*Stephanie Plum Novels*

nance

TUMS
These books are just absolutely hilarious. Whenever I'm down... they make me happier and soemtimes i just burst out laughing and then i look up and everyone is staring at me! hehe anyways... here's some info:

They're written by Janet Evanovich.

It's a series:

1. One for the Money
2. Two for the Dough
3. Three to get Deadly
4. Four to Score
5. High Five
6. Hot Six.
7. Seven Up
8. Hard Eight
9. To the Nines (Coming out July 15th)

^ I memorized that... pretty sad, eh?

To the Nines is #6 on the Borders bestseller list and #12 on BN's so they're popuuulaaaaaaaaaaar. :lol:

They are fiction.

nance said:
These books are just absolutely hilarious. Whenever I'm down... they make me happier and soemtimes i just burst out laughing and then i look up and everyone is staring at me! hehe anyways... here's some info:

They're written by Janet Evanovich.

It's a series:

1. One for the Money
2. Two for the Dough
3. Three to get Deadly
4. Four to Score
5. High Five
6. Hot Six.
7. Seven Up
8. Hard Eight
9. To the Nines (Coming out July 15th)

^ I memorized that... pretty sad, eh?
Not really. I have the whole Fearless series memorized, and that's over twice as much. And these books look good. I haven't read them, but I might try them sometime.

Summary for ONe for the Money:

Stephanie Plum is so smart, so honest, and so funny that her narrative charm could drive a documentary on termites. But this tough gal from New Jersey, an unemployed discount lingerie buyer, has a much more interesting story to tell: She has to say that her Miata has been repossessed and that she's so poor at the moment that she just drank her last bottle of beer for breakfast. She has to say that her only chance out of her present rut is her repugnant cousin Vinnie and his bail-bond business. She has to say that she blackmailed Vinnie into giving her a bail-bond recovery job worth $10,000 (for a murder suspect), even though she doesn't own a gun and has never apprehended a person in her life. And she has to say that the guy she has to get, Joe Morelli, is the same creep who charmed away her teenage virginity behind the pastry case in the Trenton bakery where she worked after school.
If that hard-luck story doesn't sound compelling enough, Stephanie's several unsuccessful attempts at pulling in Joe make a downright hilarious and suspenseful tale of murder and deceit. Along the way, several more outlandish (but unrelentingly real) characters join the story, including Benito Ramirez, a champion boxer who seems to be following Stephanie Plum wherever she goes.

Janet Evanovich shares an authentic feel for the streets of Trenton in her debut mystery (she developed her talents in a string of romance novels before creating Ms. Plum), and her tough, frank, and funny first-person narrator offers a winning mix of vulgarity and sensitivity. Evanovich is certainly among the best of the new voices to emerge in the mystery field of the 1990s.

OMG there's someone else here who actually reads these books! I can't even count how many times I wanted to start a thread for them, but I figured no one else read them but me. I love this series! My mom totally hooked me on them, and I love them.

How'd you like the eighth book? That part in the park where Stephanie gets attacked by the geese? And the spiders and the snakes? How many times have I gotten busted at work for laughing out loud at those things. They're great!

lenkid said:
OMG there's someone else here who actually reads these books! I can't even count how many times I wanted to start a thread for them, but I figured no one else read them but me. I love this series! My mom totally hooked me on them, and I love them.

How'd you like the eighth book? That part in the park where Stephanie gets attacked by the geese? And the spiders and the snakes? How many times have I gotten busted at work for laughing out loud at those things. They're great!
eeeeeeeee ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! FINALLY! FINALLY! SOMEONE! :lol:

they're so incredilby funny! ahhhh the geeeeeeeese! the crackerjacks she fed to them!

the weird thing is that these books are REALLY REALLY popular :lol: they're on the bestseller list!

EEEEEEEEE :jump: LENKID YOU ROcK!

OHHHH RANGER OR JOE? EEE I CAN'T DECIDE :lol: I LOVE RANGER!

ohhhhh didja start TO THE NINES? i went to borders twice and sat there reading it (no money!)

LOL, thanks nance, you rock too! It's so tough finding people who have actually read these books.

I want to read To The Nines sooooooooo bad but I just can't afford it. It's like 35 bucks here! But I totally want to read it. THe first two chapters are on her website, so I've read those, and they're hilarious.

And I think I'm a Joe fan. I love Ranger, but I think he's much better as the mysterious guy that keeps popping up. Nothing is hotter than that. ;)

lenkid said:
LOL, thanks nance, you rock too! It's so tough finding people who have actually read these books.

I want to read To The Nines sooooooooo bad but I just can't afford it. It's like 35 bucks here! But I totally want to read it. THe first two chapters are on her website, so I've read those, and they're hilarious.

And I think I'm a Joe fan. I love Ranger, but I think he's much better as the mysterious guy that keeps popping up. Nothing is hotter than that. ;)
eeeeeeeeeeee they ARE expensive! ahh i love the website! so i'm not the only who goes on :lol:

lol joe and ranger... just can't pick... rnager is soo mysterious! gah... his adress... his cars... :blink:

i feel so happy to know that someone else on AA reads these!

ohhh LULA cracks me up way too much... sometiems i'm just sittin ther reading and crack up on her quotes.... :lol:

I love Lula! I totally think that if they ever make a movie of these books, the perfect actress to play her is the one that's on Less Than Perfect.

I just love how everyone has a gun except for Stephanie, and how her cars ALWAYS blow up. That is too classic

AHHH I KNOW! the actress on less then perfect reminds me so much of lulaaaaa!

lol i know! her cars :rolleyes: :lol: mremember ranger gave her a porshe AND a bmw!!?!!!!!

and grandma mazur... :lol:

lol, when it got totally crushed. That was awesome.

And Grandma Mazur? I love her! When she accidentally shot the turkey at the table. That was too funny. And how she's always going to the funeral home. :D

Lol... When grandma mazur has her new hairstyles and clothes, that just cracks me up. and the turkey!!!! ahhhh! loL! and plus when something ever happens to stephanie, grandma mazur is the gossip mongol! :lol:

ohhhh Rex also cracks me up! ^_^ he's so funny, how he doesn't come out untill stepahnie gives him food

I LOVE Rex! That time when Stephanie picked him up after the cat had been stuffed in his cage and he bit her, and she flung him across the room. Oh man, I'm laughing now just thinking about that part.

Also, what book was that in where her stun gun wouldn't work, and then the guy tried it on her and she collapsed? That was hilarious.

oh yeah! when the cat was stuffed and the two guys were going to kill Rex and she had this whole speech about "it isn't easy being a woman" and started telling them all her problems :lol:

hehe yeah the fat guys don't feel the stun gun :lol: i forgot which book though.

i loved the book where Ranger brings her to the shooting range ^_^ and spends time with her.

I also liked, I think it was the eighth book, where she had Ranger install the security locks on her door so that no one could break in, but she could never get it to work, and shot the felgercarb out of the remote. That was great.

Have you read the Christmas one that came out last year?

LOL! yeah i remember that part. That spanish guy... also Tank :lol:

Yup I read that... that one was sorta weird :blink:

Ohhh today I went to Borders and read some more of TO The Nines- IT'S GREAT! THEY GO TO VEGAS! ehhe i think the poeple at borders are starting to get suspicious... i never buy the books. :lol:

oh man, I want to get it sooooo bad. I'm thinking that once it goes on the best seller list, it'll go 30% off, and then I get an additional 10% because of my club card, and then I also have a 5 dollar gift certificate, so I'm thinking, I'll get it then. ;)

So how was the Christmas one? I read a bit of it, and it seemed totally weird.

Back