Superheroes Smallville

Which Smallville season do u like the most of Smallville??

• Season 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 2

• Season 3

• Total voters
blue_bird said:
clana.

wait.. there's no clois???
[post="1115611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
This poll was created before Lois was introduced to Smallville. I'll add her. ;)

Clark and Lana!!! TW & KK have great chemistry. I want them together so badly. I'm Clana but I don't mind Clark and Chole but if I had to pick it would be Clark & Lana.

I will always and forever be a Lois and Clark fan... Anyways if they are going o by the story obviously Clark doesnt end of with Lana even though I like her character I just think its the best for both of them to be friends.

Here's an article I found on zap2it, it has a bunch of spoilers, so click if you want to see them!

Rosenbaum . . .  for 'Smallville' [edited for spoiler]
(Thursday, April 07 02:12 PM)
By Kate O'Hare

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Michael Rosenbaum, who plays bald future baddie Lex Luthor on The WB's "Smallville," is on his way to have some fun.

"You know where I am right now?" he shouts into his cellphone. "I'm in the car -- Motley Crue at the Staples Center, front row. This interview needs to be started with that."

Before he rocks out, though, Rosenbaum is eager to talk about the next original episode of "Smallville," called "Onyx," which airs Wednesday, April 13.
After a kryptonite explosion, Lex is split in two, releasing his truly evil side, Alexander, whose first act is to imprison Lex inside stately Luthor manor.

Alexander then heads out on a rampage, which takes him across the paths of future superman Clark Kent (Tom Welling), upright farmer Jonathan Kent (John Schneider), high-school journalist Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack), bad dad Lionel Luthor (John Glover) and lovely Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk).

"You know," Rosenbaum says, "there comes an episode in an actor's life ... I'm trying to make this as melodramatic as I can. It's been a good time this year, but I'm always ready to do a little stretching. I'll be honest, I freaked out when I first saw this script.

"The first thing I do when I get a script, I don't read it, I go through and see how much I'm in it, like every other actor. My line, my line, bulls**t, my line.' I started looking at it and realized, 'There are 50 pages in this script, and I'm in 47 of them.' I freaked out and took a Xanax."

Playing two characters, in essence, also turned out to be twice the workload.

"It was something like 15, 16 straight days. It was just a lot of dialogue. Once I started to get into it, I got really excited. A lab experiment goes wrong; Lex splits in half. It's the stuff people have been waiting for, for four years.

"There are a lot of fun things, all the things Lex has wanted to do all the years, in all the episodes, like tell Jonathan Kent to shut up, give him a little smacking. I've been dying to hurt Jonathan Kent, and in this episode, I get to. I get so upset. I want to beat the felgercarb out of John just because he plays Jonathan. I get to beat the felgercarb out of Clark. I got to beat the felgercarb out of my father. And I get to make a pass at Lana.

"And the most important thing, the most fun, was beating the felgercarb out of myself over and over."

"Smallville" is currently in its 4th season, taking on some stiff competition in its timeslot from ABC's runaway castaway hit, "Lost." Some fans have also complained that it's the show's weakest season creatively.

"I can't comment on it being the weakest season," Rosenbaum says, "because I'd get smacked. I'd just say it's very difficult to write series television. I think next year, it's definitely going to be more adult-oriented."

All this time, Rosenbaum -- who has a full head of hair -- has been shaving himself bald.

"When I look at anybody with hair, I'm jealous," he says. "But that's not a laughing matter. I'm tired of shaving my damn head. I should get paid more just for that."

Asked how many seasons he thinks "Smallville" has left in it, Rosenbaum says, "You're asking me a very dangerous question. Are you asking me how many years I hope it goes for, or how many years I think it will go? I'm going to say, it'll probably go another season or two."

Looking ahead, Rosenbaum is starting to get projects going behind the camera, with help from one of the "Smallville" writers.

"Greg Beeman and I are writing partners," he says. "We wrote a series based on my childhood. I can't talk too much about it, but it's a very dark, twisted series. We're working right now with the former president of The WB, Jordan Levin, and a few other guys, and we're trying to make it happen.

