Drama The Passion of the Christ (2004)

can't wait to see it when it arrives ...

I am pretty sure it won't arrive in theaters here in Aruba until Easter ... and
it wil be for sure sold-out for a couple of nights ...

i finally go to see this much anticipated movie and i left the theater mid-way through...to go throw up...literally.

maybe it's just because i am really bad with handling gore and stuff like that, but i honestly don't know how anyone could sit through that...

twinzz2003 said:
I know a guy who went to it 3 times, and a lot of people said they were going to go see it again..
I work in a restraunt, and I over heard a woman telling her friends what a great movie it was. I went over to her to agree, and we started talking and she told me that she had seen it 8 times, was seeing it again the next day, and would go see as many times as possible until it came out on video. I told her she was crazy, she just laughed at me and said 'no it was just an awesome movie'

[quote name='Vaughn's girl_1' date='Apr 2 2004, 12:14 AM']I work in a restraunt, and I over heard a woman telling her friends what a great movie it was. I went over to her to agree, and we started talking and she told me that she had seen it 8 times, was seeing it again the next day, and would go see as many times as possible until it came out on video. I told her she was crazy, she just laughed at me and said 'no it was just an awesome movie'[/quote]
:blink: i just don't get what the fuss is about...even though I didn't make it to the end, what I did see I wasn't too impressed about...Even if I didn't THROW UP mid way through it I still think I would have left the theater saying, "I hated that movie."

From a filmmaking point of view, it was beautifully shot, but the editing was appalling! I think they ran out of material, and would have been better off showing the last 24 or 48 hours of his life, rather than the last 12. Even with the flashbacks, it was very hard to understand what had made Jesus a figure worshipped by so many peole. We didn't get to really see the man before he was covered in prosthetics and nailed to the cross.
This film is being shown in a number of Middle Eastern countries, and to an audience like that who is completely uneducated about Christianity, the film would be impossible to interpret. I am a Catholic but don't know that much about the Bible, and felt completely lost at the significance of the various characters.
On another note, the Romans DID kill him in this film. I don't hear the Italians complaining!

Natalia said:
This film is being shown in a number of Middle Eastern countries, and to an audience like that who is completely uneducated about Christianity, the film would be impossible to interpret. I am a Catholic but don't know that much about the Bible, and felt completely lost at the significance of the various characters.
I'm not catholic, but I've read most of the bible and I've studied it in class, and I still had a hard time following all the characters. I went with some friends who are very religious and know a lot about catholicism... so I asked them who some of the characters were, and there were a few where they were like "I *think* that was..."

This film is R for a very good reason. Gibson himself said that this movie wouldn't be appropriate for children under 12. However, I found myself reading an article by Stephen King about his encounter with an 8 yr old girl who went to see the movie with her mom. He talked about how the people who worked in the theater were telling her that it wasn't appropriate for her, but the mom said "she can just close her eyes." Well, considering the amount of gore in the movie, the little girl got tired of hiding her eyes after half an hour. King said that the rest of the time, she just stared at the screen... and she looked like she will probably have nightmares of a bloodied, crucified Jesus with one eye swollen shut for a looong time. That poor little girl. I understand that the mom wanted her to watch such a moving movie... but come on! At 8? How much is she actually going to be able to understand? This movie isn't going anywhere... when the girl was older, they could have rented it.

Existentialist said:
This film is R for a very good reason. Gibson himself said that this movie wouldn't be appropriate for children under 12. However, I found myself reading an article by Stephen King That poor little girl. I understand that the mom wanted her to watch such a moving movie... but come on! At 8? How much is she actually going to be able to understand? This movie isn't going anywhere... when the girl was older, they could have rented it.
I didn't want my 13 year old sister to see, there's no way I let an 8 year old. It's to violent for small children, but for the most part they don't understand the depth of it anyway, so why make them sit through it? That's just wrong.

my sister is 8 and i cant imagine her seeing it. i was showing her a couple clips from alias tonight and one of them was the s/v hospital scene in The Counteragent. She couldn't even stand it when syd took vaughn's blood (neither could i really, i hate needles!) i dont know how she would live seeing The Passion.