Reality TV The Bachelor

hotpot

The Bubbly
Title: The Bachelor

Genre: Reality, Drama

First aired: 2002-03-25

Creator: Mike Fleiss

Cast: Chris Harrison

Overview: A single bachelor dates multiple women over several weeks, narrowing them down to hopefully find his true love.
The Bachelor

i see not a bunch of bachelor lovers here... :P

now that i think about it estella was better for bob than kelly jo but i still liked kelly jo better

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>"The Bachelor": Ladies Choice </span>

If at first (and second and third and fourth and fifth... ) you don't succeed, try, try again. But this time try it a different way.

That's the theory behind the upcoming sixth season of ABC's The Bachelor, when, instead of the producers picking a man to woo 25 bachelorettes, it's the single ladies who'll determine the stud they'll be trying to snag.

With an 0-for-5 track record so far--not one of the previous made-for-TV hook-ups lasted longer than eight months--ABC decided it was time to shake up the formula.

So now, it's up to the women. For the first time, the Bachelorettes will choose between two candidates in the Sept. 22 two-hour premiere's "Lady's Choice Ceremony," and will then spend the next seven weeks trying to get the swingin' single to make one of them his love match.

And the contenders are:

Jay Overbye, a 40-year-old real-estate broker from New Jersey. The never married former model and world traveler started and sold his own computer network company and is a self-proclaimed history buff who is very close to his family.
Byron Velvick, also 40, a California native and professional bass fisherman who was the U.S. Open champion in 1991 and 1996. The divorced Velvick claims to have never seen The Bachelor but was encouraged by family and friends to apply to be on the show.
But wait, there's more! In an effort to increase the ratings that have been sliding with each failed TV hook-up, ABC has other surprises in store for The Bachelor VI:

In addition to the 25 bachelorettes who will be introduced in the season premiere, two "all-stars"--returning contestants from past seasons of The Bachelor--will join the mix later in the season and "compete" for Overbye or Velvick's attention.
Though the two men know they are competing to become the The Bachelor, the women will not initially know they have to choose between the two. Once the choice is made between Overbye and Velvick, the winner will not know which women voted for him and which did not, but he will have to narrow the pool of bachelorettes from 25 to 15 by the end of the first episode. Unlike in seasons past, The Bachelor will live in the same house as the bachelorettes this time around.
The ages of the bachelorettes ranges from 26 to 39, skewing older than in previous seasons.

And in case this Bachelor still strikes out with his suitors, ABC can pin its hopes on The Bachelorette. The ladies version of the reality show is 2-for-2 with love matches and the network goes for a trifecta in January with Bachelor III's Jen Schefft looking for l'amour.

Will this new way of choosing work??? what do you guys think!

I must remember to watch this. Must.

The Bachelor has such a pathetic record as far as relationships actually lasting that it's probably a smart move they try something different.

Should be interesting :smiley:

Yeah, I know ... none of the Bachelor's have lasted ... and then you have the two Bachelorrettes who have lasted ... ;)

Trista and Meredith knew how to pick a man ...

Have you heard Jen Scheft is going to be the next Bachlorette? She is the woman Andrew Firestone picked when he was the Bachelor. I really liked those two together, I'm not sure how I feel about her picking some new guy. :thinking:

Oh, and as far as the other relationships lasting, I think Andrew and Jen were the ones that came the closest. She actually moved to be with him whereas all the others fell apart shortly after filming. I read some speculation that the guys don't want to settle down once they become 'famous' and see all these gorgeous women want them. :lol:

who would want that ... yeah, Jen is the next Bachelorette ... should be interesting to see how she is gonna be like ... "I am falling in love with you" ... and then say ... "Oops, I told Andrew too" ...

This Wednesday is the Premiere night for the Bachelor ... I got to remember to tape it ... since I will be working double shift again ... :thud:

Ick. Gogo, why do we watch this show? :lol: I can't believe they picked the fisherman guy. By rights, shouldn't all the women who picked Jay be thinking about leaving? Or are they like that Krista chick who just wants to 'win'?

By the way, I HATE! her already. :rip:

Shoooooooooooooooooot. :(

Sorries Gogo! I didn't watch the whole two hour thing, just the last hour or so. I find all the 'get to know the bachelor and the ladies' boring.

yep, it was boring ... and the fish guy was talking bad about Jay ... and his saying was ... "the only thing between me and these 25 women is Jay" ... and then he said when he first saw Jay ... "he is just a guy with an old age look" ... - well, he didn't use those words ... ;)

anyway, how could these women pick the fish man??? he divorced because he didn't want a woman who went out partying ... as he loves staying at home ... and then they show the clips for this season, and he kisses every single women ... not that its bad, but I mean, if you are looking for true love you are not gonna kiss every single one ... knowing you are gonna break hearts and all ...

and he chooses 15 girls, but I am pretty sure he already have his top 3 ... he left some great women out (competition for the Top 3) and then left other women, not perfect looking ... so, I am not sure if at the end he will stay with the one he chooses ... he looks too boring for me ...

but can't wait for the bomb-shell for this week ...

OK ... I just plain hate Byron right now ... he is such a drag to watch ...

First, he goes on a one-and-one date with Cherese, and she tells him that she is a little scared about him, since he is a divorced man, and then he goes to say that you should be scared by a 40-year-old man, who hasn't been married as yet (he means Jay), and says he showed he is a committed man in a relationship ... that's such bull ...

Then, one of the girls, decides to leave the show ... because she has a boy-friend, and misses him and she doesn't want to stay on the show and so, she leaves a note for him ... and when Byron reads the note, he says ... "such bull" ... and still he wishes her all the best ... annoying as hell that Byron is ... :angry:

Then he chooses 10 women, only 2 blondes, who I think are not going anywhere ... and the rest are the most beautiful ones, brunettes, and as I said before ... he already knows who he wants to marry ...

I have a hunch who the lucky one is ... ;) even the Top 3 choices ... but I am not gonna spoil, but he is such a predictable man ... (n)

:lol: I haven't watched the latest one yet (damn Apprentice being on at the same time), but I'm attempting to find someplace to download it ;)

I can't comment yet on the latest episode, but Byron seems like such a cheesy guy from what I've seen. I'm kinda getting the Bob Guiney vibe from him .... and I loooooathe Bob now.

I don't really like him ... so, I might not watch anymore ... but believe me if it was Jay ... I would watch again and again ... he is such a cutie ... :blush:

TV show information provided by The Movie Database
Back