is a large area of hill and all sorts of greenery and a lake in the middle that is reserved as is :lovely:..it is beautiful!..and the best thing is!..we were smack in front of the lake and you could not see or hear any traffic :lovely:.....and we had a little miscommunication about the food and ended up with enough meat to feed a small army :lol:.....but it was a good time :nod:

Sounds wonderful, Sally! :lovely:

I've been hearing about a mysterious gas-like substance seeping out of the floor (I think) in New York, and they've ruled out terrorism, but some subways are shut, and they're advising residents to keep their windows shut.

5x5, is this near you? :thinking: Hope not! :hug:

Almost home time! :w00t:

:eek:ldhi: everyone! I forgot who was in the thread when I came to reply (my mind's a little busy, I've made a To Do Work list, and am working down, trying to prioritise, as several things need doing asap - hence the infrequent posting now).

:yawn: :grouchy: I slept like felgercarb. 72 mph wind gusts here ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I was certain that when I finally crawled out of bed, after waking up like 4 or 5 different times, that I'd have no electricity (but I do). The apartment was literally shaking some of the time... sticks and chunks of snow being hurled into the side of the building. 🔨 And it's supposed to snow most of the weekend and be like 10 degrees. :Rant:

Um. Something at happened at work today that's upset me a bit. My co-worker was really sad, and as she was leaving for the day, I told that I was sorry that she was low and to take care of yourself. When I said that she burst into tears, and when I told her that I was sorry for saying anything, she said that I shouldn't have and all but ran away. :thinking: She wasn't just crying a little bit--she was really sobbing. I'm really worried... I don't know what I should do. *sigh*

I'm seriously thinking about giving her a call (I'm not sure what her home email is...) Just to see if she got home safely. I'm just not sure what she'd appreciate most--space or acknowledgement. :thinking:

Aww. :console: :hug: :smooch: I'd have to suggest that you give her space and then give her acknowledgement the next time you see her, if you can do that. She might just really not want to talk about whatever is going on or maybe she's not ready, if she got that upset by you acknowledging her in the first place. Maybe you could offer to get her something if you go get a drink or a snack or if you know what she likes, just get that for her on your own?

Alright. I am gonna get dressed and drive to work for a while. There's no way I'm walking there in this wind!

ETA: Oh yeah, the weird gas smells in NYC. Very odd! I hope they figure out what's going on soon! :telepath:

🛴 :eek:ldhi:

I have to finish getting ready for class which startes in 25 min. :blink: This is early for me to be up now, hopefully I will get used to it soon or I will be a zombie for weeks. :Pinch:

Leaving a giant :hug: and :smooch: for my Gracie, thanks for the PM this morning. :love:

:hi:

:eek:ldhi: talula and Kelley! :smooch: :hug:

:yawn: :grouchy: I slept like felgercarb. 72 mph wind gusts here ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I was certain that when I finally crawled out of bed, after waking up like 4 or 5 different times, that I'd have no electricity (but I do). The apartment was literally shaking some of the time... sticks and chunks of snow being hurled into the side of the building. 🔨 And it's supposed to snow most of the weekend and be like 10 degrees. :Rant:
:console: I'm sorry you had a rough night. :hug: :smooch:

:console:

Sorry about the crappy night's sleep - I love storms and would enjoy hearing the rain and winds, but if it's waking you up, that's definitely not fun 🇳🇴. A pillow and a quiet work day for you :hug:.

Right, log off time, it's home time! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back