Season 4 Sydney and Jack

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
This was the first time Alias has had me in tears this season, as far as I can remember. Sydney talking to Jack as Laura, and him explaining to her how he didn't want to miss Sydney growing up, and her realizing how much he loved her as he talked (since he's rarely been able to be so open with her when he's lucid)...It was just SO PERFECT. :thud: And then...Syd watching Jack play the piano with "little Sydney" and trying to hold back tears. Seriously, has there ever been a more beautiful moment on the show??? Or is it my allergy pills talking?

It was the most beautiful moment on the show. I was crying for part of it...because it was just so perfect. They both deserve emmys.

Riley xoxo

Azalea said:
This was the first time Alias has had me in tears this season, as far as I can remember.  Sydney talking to Jack as Laura, and him explaining to her how he didn't want to miss Sydney growing up, and her realizing how much he loved her as he talked (since he's rarely been able to be so open with her when he's lucid)...It was just SO PERFECT. :thud:  And then...Syd watching Jack play the piano with "little Sydney" and trying to hold back tears.  Seriously, has there ever been a more beautiful moment on the show???  Or is it my allergy pills talking?
[post="1327459"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hear hear. :cheers:

okay I don't know if this just happened where i live but did Alias cut out at the alst like minute or so. I NEED TO KNOW IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :( :( (n) (n) i never saw the last thing Jack said to syd. DOES ANYONE KNOW PLEAZ TELEL IF U DO! thanks :D

undercover_spy said:
okay I don't know if this just happened where i live but did Alias cut out at the alst like minute or so. I NEED TO KNOW IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :(  :(  (n)  (n)  i never saw the last thing Jack said to syd. DOES ANYONE KNOW PLEAZ TELEL IF U DO! thanks :D
[post="1327468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Did it cut out when she was still as Laura or at the end when they've brought the doctor in to see Jack? Because he didn't say anything really to Syd from the bed. He mostly just talked to the doc, asking him if he was cured, an Doc said "No, but I'm going to make you better."

I guess I should back up; Sydney found the doctor in Finland and brought him back to see Jack.

Just like Season 3 had "The Two" Syd and Vaughn scene that SHOULD have won JG an Emmy (<_<), this scene MUST win Victor Garber and Jennifer Garner emmys.

undercover_spy Posted Today, 08:35 PM
  okay I don't know if this just happened where i live but did Alias cut out at the alst like minute or so. I NEED TO KNOW IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!        i never saw the last thing Jack said to syd. DOES ANYONE KNOW PLEAZ TELEL IF U DO! thanks 

I don't know if I heard Jack say anything - I'll have to watch again. Sydney said something about how his Doctor is here and then the Doctor stepped in and Jack asked if he was better (or cured yet) and the Doctor said something about not yet but that he would be better (not necessarily cured) soon. That was the jist of it.

Azalea Posted Today, 08:30 PM
  This was the first time Alias has had me in tears this season, as far as I can remember. Sydney talking to Jack as Laura, and him explaining to her how he didn't want to miss Sydney growing up, and her realizing how much he loved her as he talked (since he's rarely been able to be so open with her when he's lucid)...It was just SO PERFECT.  And then...Syd watching Jack play the piano with "little Sydney" and trying to hold back tears. Seriously, has there ever been a more beautiful moment on the show??? Or is it my allergy pills talking?

It really was fantastic (y) (y) Total Garber/Garner for Emmy moment. I loved it. It is amazing how one scene can do so much for the relationship and the history between these two characters. Syd can finally see the bigger picture (at least when it comes to her) with her dad. I mean, I'm sure that is not all there is to it - things are never simple with Alias- but seriously she has been needing to see this side of him forever. I really need to go and watch the whole thing again. For me it is a toss up as there has been some really fantastic stuff this season... I loved the scene in the pub between Vaughn and the nurse in Ice, and the Proposal Speech between Vaughn/Syd in WTLV, almost all of Tuesday, and that scene between Syd/Jack in APO1/2 when she slams the door in his face ... I think those are all my favorite moments from Season 4. But looking back I have to say this may be the best although, I do like all the moments for different reasons.

