The Lake

Well, Michael has a week to figure out what he's going to say to Sydney, to tell her how he feels about her. Or will he just sit back and let her go, since he'll be leaving for college?

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

yay! now they can get 2gether and i can be at peace... and did syd never learn that it's best to hear the whole thing before you make conclusions? guess not... hehe. loved both updates!

That was great ... cant believe he yelled at her like that ... poor Syd ... aww Julian broke up with her at the first sign of Lauren being interested ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

OO man if only Syd would have heard the whole conversation!!!!
-HA for once I'm actually happy with Lauren!!!! I just hope that when Syd and Vaughn get together she won't try anything stupid!!!!
-Great update!! Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!

Awesome two chappies. Yay! Sark and Syddie broke up. Now...all Vaughn needs to do is ask her out, he doesn't have to wait now! Thanks for the PM's. I'll check back Tuesday. :smiley:

-erin :smiley:

oh yeah ask her out vaughn
oknow/....have u asked....no...y
ok ok thaks for the pm
and sorry their pissing u off again :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I'm sort of having computer problems... as in my computer won't turn on... it's dead... not just resting.

Ah, poor Alonso. He lived a good, but short life. :(

So, I backed up the files with the next update, but it's at home, so if I can't figure out something here, then the next update will be in... 2 weeks? I hope. :( Sorry.

:love:
~Anja

So, here's the final chapter of part one. Part two starts on Tuesday (next Tuesday). :D Hope you enjoyed the first summer!!!

Chapter 10

The next three weeks passed quickly. They were filled with training between Vaughn and Sydney, and they were happy to see a definite improvement between them and their playing. And before they knew it, they were waking up to the day of the competition.

“Syd,” Nadia groaned as she shook Sydney awake, “Get up. I know it’s early but Vaughn wants to talk to you about today.”

“Mmmm Vaughn,” Sydney groaned.

“No,” Nadia laughed, “Vaughn’s downstairs, and he’s waiting for you.”

“No, too early.”

“Syd, if you don’t get up right now, I’ll send Vaughn up here to do it for me,” Nadia threatened.

Sydney opened her eyes and jumped out of bed, “I’m up!”

Nadia laughed, shaking her head, and left the room.

A few minutes later, Sydney went down and met Vaughn in the living room, “Hey,” he said with a smile, “Today’s the day.”

“Yeah, it is,” Sydney replied with a smile, “Do you think we’re ready?” she asked.

“Of course. You trained with me, so we’ll be ready for anything.”

Sydney laughed “Well, we don’t have to be at the courts for two hours, want to go for a run or just a walk on the sand?” she asked.

He smiled and nodded, “Let’s go.”

They ran for a while in silence before they stopped for some water, “Are you nervous?” she asked.

“For the tournament?”

“No, for school.”

“Terrified. There won’t be any more sheltering attitudes from teachers. But it should be fun; it’s supposed to be fun, right?”

“That’s what they say…”

“It’ll be a different experience.”

“Yeah,” Sydney sighed.

“We should start going up to the courts,” he suggested.

“That’s a good idea, considering they’re about 45 minutes away from here.”

“We ran pretty far, didn’t we?”

“We sure did.”

The tournament was going well. Vaughn and Sydney had won their first five matches, and were in the finals against two people from the other end of the beach who they had never met before. They were tough competition, but they ended up winning all rounds and came out as that year’s champions.

“We did it!” Sydney squealed once they had been declared the winners. “We won!”

“And now that cup is ours forever, as long as you want to work for it!” he joked.

“Well, this summer was pretty fun; it gave me something to do.”

“You would have found something else; someone else.”

“No, there was nothing else I wanted more,” she whispered.

Vaughn looked as if he was about to kiss her, but he coughed and pulled away, “Syd, Vaughn you did it!” Nadia squealed from behind them. She hugged her sister tightly and then hugged Vaughn too. “You guys kicked ass!”

“Thanks,” Sydney laughed, “But Vaughn did most of the work,” she said.

“No,” Vaughn shook his head, “It was an equal effort. You totally kicked ass with your backhand.”

“Thanks,” she sighed. “Oh, there’s mom and dad. I’ll see you guys later, alright?”

“See you, Syd.” Vaughn sighed.

Nadia and Sydney walked off together towards their parents, “He likes you,” Nadia sighed.

The next day, Sydney went back to the recreation centre to look at their championship cup. It had been engraved the night before, and was now in the hall of fame type area.

S. Bristow & M. Vaughn
Tennis Doubles 2004

“Our names will be there forever,” Vaughn came in from behind her. Sydney gasped. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“You seem to do that a lot. I think I’ll invest in a bell collar for you this year,” she joked.

“Can it be spiky and cool?” he asked.

“Of course. And it’ll say ‘butch’ on the front so everyone can know how manly and dangerous you are.”

“Right, dangerous.”

They stood and looked at the cup for a few minutes, “Look at that!” Vaughn said with excitement.

L. Wiwzaruk & J. Bristow
Tennis Double 1969

“My parents!” Sydney gasped, “They won the trophy!”

“Yeah, in the summer of ’69!” he laughed.

“I knew they were friends before they dated, but I didn’t know how long they knew each other,” she sighed.

“Who knows what’ll happen next!” he laughed.

“I’m going to miss this during the year.”

“Me too.”

Sydney sighed, “We can still keep in touch via email and phone though, right?”

“Of course,” he said. “You already have my email address, and I’ll get you my phone number when I get it from the dorm people.”

“I’m leaving tomorrow,” she said suddenly. “My parents told me today. We’re not going to be up for the long weekend.”

Vaughn looked disappointed, “Oh. Well, I’m going to have to say goodbye now I guess. My dad needs to take me into town for something tonight, and we’re staying overnight.”

“Well I guess this is goodbye,” she sighed.

“I guess it is.”

“Thanks for such a great summer,” she said sincerely.

“Same to you. Good luck this year. Get good grades.”

She laughed, “I think I should be saying that to you.”

“It’s a given. You don’t have to say it out loud.” Vaughn looked at his watch, “Um, I hate to say this, but I’ve got to meet my dad in a few minutes. So, I have to go.”

“Thanks for everything, Vaughn,” she said and kissed his cheek before turning away.

Maybe next summer will be different, Sydney thought as she walked away.

And Wiwzaruk is a Polish name, not Russian, but I didn't want to use Derevko for some reason... I don't know why... :sigh:

Also, I will be sending PMs out for now. Mostly because they're actually working for me now. :D

That was great, of course they won the tourney! That's cool that her parents won it too. Now they just have to realize they need to be together.
Great update
Thanks for the PM

Back