SNL or MadTv

Which show is funnier, Saturday Night Live or MadTv???

• SNL keeps makes we laugh the hardest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madtv is way funnier

• They both suck

• I don't know. I'm never in on a Saturday night.

• I can't decide. They're both too good.

• Total voters
Oooh, I like those skits as well, Dana!!

I haven't been watching neither shows lately. The only skit I remember from SNL is the one from the finale (goodbye, Jimmy! (n)) with Jimmy, Horatio, Maya, and the Olsen twins. It was that store... and they kept saying stuff that rhymed and it was friggin' hilarious! And then the Olsen's were in... chicken suits, I believe? Dancing and singing the store song. :rotflmao: Good stuff.

I like 'em both, but if you had asked me a year ago I would have said SNL hands down. Too many good people have left SNL and no one has claimed the spots they left behind. Thank God for Rachel Dratch, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Chris Parnell, and Seth Meyers. I'm still mad at Jimmy for leaving. :angry: And Will... and Ana... :P

As for MadTV... some of the sketches are just downright hilarious. :lol: I love Stewart -- anything with whatshisname in it (mind, where hast thou gone?!) -- the Persian Towtruck Man, and so on... also love the Oprah spoofs, tho is Debra even still on the show? Hm.

Les

Leslie said:
I like 'em both, but if you had asked me a year ago I would have said SNL hands down. Too many good people have left SNL and no one has claimed the spots they left behind. Thank God for Rachel Dratch, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Chris Parnell, and Seth Meyers. I'm still mad at Jimmy for leaving. :angry: And Will... and Ana... :P

As for MadTV... some of the sketches are just downright hilarious. :lol: I love Stewart -- anything with whatshisname in it (mind, where hast thou gone?!) -- the Persian Towtruck Man, and so on... also love the Oprah spoofs, tho is Debra even still on the show? Hm.

Les
Ahh!! I think his name is something MacDonald...

They are both hit or miss for me. They've got their ups and downs, so I prefer to watch both of the simultaneously and get the best of both worlds.

SNL of course, except last season it was really sucky. All the good people left so it was just kind of blah. But, hopefully next year they will add some newer people that will help balance it and make it funny again.

Oh, and Mango is AWESOME!!! lol :lol:

'Mother Lover' from Saturday Night Live - Mother's Day 2009 Rerun episode

The highlight of the show was host Justin Timberlake's duet with Andy Samberg singing 'Mother Lover'. Warning, funny but implied naughty lyrics.

The moms in the video are Susan Sarandon and Patricia Clarkson.
laugh.gif

Warning, the following clip has the uncensored song and no audience reaction. Just has still pictures instead of TV version.

This clip won't work for me since I don't live in the US.
Saturday Night Live - NBC.com

This uncensored version can be downloaded to your computer.
http://rapidshare.com/files/232626249/Mother_Lover_SNL.avi

I personally prefer Dick in a Box, but MotherLover was pretty good, too!

Justin Timberlake is up for an Emmy Award for his appearance on the SNL Mother's Day show. He is surprisingly very funny on SNL. Dick In A Box/Motherlover was brilliant, his 'Robin Gibb' on "The Gibb Brothers Show" is hilarious, his being one of Beyonce's "Single Girl" dancers was a scream! :LOL:

Back