Season 4 Sydney in ABC Promo

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, it just felt different. Obviously it was a different promo entirely, it was just set up different. But something I realized that is quite unique on Sydney's part, was that she was scared, not just scared petrified. We never see her scared at all. She usually knows how to handle things, and never is she scared about things. Which is why I think that this episode is going to rock the house from an acting stand point from our favorite actress Jennifer Garner. More emotions for her to play, and from the promo I can tell, this is going to be a good one. ;)

Yeah, I noticed that too - Sydney is never scared for herself... we've seen her scared for her loved ones quite often, but when she's in a dangerous situation, she usually knows how to get herself out of it. And even when she can't, she's still a smart-ass and she doesn't lose her cool.

But maybe being buried alive is already a fear of hers? Or maybe it's just that she's completely helpless and there's really nothing to fight against - all she can do is wait to die. But I agree - it'll likely be some amazing acting from Jennifer Garner. (y)

I just watched it, for once it was clear on my computer! I've never seen Syd scared for herself either, this looks interesting. I did love the dialogue between her and Vaughn before the whole incident.

I noticed that and that is what makes me most excited to see the episode. I just hope they leave her in there for awhile so we can really get some great acting like it looked in the previews. Not that I want her in there but I think it would make it more interesting.

^
Totally. Thats why im so excited! We never see Sydney really scared, so it should be different, but totally awesome!
I cant wait!

I agree. She's usually so calm, cool, and collected when she's in a dangerous situation. You never see her scared for herself.

It does make me think that being buried alive was already of fear of hers.

Yeah it definitely makes you think if she was previously scared of this particular incident. And she freaked when she shined her cellphone on the dead person next to her. I most defeinitely think that this could be the Emmy episode, I'm not positive but I think it could be.

sydsbiggestfan said:
Yeah it definitely makes you think if she was previously scared of this particular incident. And she freaked when she shined her cellphone on the dead person next to her. I most defeinitely think that this could be the Emmy episode, I'm not positive but I think it could be.
[post="1277430"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Definitely. They like emotional episodes, where an actor really has to act. And being in a coffin by yourself, would require some serious acting!

her character has had a roller-coaster ride, but this would definitely be a major fear for anyone ... and the way she has been shown to react, proves beyond a doubt that she is afraid ...

thank God she was buried with a cell-phone though ... if not, no one would ever find her ...

^ yeah definitley!(sp?) i wonder is she's gonna punch through the coffin like in Kill Bill but prop not since this is Alias-theres prop going to be an Alias twist

I personally think that being burried alive would scare anyone. But I totally agreeed that Sydney looked super scared. I kind of have a theory on that. I think that it is harder for Sydney to be scared when she is facing a person, Sark, Lauren, Sloane, her mom, etc. Because they are a single enemy she can fight. But in this case, and also in the third season, the whole thing with her scar (she seemed pretty scared there too), she doesn't have a person to fight. I might sound crazy, but I'm kind of running on fumes right now, so bear with me. At least we can take comfort in the fact that Sydney isn't going to die (I don't think even JJ could pull off killing the main character). I can't wait to find out.

ILOVEALIAS27 said:
I personally think that being burried alive would scare anyone.  But I totally agreeed that Sydney looked super scared.  I kind of have a theory on that.  I think that it is harder for Sydney to be scared when she is facing a person, Sark, Lauren, Sloane, her mom, etc.  Because they are a single enemy she can fight.  But in this case, and also in the third season, the whole thing with her scar (she seemed pretty scared there too), she doesn't have a person to fight.  I might sound crazy, but I'm kind of running on fumes right now, so bear with me.  At least we can take comfort in the fact that Sydney isn't going to die (I don't think even JJ could pull off killing the main character).  I can't wait to find out.
[post="1277913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Definitely. I totally forgot about her reaction to the scar. That was pretty scared and flipped out too.

I agree. I think if she has an enemy that she can physically fight, she seems more collected. But when it is a circumstance, I think she proves to act differently. Which I think is the reason in this particular case. Good theory!

What I think is, she knows she has the physical abilities to fend for herself. But, emotionally wise, she doesn't - Read: Vaughn/Lauren situation. Other than that, she can't fend for herself if it's against nothing physical - The scar can't be removed; the fact that she was buried in a grave with a corpse cannot be rectified, etc.

Was there really a corpse in there with her? I saw that on the promo, but I thought she was hallucinating it. If so, that'll make things even more freakishly scary.

Back