I agree : BEST MOMENT EVER.
I have never felt like this watching Alias....I almost cry,
it was just so sad and it actually give me a lot more
perspective of jack he was REALLY REALLY in love with Irina,
and just like last week.....GREAT ACTING !

It's the most touching Sydney and Jack moment yet. It was like Sydney was in therapy and all those years of feeling betrayed and hurt by her father were all washed away.

So maybe when she finds out all the other stuff he has been hiding from her, she won't be so hard on him. :D

This was the first time Alias has had me in tears this season, as far as I can remember. Sydney talking to Jack as Laura, and him explaining to her how he didn't want to miss Sydney growing up, and her realizing how much he loved her as he talked (since he's rarely been able to be so open with her when he's lucid)...It was just SO PERFECT. cav.gif And then...Syd watching Jack play the piano with "little Sydney" and trying to hold back tears. Seriously, has there ever been a more beautiful moment on the show??? Or is it my allergy pills talkin

It was definitely not the allergy pills.....I was crying too and not under the influence of anything but some great acting and beautiful writing. Can you imagine the healing balm that must have been to Syd's soul. To know that her dad was always left and that he wanted it different for Syd. To know that her and her mom were important enough for him to give up his career. It was incredible! I hope they don't just drop this relationship development!

I just loved this scene. It was amazing. My eyes have cried enough now. I cried during Lost, and when I saw that scene, myself finally realizing "Jack was a good daddy", I was just in tears. It was so bloody beautiful. Those two really do deserve Emmys. Wow. What a great scene.

Did people notice when Sydney and Vaughn broke into Jack's apartment, Syd found the big glasses, sweater wearing, geeky photo of her on the desk?

I can't remember the source of that picture.

I seriously teared up. That moment was too perfect...I absolutely adored it.

Jack, is really such a sweetheart.

superintelligentone said:
Did people notice when Sydney and Vaughn broke into Jack's apartment, Syd found the big glasses, sweater wearing, geeky photo of her on the desk? 

I can't remember the source of that picture.
[post="1327737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Did Syd and Vaughn actually break in? Or did she have a key? when I was watching, it seemed to me like she used a key. it makes sense that she would have a key even though she had never been there. jack probably gave it to her as a "just in case" precaution.
but maybe you are right when you say that they picked the lock?
I know it doesn't really matter, but it's still interesting to know.

the photo of Syd in Jack's apt was surprising. i first recalled that episode in Season3 when she dressed up as the biochem major from Harvard meeting that German pervy guy. But then I thought, oh, it must be a teenage pic, and Syd probably had braces and glasses at some point in her teen years. Then she got contacts and the braces off when she went to UCLA.

As a totally heterosexual guy, I can confindently say this scene had me choked up. In my mind, this was the definitive moment between Jack and Sydney in the series thus far.

On a side note, if Garner and Garber do not win Emmy's for this scene come September, they never will.

boyscout4747 said:
Just like Season 3 had "The Two" Syd and Vaughn scene that SHOULD have won JG an Emmy (<_<), this scene MUST win Victor Garber and Jennifer Garner emmys.
[post="1327490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

they have to get them! it would be so great if we could have our way and finally give them the award that they deserve for this show.. i mean come on!!

This was an awesome scene. One of the best Alias moments ever, IMO. Finally, Syd seems to realize how much she means to her father and how much "Laura" meant to him as well. Definetely a defining moment for their relationship - especially given what it's been like this season. It's kinda funny that the only way that Jack can be honest about his feelings - with no reservations - is when he's suffering from delusions.

GarnerForEmmy said:
On a side note, if Garner and Garber do not win Emmy's for this scene come September, they never will.
[post="1327856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

They totally deserve them, especially VG.

It's kinda funny that the only way that Jack can be honest about his feelings - with no reservations - is when he's suffering from delusions.

Or when Syd is delusional....in Nocturne he was totally tender towards her when she asked for the hug. Now we have even more insight to why he could not say no to that even against his better judgement. And all that yuck in Syd's subconscious about how he thinks about her was also taken care of as she now sees how devoted he is/was to both his daughter and wife. Speaking of, I wonder what the status is b/t Jack and Irina. Assuming she is alive, they seemed to reconcile somewhat during Syd's missing 2 years. Remember the instant messaging......miss you ........miss you too. :confused:

Back