The Finals Performance, Sept 14, 2009

America's Got Talent - The Finals. Wednesday's show will have the results.

SIO's Choices
1. Barbara Padilla
2. Texas Tenors
The Texas Tenors have a good chance after Barbara Padilla. They both meet the challenge to sing great weekly, look comfortable performing, they have the polish needed to be a headline act. Both acts have perfect pitch and great stage presence. It's a tossup between these two on who will win, but both will get contracts.

Good, but not good enough to headline
3. Drew Stevens also looks comfortable performing onstage. He doesn't have perfect pitch, but there isn't anything wrong with it on the other hand. Many pop/rock/country performers don't have perfect singing voices either. Drew will get a contract as a soft rock act even if he doesn't win. He could get a contract.
4. Lawrence Beamen: A great performance of a Barry White classic, but he lacks stagecraft. He needs to improve his presentation.
5. Kevin Skinner: he's similar to Drew, but lacks his presentation skills. He could get a country contract, but he has to have more seasoning.

6. Recycled Percussion - I now see that they have the possibilty to be the new "Blue Man Group". Very innovative. Their best performance.
7. Grandma Lee: she was very good, but she's only an opening act. I don't think she can headline.

Not Good Enough
8. Hairo Torres - He's good at what he does, but now that I think about it, Hairo probably doesn't have the range of dance styles of the "So You Think You Can Dance" contestants.
9. Voices of Glory - Only the youngest sister is really good. I think that younger sister's voice needs more seasoning. That will come with maturity and more training.
10. Fab Five - Not enough material for a 60, 90, 120 minute Las Vegas show. Opening act material.

Back