Politics Should there be cameras in schools?

Do you think that there should be cameras in schools?

• Yes, its a good idea. it can help punish bad kids, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only in some schools.

• No, its not fair.

• No, its an invasion of privacy.

• Don't know.

• Depends (please say why)

• Total voters
Dreila said:
No there shouldn't be. It's a privacy invasion. How would you feel if someone put a camera in your house? It's wrong.
[post="999566"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

is your privacy being invaded when you go shopping or when you use an atm or sometimes in taxis?

It will help the police catch the people who did it.
Will it really though?

My school has cameras. Last year we had three major scandals: seventh graders giving handjobs in the bathrooms, ninth graders stealing, and drug dealers in the halls getting called out (and I go to a nice upstanding private school!).

The cameras? Did not help one bit on any of this. At all. Of course, I've gotten used to the cameras, but they still bother me.

When people know where the cameras are they aren't going to be stupid enough to do stuff around them. Bathrooms and Locker rooms are the worst. People are stealing other people stuff, breaking into people's lockers. It has gotten so bad and teacher's are tired of being blamed they finally announced that It's your fault your lock wasn't done or you left your backpack out. And people sell weed and drugs in the girl's bathrooms because who can stop them unless someone sees it. But most people won't say anything. So cameras can help somewhat but not really.

No way that's a big invasion of privacy, i know there's alot of bad things goin' on in school's these day's, but they don't have 2 go 2 such drastic measures.

i don't think cameras are always necessary, so only in some schools (when the need arises) should tehre be cameras. still, i know i don't want them at my school, so yeah...

There are cameras in my dorm for security. It doesn't really bother me. It's not like they're in the bathroom or anything, just by entrances and elevators.

I really can't be sure how much cameras actually do to mitigate the problems. Most kids today are smart, and some devious. If you put camers in schools, you just end up driving those kids to aggregate elsewhere, perhaps off school property. That makes it even harder to track them down and prosecute them.

Back