Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

So what do you consider to be a "bad" sci-fi series or movie?

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi and Fantasy Talk' started by Kevin, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

In recent years we've been pretty good in having some good sci-fi available to us on TV and at the movies (eg: Farscape, Babylon 5, etc.) but what about really bad sci-fi? You know, the stuff that you wouldn't watch even though you watch anything & everything sci-fi? :P

Let's hear your nominations! I'll take the first 10 answers people come up with to create a new poll.

My nominatin is Space Rangers that CBS aired in the early 90's. It only lasted a few episodes and had every stereotype in there with bad acting, bad special effects, and cheesy plots.

What's yours?

2. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

For the series I nominate LEXX
    [​IMG]

There are a lot of bad scifi movies. At BadMovies.org there are quite a few with the skull. I don't agree with many of their assessments but a few are right on the money. The review pages are really entertaining and he gives pics, sounds and a video clip on each.
    [​IMG]
    To name one:- Red Planet-I hate that one but I already stated my most reviled is of coarse BattleField Earth!

3. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

Galactic Gigolo
    Just a random entry from BadMovies.org
    http://www.badmovies.org/movies/ggigolo/index.html

4. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

I kind of liked Lexx in that weird, quirky way. :(

Red Planet was the Val Kilmer one, right? When that came out it was around the same time as the one with Gary Sinise in it (Mission To Mars I think was the name of it).

So for personal nominatins so far it's...
    • Space Rangers (TV)
    • Lexx (TV)
    • Battlefield Earth (movie)
    • Red Planet (movie)