The 47th Piece

Oh my, what a great story VH. Now are your ears burning with the alocades :blush: :blush: :blush: flowing your way. I know you say you don't care much for fiction, BUT you write it wonderfully well. ;)
I can't believe you don't like ficition writing! -_-

:cool:

OK, to all you VH/shippers in order to be in her fan club you must have completedthe following. Read the Flour Moth, Endgame, and here's the hardest part, YOU MUST READ ALL OF HER COLUMNS!! They are terrific!
Then you can be a member of the Verdantheart fan club. Get reading. She has her forum with the entire list OR use her link to columns and she's just done another. :D :D

Miles away from the sun-swept courtyard, away from the man she always seemed to circle fruitlessly, Irina took a moment to rest. She trained hard, and she had certain regimens that assisted her, but there was no denying that she didn’t have quite the endurance that she used to have.

God, she missed him.

She took out the rose, which she had carefully enclosed in her jacket. Without water, it had already begun to wilt. Jack’s words came back to her. That’s why he gave it to her, she thought. She noticed that there was a small piece of paper wrapped around the stem at the base of the bloom, concealed amongst the foliage--she hadn’t noticed it in her haste. The paper was filmy, and had been tightly folded and carefully concealed and secured around the stem. She unwrapped it.

Irina--
You may find that some prizes are lost in the winning. Consider the price. I would rather have had but a few minutes more with my beloved Laura than accept the fact that you threw away the precious bloom that we might have shared.
Jack

Dammit, Jack, Irina thought, crushing the bud in her fist. Honesty is not the most important thing. Now is not the only time. You’ll see. One day, you’ll see. If I can keep from killing you.

:throb: :throb: :throb:

Oooohhhhhhhhhh

Back when I was a baby, a baby saying his prayers,
prayers soft and lonely, lonely all these days,
days that melt into nothing, and nothing left for a boy
but to hide his dreams away, hide all his dreams away

Daisies after daisies, a daisy for your floor
Ah days that melt into nothing
A promise piled to the door,
door the door was open
There's nothing left for a boy but to hide these dreams away
. . . All those dreams decay

Laura . . . know this song for always
Laura . . . show this song to no one

I had to fight for these moments, sweet moments of mine
Each line must blossom and die but my song comes strong in time
Nothing left for a boy, nothing left for a boy
But to hide those dreams away, all those dreams decay

Oh I had to fight for these moments, these sweet moments of mine
Each line must blossom, but my song comes strong in time
Although the door was open, there's nothing left for you now
But to hide your dreams away till they come into play

Laura . . . Laura . . . show this song to no one
Show this song to no one

Jeff Buckley, "Song To No One"

~ finis ~

:throb: :throb: :throb:

I hope you all enjoyed that! :smiley:

A note about Jeff Buckley:

Jeff Buckley is the artist who provided "Lover, You Should've Come Over," featured in "Snowman." Having bought the album, I discovered "So Real," another song that reminded me of Jack and Irina. Now LAUNCHcast pops up "Song to No One." What could be more appropriate for Jack and Irina, a song for a Laura, who is, in many ways, no one. Did Mr Abrams have Jeff Buckley's songs running through his head when he invented these characters, or is this simply an incidence of synchronicity?

The song really should never have been published, however. It appears on an album published posthumously--and clearly against the author's intention. The melody is oddly upbeat, in contrast with the words, and the vocal seems a bit off, but the lyrics fit nicely, so I've included them here, despite Mr Buckley's reservations. My apologies to the author.
;)

lenafan said:
I can't believe you don't like ficition writing!  -_-
Well, actually, I do, but I try to avoid writing fan fiction on general principle . . . I've been attempting to write some of my own stuff, y'know. I only know of one case where anybody got anywhere writing fan fic (Buffy, actually . . .). Alias just kinda sucked me in against my will . . .
^_^

verdantheart Posted on Aug 13 2003, 06:24 PM
~ finis ~
The end to the song or to the story, because it could be either or both. :(

verdantheart Posted on Aug 13 2003, 06:39 PM
Alias just kinda sucked me in against my will . . .

Same here. :Ph34r: Started back writing again when I discovered fan fiction. :lol: Now I'm starting a writing class next week to see if I'm good, bad or indifferent. Fun and games at college -again.

That was so fantastic!!!!! Great job and *thanks* for not making us wait until Sunday or Monday!!! :P

I love the way you include lyrics in the story. It adds a lot of personality. I just can't believe how *amazing* it is!

It's over? (Cries on the shoulders of the rest of the fan club) (Yes, I am a shipper and have read most of the columns, do you have a problem with that?) Great story. I guess I just have endgame now.

Aaaaaaah!!!!!! That's all? Finished? Over? The End? I'm going to pass out...I'm going into a comma until more comes out...I'm going to quote you at you eventually...I printed this off, now I need to read it, and then we shall see...I have been reading all along, but my :stupidomputer: wouldn't let me post, so I couldn't say anything but now--

*hyperventilates* :stretcher:

It's over? :eek: Well in that case it was wonderfully written and no matter how much you hate fanfiction it was just absoulutely brilliant. And I'm going off to check that song out now...

Your # -1 fan

:smiley: I LOVE IT! I COMMEND YOUR SUPERIOR WRITING ABILITIES (gets down on knees and bows uncontrolably)!

Well I really can't say what # fan of yours I am (because everyone else has kinda claimed them) but thats OK, I'll just say I am a HUGE fan! ;)

I think you would be #4 fan!!! THis really is amazing!!! Such a brilliant song to finish it off!!! You have a brilliant ear for where the music belongs...I'm off to re-read your columns! Should be great fun! Can't get enough of your writing!

fine then...

Verdanheart, write us a sequal please... *sniffle*

re-reads and the brilliance forces K's brain to explode :stretcher:

K. Ackles Posted on Aug 17 2003, 09:32 AM
fine then...

Verdanheart, write us a sequal please... *sniffle*

Well, she hasn't finished Endgame and I'm still waiting for the hammer to fall or the safety put on again. Hopefully she's back from short trip and will post today there.

I'm back! (I wondered for a moment, too, when that semi wandered across the line while we were passing it . . . :eek: )

Wow!!! All this praise is really encouraging--if not for my efforts here, for my efforts with "real" fiction. I just try to write something I would enjoy reading. Sometimes I go back and read over what I've written and say "Did I really write that?" Or, once in a great while, "Damn, I'm good." That's kinda fun . . .
:blush:

You have a brilliant ear for where the music belongs
Why, thank you! :D Just wait until you see what else I have chosen for "Endgame"!

Nooooooo! YOu cannot do this to me. Someone write a sequel.
Well, I don't know that there'll be a sequel to this--I'm sure the real Alias world will go off in a totally different direction! We'll see what happens and if Alias again drags me in. I've had Jack and Irina chatting inside my head for a couple of months now, and not having them there has kind of left me feeling lonely--and a little schizophrenic in retrospect ( :blink: ).
;)

verdantheart Posted on Aug 17 2003, 04:53 PM
I've had Jack and Irina chatting inside my head for a couple of months now, and not having them there has kind of left me feeling lonely--and a little schizophrenic in retrospect (  ).

Yeah, I know about that...sometimes I swear they've become members of the family. Gotta be careful about what is real and what isn't. :blink:
Glad that semi didn't wander too close. You can always write something else. Doesn't need to be a sequal. :rolleyes:

Back