Summer Reading Challenge...

I know they did one like this last year and I didnt get to do it. I was to busy. So I wanted to see if anyone wanted to do it this year again. Get people to read a bunch of books ^_^

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
Your summer hasnt started yet?  :eek:

How about we say it started on June 1st like last year but I dont know when it can end...
[post="1376849"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
not for another two weeks (and I rarely do any reading the last month of school... way too busy. ;) )
--mandy :angelic:

count me in! i want to do it! it's summer and i always read even more than usually in the summer! it's wonderful when you can read outside..in the sun. yeah i'm up for the challenge! i didn't have the time to do it either last year... :D

Ok. It started June 1st so any books you've read after June 1st count. I guess it can end at the end of August. Just post the books you've read, number of pages, and total amount of pages so far.

Question: do books you've had to read for school count, or is this only casual reading? Also, must the books be in prosaic form, or can they be, say, books of poetry, graphic novels, or scripts as well?
Either way, so far I have:

The Andromeda Strain By Michael Crichton, 312 pages

Question: do books you've had to read for school count, or is this only casual reading? Also, must the books be in prosaic form, or can they be, say, books of poetry, graphic novels, or scripts as well?

Poetry and graphic novels can count but I'm not sure about the scripts...

I"ve listened to like 12 audio books. Does that count ?

I dont think that should count..

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
I dont think that should count..
[post="1382625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually I was only kidding about that. IT's called Summer Reading challenge, not summer listening challenge.

I'll join in on the summer reading challenge. i love to read.  but not the 'liostening challegnge  I hate books on tape

Lol. I was kidding on that one. I hate listening to the books on tape to. Whenever I did I'd read along which basically defeats the whole purpose...

Shopaholic and Sister by Sophia Kinsella- 368 pgs
The Ruling Class by Francine Pascella- 192 pgs
Black Taxi by James Moloney- 272 pgs
The Serious Kiss by Mary Hogan- 240 pgs
Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mylnowski- 320 pgs
Shooter by Walter Dean Myers- 223 pgs
Vegan, Virgin, Valentine by Carolyn Mackler- 228 pgs
Kill Game (Fearless FBI) by Francine Pascal-272 pgs

Total So Far--- 2115 pages

Gotta go to the library again! Lol

wow, damn, ^ that's impressive

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks (341)
The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks (383)
The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks (336)
The Truth About Forever by Sara Dessen (374)
Teen Idol by Meg Cabot (300)

Total so far: 1734

Back