Soloable + Custimization = FANTASTIC

One thing I am kind of curious about on the subject of customisation:

We have seen glimpses of an absolutely mind-blowing character creation engine, but the thing I want to know is: will you have access to those same tools for changing your character's hair/clothes as you continue playing (since your magic threads of DOOM will not spoil your vision of the character by actually appearing on the model).

I remember when I was playing Star Wars Galaxies one fellow guild member was found to be force sensitive, and on his path towards becoming a jedi knight he completely changed his look, which was very cool and a great moment for the character.

I'd also like to know if you can change your characters clothing and such after you have already started the character. It would be cool too if you could find certain items in the world that you would only be able to wear if you found that item in game. Whether from a MOB, chest, NPC, or whatever. For instance you might get a rare ninja mask off a ninja boss that wouldn't drop very often, or you might have an NPC that sells cool looking hats in some remote location. One of my favorite things to do in Ragnarok Online was to go around looking for the various headgears that dropped all over the world. Collecting them was like a game of its own!

Jewelry is another cool aspect. Does it show up on characters? I'd like to have a pair of cross earrings like my character on Maple Story. :D

I'm mainly a soloer, but I very much love finding a good group of friendly people to adventure with. Both aspects are very important to me. Grouping and soloing should be fun and effective.

Oh, and this is my first post, hi everyone! :thinking:

Solo is a big thing for me, although I prefer to play with others. If I don't have alot of time, or I'm playing when there are not alot of people on, I'd rather solo. LOVE bigtime character customizations like CoH has, really looking forward to it, but wish we had more races to choose from, not really into what has been announced so far.
I actually really disliked WoW for how they had classes set up (going against the grain here). Because of that, no one grouped. Everyone soloed, which is idiotic to have in a MMO as far as I'm concerned. Thing is healers are almost always needed for groups while some other classes are not. If a healer can solo as well as a class that maybe doesn't fit well in a group (most "solo" classes dont fit real well in groups) why play that class at all? You can solo with most needed group class in the game. Or getting into a group with a Feral Druid and a Dark Priest (WoW) and they dont heal anyone and blow their wad on nuking and fighting as people die. Not my cup 'O tea. If you're going to me requied in a group, I dont think you should solo well. If you do, then give my solo class something that a group can't live without.

Back