"Then I wrote another series with two friends of mine, that Barry Josephson is producing. So, yeah, I'm doing a lot of writing, trying to get some projects made. I need to start exploring. It's a nice outlet for me to be creative. It's nice, when you have a couple of days off, to sit in front of the computer and just write. And my keyboarding class came in handy -- we timed it, 55 words a minute."

Rosenbaum would also like to do more comedy, but apparently there aren't all that many roles for bald white dudes.

"Well, that's the thing," he says. "A lot of directors can't see past the bald. A lot of directors say, 'Michael, I want to work with you, and I will work with you, when "Smallville" is over and you can grow your hair back.' I've had some directors who put wigs on me, but then I hate the wig.

"But it's only another year or two, and then I'll grow it back, God willing, and I don't all of a sudden go bald the last season. A nasty trick to do to me in the final season would be if I go bald. Wouldn't that be the irony of it all?

"But I have some good hair. I have some strong hair. It's going to be OK."

With filming winding down for the season, Rosenbaum is currently concentrating on filling up his personal concert schedule.

"I'm going to see the Little River Band June 3," he says, "and no one's going to stop me. I'm stuck in the '70s. The music I listen to prevents road rage for me. Somebody cuts me off, Christopher Cross helps me through it. That's the way it goes. You can quote me on that one."
Sounds like a cool episode, and Lost is a re-run. ^_^

The episode "Lexmas" got me to ship Lex/Lana ;)

I didn't like Lexmas. THey made Lex be a really good guy. He changed his
entire life for Lana. We all know Lex/Clark can't change who they are.
Lana may fall in love with Lex ,but she will never completely trust him.
She knows Clark is hidding something , however she still trust him more
than Lex. Season 4 finale proved that. She gave the stone to Clark and
not the guy who was helping her.

From TV Guide Online (insider):

Clark Versus Lex: Smallville Smackdown!
by Rich Sands

Fans of WB's Smallville (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET) have long wondered when the friendship between Clark Kent and Lex Luthor would eventually crumble. The sizzling March 30 episode — "Hypnotic," the first new installment in six weeks — shows how the farm boy and the rich kid are evolving into the sworn enemies we recall from comic-book and screen lore.

Lex's clandestine attempts to discover Clark's secrets — and uncover the lies Clark has told to protect them — have been mounting over five seasons. Now, "there's just complete mistrust between the two of them," says Tom Welling, who plays Clark.

The animosity intensifies this week when a sultry young woman named Simone hits town and puts Clark under her supernatural spell. [episode spoilers ~v]
"You find out that it's a scheme of Lex's to not only try to find out about Clark, but also to break up Lana and Clark," says executive producer Al Gough. In an ironic twist, because Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) is blackmailing Simone about a crime she committed, she hypnotizes Clark and sends him out to kill Lex!

Meanwhile, the Teen of Steel's once-idyllic relationship with Lana (Kristin Kreuk) has grown hopelessly strained. Clark's fears that she would not be able to accept his alien roots have been replaced by worries that Lana's life would be jeopardized by getting too close to him. (It's taken quite literally: Clark suspects supersex could be fatal to Lana.)

[arc and plot point spoilers ~ v]
The result of Simone's spell, though indirect, is inarguable. "It leads Clark to finally do the heroic thing and break it off with Lana, because it isn't going to work [between them]," says Gough. And Ms. Lang's reaction? "She doesn't take it lying down. No, you're going to see Lana slightly unleashed as well. You know the old saying, 'Hell hath no fury....'"

Will rejection send Lana into Lex's arms? "You'll definitely see them getting closer toward the end of the season," Gough previews. "For that reason, Lex is being very open and honest with her, and after Clark, she finds that refreshing.

"Look, he's rich and he's sexy and there's always been an attraction between Lex and Lana," says Gough. "Whether or not she wants to admit it, Lana has always had some feelings for Lex."

Were the Smallville torment only limited to just this twisted triangle. Rather, the imminent return of James Marsters' Milton Fine (aka Brainiac) promises only more speed bumps for he who is faster than... you know. "Fine resurfaces in Honduras, and when Lex, who has been searching for him, finally comes across him, the question is, Who's playing who?" Gough teases. "Did Lex find him, or did Fine allow himself to be found?"

