SD-6 is blind?

I don't know where to put this so I just chose general discussion:

Three points:

a) When Jack said that he gave Sydney the codename "Freelancer" that didn't explain what she was doing when Dixon saw her in SD-6 Storehouses with the Rambaldi artifact. Did they just leave this unexplained, or did I miss something.

b) How come we often see Jack telling Marshall to go fix something, and then acsessing his computer. Wouldn't a guy like Marshall be able to moniter his own computers?

c) How come Marshall can't figure out that SD-6 isn't part of the CIA. I mean, he has the technical ability to hack in to the SD-6 servers (probably), so why doesn't he know?

a) Jack explained the situation with Will. He probably told Sloane that Sydney had to get the artifact to exchange for Will, and that he couldn't tell Sloane because he'd say no.

b) Maybe Marshall trusts everybody. He wouldn't have reason to put extra security on the computer with fellow patriots. Plus, it's the CIA's (SD-6's actually) computer.

c) Again, maybe Marshall trusts everybody. Why would he have reason to hack into the CIA's computers?

Hope this helps ^_^

Oh, one more thing:

How come Sark doesn't know that Sydney is a double agent. Hasn't he seen her on countless missions, and suspected that SD-6 coudln't have sent her on them? Wasn't he suspicous about the antidote?

Yes he's seen her on many missions, but why wouldn't he believe that she wasn't sent by SD-6?
And Sydney never said whp the antidote was for, so Sark would probably think that SD-6 sent her.

Marshall is trusting, but still extra cauious when on a plane, so why insn't he like that in person?

Also - ANOTHER thing....

When Sydney was being interrogated by SD-6, and put under suspision, she was saved when Jack made the computers say that Russel sent the message to K-Direcorate.

First of all - Why didn't they (i.e. Marshall and Sloane) think "Hey, why didn't we see this before?"

Secondly - Why was Marshall randomly looking at these records?, because he saved Sydney just in time.

lothargriffs said:
Marshall is trusting, but still extra cauious when on a plane, so why insn't he like that in person?
That's because Marshall is scared of flying and was very nervous.

What episode was your next comment on because I haven't seen all of Season 1 and I don't remember that happening.

Sark even said once <not exact quote>, "One wonders if you have an extra source..."
When he found Sydney at the remote house that contained the bombs setup by Jack.

Another thing (hehe, i have a lot of questions about the realism of the plot)
Why can't SD-6 just tourtue Sark? I mean, he can't really do anything in retaliation.

BTW, about the realism thing - obviously most of the ideas in Alias can't really be true, althought the producers do a good job of answering questions.

AliasALIAS said:
lothargriffs said:
That's because Marshall is scared of flying and was very nervous.

What episode was your next comment on because I haven't seen all of Season 1 and I don't remember that happening.

I'm not sure about the episode, but there was a message sent by either Sydney or Russeck (or something, i dont remember the exact name), to another agency, and they were put under interrogation. Jack changed something on the computers, and made it look like Russek sent a message to K-direcorate, althought it was really Sydney who sent it to the CIA.

Okay, i found the episode:
spirit

AliasALIAS said:
a) Jack explained the situation with Will. He probably told Sloane that Sydney had to get the artifact to exchange for Will, and that he couldn't tell Sloane because he'd say no.

b) Maybe Marshall trusts everybody. He wouldn't have reason to put extra security on the computer with fellow patriots. Plus, it's the CIA's (SD-6's actually) computer.

c) Again, maybe Marshall trusts everybody. Why would he have reason to hack into the CIA's computers?

Hope this helps ^_^
actually in response to #b & c,
for #b: maybe he wouldn't suspect Jack in hacking into his computer and as for
#c: Marshall probably doesn't hack into SD-6 computer, then security might question Marshall's loyalty

Marshall is scared to death of Jack, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with his not suspecting Jack. Plus, remember, Jack's no slouch technically either (though, like Sydney, maybe not up to doing polymorphic algorithms in his head), so he's probably pretty good at covering his tracks. Marshall seems to be in awe of and trusting of authority, so he trusts SD-6 and its authority figures (Sloane, Jack). And because Marshall has a thing for Sydney, he really doesn't want to find anything on the old man, so to speak. So there are probably things he should be seeing that he isn't noticing.

lothargriffs said:
How come Sark doesn't know that Sydney is a double agent.
Oh, I'm pretty sure he does.

YEah sd6 not being able to fund out is pretty dumb, but I think that Sark does know. I think that he is just playing with sd 6 to get anything valuable he wants from them. HE doesn't tell syd b/c he doesn't want there to be anyway for it to get out

Sark is a mysterious weirs person who works solely for himself. I know he is suspicious of sydney but maybe he doesnt care. I dont think he is playing police for sd-6. IU think he just has some plan up his sleeve. But marshall trusts the cia. He has no reason to hack into it because he is not suspicous. He is not gonna say O let me think wat if I dont work for the cia well let me just hack in and see. Ya he is scred of Jack and JAck is a senior offficer. Marshall cant really question his authority. MArshall has many mishaps. He is probably preocuppied while JAck is playn with his computer

yeah, that does make sense. you'd think that at least once in a while they would be followed or traced. o well this is tv :P

I think that sydney has everyone wrapped around her little finger so there is no way that they will question her. Everyone is too scared of Jack to question him!

Back