Season 3 The code and the key

crazy spinster said:
while dissociative identity disorder is a perfectly good explanation for the julia/sydney problem, i feel like it's too...obvious and simple for something as complicated as alias. there's gotta be more to it than that.
I don't think that Syd having MPD is too obvious or simple because I never would have picked up on it if I weren't doing a major research paper on the disorder now. I originally thought that Julia was her DNA double! now i realize it must be her because of the MPD

Alias_Gay said:
and has anyone thought of the possibility that maybe Irina and Julia didn't interact ... it is not 100% sure that they did ... evrybody is speculating here ... and not even Sydney is sure she could have been in contact with her ...
That's possible, but it's most likely they did because someone taught Julia the code and that someone is most likely Irina and not third party that she taught it to (I think we can pretty confidently rule out Jack). I suspect this cipher was created for a specific purpose--perhaps specifically for Julia's use--and she would not want it in the hands of very many people. Perhaps only Julia's, her own, and Jack's.

and no, he did not de-code it ... he  said so himself ...
It's probable that he didn't because it was Irina's code. But I wouldn't say he didn't because he said so!

I'm sitting here laughing to myself because I know that if everyone were out here saying Irina is evil and behind it all, I would be devil's-advocating the reasons that she might be helping things out instead of pointing out all the ways she might be harming Sydney and Jack.
:lol:

Barlowe Girl said:
I don't think that Syd having MPD is too obvious or simple because I never would have picked up on it if I weren't doing a major research paper on the disorder now. I originally thought that Julia was her DNA double! now i realize it must be her because of the MPD
multiple personality disorder just seems too soap opera-ish for alias, in my opinion. (even though the missing two years thing was really bordering on it...)

I'm sitting here laughing to myself because I know that if everyone were out here saying Irina is evil and behind it all, I would be devil's-advocating the reasons that she might be helping things out instead of pointing out all the ways she might be harming Sydney and Jack.

you're evil, vh. <_< just kidding. ^_^

I wonder why Irina didn't ask more questions of Jack in the chatroom about Syd. The woman just found out that her daughter was alive. Don't you think she would want to know some more specifics???

jack and irina were working together to try to find Sydney's killer. which led to jack finding out she was alive. it just doesn't make sense that irina was in contact with Sydney and didn't tell Jack after he got out of prison.

i'm thinking Sloane had something to do with Sydney's disappearance. or at the very least that he's formed a plan to get back at her for betraying him at sd-6.

sdmix said:
jack and irina were working together to try to find Sydney's killer. which led to jack finding out she was alive.
Irina's help need have had nothing to do with Jack's discovery. It was his own video bug planted as part of his own surveillance mission. Nothing he said suggested that Irina had anything to do with it. (In fact, it sounded like it might have happened incidentally to a CIA mission he had been assigned to, although the circumstances weren't made entirely clear.) My impression was that Irina was not involved and that was partly why Jack was not surprised by Irina's show of surprise at his announcement that she was alive.
;)

well, it's obvious that (try to follow this madness) "julia" knew that she was syd cuz she sent that letter to herself no? well, if Julia knew about syd/herself then she would most likely know about her parents right? so it could be possible that julia intercepted Jack and Irinas convos, and used the code to write to syd/herself. that way no one could break it and syd would obviously show Jack, and of course jack would know it. see...so julia could've used irinas code so that only syd and Jack could read it. :blink: so i hope this made sense to ya'll cuz all of my friends think I go crazy when i share this theory.

Yes, I suggested that Julia could be acting independently, knowing that Jack could break the code for her "on the other side" (when she was again Sydney). However, she would have to know about Irina's interaction with Jack.
;)

verdantheart said:
Well, it's pretty clear she knew somewhere along the line, and I bet it was before Jack knew, with her contacts (assuming she wasn't behind the disappearance or transformation). You explain it to me.
-_-
LEna Olin won't return for this season... so how will they make such an integral part of the plot surround her. I know I'm thinking outside of the "Alias" world, but it's true right... they can't really say that Dereveko knew where Syd was when in fact she won't appear in this season.

I miss her though... why won't she sign... money money -_-

I don't think it's about money. It's not always about money. They offered her "Sharon Stone" money. She couldn't have expected more. I think it came down to she didn't want to do it and she she wanted the negotiations to break down so that we'd blame it on the producers, nameless suits, not her. You don't want to do it? Fine. I can accept that. But I really don't appreciate the games and being strung along for months. That's the sort of thing that Vaughn does to Alice.
^_^

I wonder if she'd be doing it if she'd won the Emmy? It's not a nice thing to say, but I have a feeling she would.

Azalea said:
I wonder if she'd be doing it if she'd won the Emmy? It's not a nice thing to say, but I have a feeling she would.
God, I hope that doesn't make a difference!
:blink:

verdantheart said:
However, she would have to know about Irina's interaction with Jack.
;)
maybe julia was keeping tabs on jack because she knew that he would be trying to find her and she didn't want to be found...so she knew about the convos with irina. :blink: complicated-ness...

Back