Swimming

I've always loved it, but since my family moved from Maryland to Ohio...I switched from competive swimming to competive dancing. But for a while I regretted my decision, because swimming was always awesome and so much fun! But now I'm content just going to the Y and swimming laps! :D

bt vaughn, you sound just like me, i used to be in competitive swimming and diving but it interfered with dance too much and i had to choose which one and i picked dancing, but i really miss swimming,i always go to my teams meets and on some saturdays i go and do laps.

Actually, I just recently went from competative swimming to high school swimming and track. It just got to be to much for me! But now at least I get to have some sort of a social life.lol! I still hang out with all of my swimming friends though

I don't swim competativly, but I go to the city pool and do laps my friend Donnie is tring to get me to do the swim team and I don't know if I want too.....:(

Does anyone have any good ways to get the clorine smell out of your hair? See I live in Fl. so I'm starting to start my laps again, but even tho I wash my hair everyday I can't get the smell of the clorine out!!

~KM

SpyGurl001 said:
I don't swim competativly, but I go to the city pool and do laps my friend Donnie is tring to get me to do the swim team and I don't know if I want too.....:(

Does anyone have any good ways to get the clorine smell out of your hair? See I live in Fl. so I'm starting to start my laps again, but even tho I wash my hair everyday I can't get the smell of the clorine out!!

~KM
Haha! I used to have that same problem! The smell is especially bad if you have blond hair. Um.... what usually helps is to wash your hair RIGHT after you get out of the water, while your hair is still wet. Also, if this is already the case mix conditioner and water together, put it in a spray bottle, and lightly spray it in your hair before you swim. This acts kind of like a shield to the chlorine. I hope this helps!
~Carey

Thank You!!!!! He He I have brown hair so I'm lucky it doesn't turn green, but I swear I just can't get that stupid smell out!! but I'll try that. I should wear a swim cap but I feel stupid when I do lol, sepecially whne I'm doing laps by myself.

Question did you like it when ppl pushed you to swim?

~KM

SpyGurl001 said:
Question did you like it when ppl pushed you to swim?

~KM
Haha! Your welcome! Glad to help! Hmmm... thats a tough question. Well, I mean when you have someone pushing you all of the time, telling you how talented you are, and that you could go to the Olympics one day feels awesome! Lol! But then, after awhile all of this becomes WAY to important. You start to think *Gosh, should I really go that dance before practice? Will they have the right food there? It might really screw up my training!* When it gets to be this important you know its gone to far. Also, the traveling is insane!!! I mean at 15 traveling every weeked can get to be to much. I also just did not have a life, Lord! 12 practices a week can be strenuous! Glad to answer your question! If you have anymore just PM me, I will be glad to help.
~Carey

Well, I'm going to stick with Swimming laps on my own right now, I don't think I would like ppl yelling at me to swim. but I'm not sure maybe Donnie will get me to take on the swim team........ oh well I still have sometime I have another month or two till the really pratices and team starts up

~Km

Omg! I think you should definately join the swim team if you enjoy it! The swim team I was on was like year round cut throat swimming. I am still on my high school and summer league teams! They are a blast!

wow you sound just like my friend he can't understand how I like the enjoyment of swimming like for myself and not have a coach push me to do soemthing. Well here is my prob. I haven't swam for a team in 4 yrs. so I'm scared to death to dive off the blocks, I suck at Fly, and I bounce from side to side in the lane when I do back, Free is my best stroke. I don't know I'm going to give it more thought, I'm glad your here to support me! Its nice to talk to someone who actually swims for competative reasons.

~KM

Haha! I think that there are 2 types of swimmers, those who enjoy competition and those who just have a deep enjoyment of swimming. Sofar it sounds like you are the 2nd type! Lol! Im kind of cross between the two. I enjoy the thrill of winning a race, but I hate the work that goes into it. But somtimes it takes the experience of accomplishing a goal in a race to experience the 1st kind of enjoyment. Haha! that is so funny! fly is like one of my best strokes! Lol! I think that once you are part of team, that you almost cant imagine what it was like before you started!
~carey

Yeah I swimming for the enjoyment I just love the thrill of pushing myself to swim and working out that way with out someone pushing me

~KM

I don't think I'd want to be forced into doing something, even if it was something I love. Swimming is just something that clears my mind and is fun. Who would've though swimming a 500 could give me such enjoyment?

Haha!
I know when I'm swimming, you know just like casually, its like I have no problems. My mind is totally clear for whatever period of time that I am swimming.

I know it feels great when I swim its just like I release all the negative thoughts and bad moods and just swim carefree its great I love swimming!!

~KM

wow, no one's posted here in a looong time but i just recently quit swimming. I've been swimming competively for 6 years but i just lost the excitement of it. i mean i still love to swim, just for fun, but not to compete.

well, my swimteam at the Y was from fall to beginning of spring and sometimes i would do spring clinic but never in the summer. i sort of feel a loss because i've been swimming all my life but i just don't have fun anymore, you know?

Back