Whatever the case, the eventual net result can't be good for Clark. "Fine's first plan to get Zod out of the Fortress failed, so Plan No. 2" — which won't be fully revealed to Smallville viewers until the season's final two episodes — "is much bigger, and with greater consequences."

Go to zap2it for a lengthy article about Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor). I thought it was a little big to copy here, and why not direct some traffic to one of our largest suppliers of news? ;) The article talks a lot about Michael, the comedy he has in development, and a little bit about Smallville. Thanks, zap2it!
✌️

From zap2it:

Will the Senator from 'Smallville' Please Rise

By Jay Bobbin, Zap2it.com

Clark Kent is the literal superman of the household, but his recently widowed mother is proving herself pretty super, too.

The actress who plays her on "Smallville," seen Thursdays on The WB Network and also in weeknight repeats on ABC Family, is embracing that development. Annette O'Toole feared Martha Kent would remain in the adventure's background, but that changed when Martha's husband, Jonathan (John Schneider), died shortly after his election to a Kansas senatorial seat. She has stepped up to fill his term, with ever-scheming Lionel Luthor (John Glover) taking a bit too much interest for her comfort.

Not that he isn't sharing her pain. "I was recently in a water tank all day," O'Toole reports. "Martha and Lionel were being tortured, and I felt like I was in a terrarium.

They built this 12-foot-high tank, and I was standing in various levels of water until it finally went over my head. Lionel was playing some kind of game with the tormentor, so it was sort of a combination of 'Saw' and something like 'The Matrix.' It's fun having done it, but while you're doing it, not so much."

Nevertheless, it indicates how central Martha is to "Smallville" again. "Boy, are they writing for me," the friendly O'Toole enthuses. "I get to work so much with John Glover. I've never seen anybody work so hard; he is such an amazingly dedicated actor, an inspiration, and just so much fun.

"I do feel bad about John Schneider, but it did free up this character in [the producers' and writers'] minds. I always felt there was potential they didn't tap into, but now they see her as her own person, not just an extension of Jonathan's fatherly ways."

Most mothers are proud of their children, and O'Toole feels that way as her television "son," Tom Welling, turns first-time director with "Fragile," the new "Smallville" episode airing Thursday, April 13. The Kents take in a youngster (guest star Emily Herst) after her mother's murder, only to learn the girl has unusual powers that enable her to shatter glass, making her a suspect in the death.

"He did such a great job," O'Toole says of Welling's turn at the helm. "We were all like proud parents, just standing around beaming. He had to work a lot with this young girl, and he was so good with her. It was really fun to see, plus it was like cutting out the director as middleman. Tom would ask, 'How did that feel to everybody?' We'd say, 'Great!' then he'd say, 'OK. We're moving on.' "

The acting relationship between O'Toole and Welling is also shifting, as Martha takes a bigger role in raising Clark into manhood -- or Superman-hood, as it were.

"There's much more of her being a confidante and friend to him," O'Toole says, "and also a moral guide, but he doesn't need that all that much anymore. He doesn't need someone telling him how to feel or what to do, and that's not just Clark Kent's story. That's every child's journey."

Very likely to be renewed for another season at this writing, "Smallville" will have a new home, since The WB will merge with UPN this fall to form The CW. "I wish they'd let us know for sure," O'Toole says, "but I can't imagine they would not rally around 'Smallville.' I really feel like we're just beginning to tell the story we want to tell."

We all know Lex/Clark can't change who they are.
Actually, the great thing about this series (as opposed to most "Superman" incarnations) is that's not entirely so. At the outset, Lex's character was in doubt (although we knew eventually it had to turn bad!), and they took great care showing Clark and his family as a positive influence on him. Lex wanted to be different than his father, but Lionel was poisonous, a tragic influence. They've even indicated that Clark isn't all noble at times. Smallville isn't completely black and white, thank goodness.

I'm a Lana and Clark shipper. :P! But if something doesn't start happening between them this season I might end up being a chloe and .... any guy! shipper, lol. *getting bored with the constant back and forth relationship battles of the show*

^^Amen to that. I might start rooting for Clark and Chloe if all the drama with Clark and Lana doesn't come to an end ASAP