Politics Skirts are a leading cause of rape. Because men have eyes. . .

Azhria Lilu

Captain
The Indian comedy group All India Backods, featuring #Bollywood actor Kalki Koechlin, has released a video attacking the most common beliefs about why women are to blame for #rape.

Take a few minutes to watch the video. I think it's been very cleverly done and I'd like to think that everyone here understands the message the video is sending and agrees with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been able to comprehend the whole "They're asking for it" discussion. What I mean by that is that I can't comprehend how it could ever be the victim that is to blame. However.. I will say this. Women that dress in a certain way e.g mini-skirts etc that show off more than they're covering up, generally speaking want people's attention. That being said, obviously they're not asking to nor should they be raped because of it. But they want people to look, regardless of what they say.

If not, then why would they dress like that?

And a completely different thing that comes from bitterness caused by past girlfriends.. If a guy looks at another woman, that does not mean that he doesn't find his own partner attractive. Attraction is biological. Sometimes it's not even because that other person looks great, it's just... something that caused a glance.. Some women (this goes for guys as well btw.. no sexism here) really read too much into those random glances.

*End of ramble*

Ps. I didn't watch the video, I'm just guessing what it's about since that is a common debate.

I didn't think it was too much, really. I've actually heard those points used as arguments for why rape happened.
Yeah so have I, but the video was still a bit too much.. I feel it's an overly discussed subject. I just try to assume everybody got more than one braincell...

Back