The Beauty of the Rain

Title: "The Beauty of the Rain"

Author: SVAriel

Summary: VAUGHN POV! S/V go to Santa Barbara, semi-alternate universe. The fight with Francie didn't happen, no one knows about her second double status yet. So Syd and Vaughn end up going to SB that weekend.

Rating: R to NC-17

Disclaimer: Like anyone from ABC reads this stuff...

A/N: Feedback's good, I mean how many time has that line been used. Critiques are good too...so ENJOY!

Soundtrack: "The Beauty of the Rain" by Dar Williams (not usually my style but good)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked along the beach alone. It was far too early for anyone to be wandering the shores like we were. The cool, wet sand under my feet relaxed me and made me feel free. It made me feel like the hassles of my job didn't exist; like the constant anxiety that everyone endured had somehow vanished into a salty breeze. I held her hand, fingers entwined, as we walked aimlessly, watching our feet scuttle in rhythm on the sand.

It was nearly three in the morning, but we hadn't slept at all. The boardwalk that lined the shore had gone quiet and motionless. The bars and clubs that always seemed active and in motion had hushed and were dark behind the iced windows.

With Sydney, the silence was something that was comfortable. I never found myself lost in an acquired moment, trying to find common ground between us, because our whole lives were common ground. We continued our walk for ten more minutes until she stopped abruptly. She turned to me and smiled. Her dimples flashed and the grin that seized my face was inevitable, it always was when she was around. She grabbed my other hand in her own and looked at me like I had said something complimentary, something that would receive an "Awww" by an audience if there was one. But I had said nothing, I had merely enjoyed her company, but I hadn't even voiced that much.

"What?" I said laughing slightly. With Sydney, I had learned not to be fazed by random words, random thoughts, anything that belonged in the random category.

She just smiled even larger and shook her head, her slight giggle barely audible. She looked down at her feet sheepishly, shaking her head again, like I had missed the punchline of an important joke. I laughed again, but I was laughing only to hide my confusion. What had I missed? I lifted her chin to look at me.

"What's so funny?" I asked, leaning towards her. We were so close that with each of my words my lips grazed hers ever so slightly.

"Nothing's funny...I'm just- I can't believe I'm with you," she said, looking into my eyes like she was staring at something precious or valuable. I felt like leaping. I felt like running along the beach yelling "Sydney Bristow is glad to be with ME!" I, of course, couldn't be more happy about that fact.

I smiled in return and leaned closer to her, my nose touching hers affectionately. I breathed her in, intaking her scent, breathing in the moment. I leaned my forehead against hers and just watched her eyes watching mine. I moved my lips to hers, touching them sweetly, gently. I smoothed my mouth over hers, pressing a little more effectively to her. I moved my hands to her waist and pulled her closer to me, leaving no space between our bodies. She accepted my kiss eagerly and massaged my tongue with her own, opening her mouth to let me explore hers more efficiently. She placed her hands on the sides of my neck, massaging small circles with her thumbs onto my neck. I only tightened my grip around her as the kiss deepened and the gently breeze flew around us.

I pulled back, the lack of oxygen making me breathless, atleast I told myself it was that and not the sensation Sydney gave me. I rested my forehead upon hers and whispered gently to her mouth, my lips rubbing hers with each word-

"Would you believe me if I told you that I loved you?" I asked, dipping in for a quick kiss and pulled her waist closer into mine. I looked in her eyes like I knew what she would say in return, because I did, I had always known.

Her eyes widened slightly, I hadn't said it before. But the moment of shock or disbelief, maybe both, passed and she smiled. A smile that I had never seen grace her features before. She smiled like the only world she knew was the one in front of her. She smiled like I had made her every dream come true, that I had saved the world, like I had saved her.

She kissed me again, closing her eyes tightly and then released and hugged me tightly. Her arms hugged my neck securely and I held her waist just as tightly. She whispered to my ear quietly, "Would you believe me if I told you that I love you too?" And the only thing I could do was pull her to me and kiss her. I kissed her like without her I wouldn't live, without her nothing would ever be right in the world again. I kissed her like if I didn't, I would explode, like everything in me would be a waste and that my life would serve purpose no longer. I kissed her, touched her, held her like I needed to, because I knew that I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've got another chapter typed up, just finishing it up, it shuold be up by tomorrow, hehe...Maybe today.

Aliasgirl47 said:
It's good and has awesome description but since it is rated R to NC-17, it belongs in the R fanfics forum!
um hum. you can ask one of the admins to move it since Alias Elle isn't here. but other than that such a sweet start ^_^ i love it already :D
--mandy :angelic:

Back