The Eagle Series

Martin

Cadet
It's been a while since I read these books but I feel like they're definitely worth the recommendation and a general recognition.

The Eagle Series is a series of books, by Simon Scarrow, revolving around two men serving in the Roman legions during the reign of Claudius. For those that are a bit rusty on their history that puts us around 41 - 54 AD. In the first book Under the Eagle we meet a young man called Quintus Licinius Cato. Born a slave but made free after his father's death. On the condition that he joined the Eagles.

Not suited for the life at the time, he takes it up. Once he gets to the legions he is placed under the command of newly appointed centurion Lucius Cornelius Macro.

I don't want to give too much away because the books are really a great read. So far there are eleven books with the twelfth one nearing release. I would highly recommend these books to anyone, even if they might not be history freaks ( :geek: ) like me. The plot is filled with intrigues, blood, romance etc.. And the characters and the dynamic between the different characters really is great. Simon Scarrow brings back life to the story and you can really see his main characters having been real, as if it was history being presented.

Simon Scarrow - Wikipedia - If you want to know more. I suppose that is as good as any.
Simon Scarrow Shop - His personal website. Beware, the design could cause severe injuries or even death.

Back