Politics the popular crowd

Well I've always been pseudo-popular as I like to call it. But for some reason I don't really see popularity going around in my school. People are clicky sometimes but that's about it. Some people just have personalities that you can't stand and they think they are popular and all. :rolleyes: But I love walking around and have mainly sophmores go "Look it's the Freshmen, they think they're so cool!" :lol: Quite frankly besides the "Sophmores that I wouldn't mind dropping dead" I don't really see a problem. It was really funny though when I got annoyed and just told them "I am cool...you better believe it hun!" It's all self-confidence. I don't know I don't know exactly how to relate this...cause I have quite a confusing and crazy personality. But just don't let the jerks in like get it you. Quite frankly not all popular people are mean and nasty. I swear we're not! ;)

DoNtFrOsTtHePiE 47 said:
I know not ALL are.. and i think its great u are popular for having good grades and a good personality etc. I think that we need more of that... as for me well I am going to be a 9th grader so im back at the bottom... oh well IM SOOOOOO EXCITED! ^_^
grr! i'm back on the bottom again too! (n)

DoNtFrOsTtHePiE 47 said:
I know not ALL are.. and i think its great u are popular for having good grades and a good personality etc. I think that we need more of that... as for me well I am going to be a 9th grader so im back at the bottom... oh well IM SOOOOOO EXCITED! ^_^
eeeeee do you realize this is going to be the first time we really experience a *popular* crowd and the "jocks" and "goths" and "nerds" ... this year's gonna be quite interesting :lol:

Yeah, with my old tiny school, we managed to form little cliques as much as possible :D Puh, what can you do with 30 so people in your grade? :lol: Did I mention for nine years? So yeah, this year I'll be a freshman and it's going to be quite different. I'm exciited but a little nervous :thinking: :D

Popularity is a false illusion. They think everyone likes them...not a chance in hell. One day they'll wake up and smell the roses. Don't worry your head off, and don't feel sorry for them either.

I think popularity is overrated. It's the people who worship them that are worse...it's just *gag* :o_O: People are nothing without their followers.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
Popularity is a false illusion. They think everyone likes them...not a chance in hell. One day they'll wake up and smell the roses. Don't worry your head off, and don't feel sorry for them either.

I think popularity is overrated. It's the people who worship them that are worse...it's just *gag* :o_O: People are nothing without their followers.
That is very true...I can think of a certain situation that occured this year that is entirely based on that. Well that isn't entirely true...you could always find other followers like strange Juniors. :lol:

Yeah, the popular kids do tend to be the risk takers who are a bit mean, but the kids at my MS and HS (even though its more like there's a few popular groups, not just one), i've always gotten along with the popular kids. we were sort of friendly, if not friends. it's sort of like, i leave you alone, you leave me alone, and i really haven't been bothered by them.

popularity isn't real important but for some people it drives em to do more things they wouldn't do. that can go the bad way or good way. i just think it's important to be outgoing and not so uptight. i crack jokes all the time but never against anyone. it's just how i am.

Hmm when i was in hs i wasnt popular i acne and i was slightly overweight but then my parents made me start to work out and i went to a dermatolagist and things got a little better eventually i started looking healthier and skinnier and now i think i look pretty good... i should show a pic of my early days...

College isn't as bad as high school, but there still is a popular crowd, but I float between them with no problem. In college the girls aren't as rude to me for hanging out with guys as the girls were in high school. So overall, college is refreshing because I have more popularity. But popularity is overrated because one mistake and you're out. :rolleyes:

my school is actually pretty good with the whole popluar and not so popluar groups
everyone is mostly nice to each other
except for some of the girls who arent the nicest people in the world
but otherwise its pretty good

Jaimie said:
College isn't as bad as high school, but there still is a popular crowd, but I float between them with no problem.  In college the girls aren't as rude to me for hanging out with guys as the girls were in high school.
[post="1408693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Really?

It's nothing like that in Australia. People are past having popular groups and things like that, and plenty of the students are 'mature age' - meaning over 21. I am a 'mature age' student, and if anybody tried any of that teenage popularity rubbish in my course I would laugh out loud. :lol:

But I suppose in America there is more emphasis on social groups and there's all that sorority stuff that doesn't exist overseas.

It's really more like the jocks are celebrities and everyone else is everyone else. See, i go to U of M and jocks are royalty. And being friends with jocks makes you royalty by association. I was in a class with a couple of jocks and we hang out quite a bit now, but i couldn't careless about the popularity. They're just some real nice guys. :lol:

At my school we don't have a 'popular croud'. i live in an OK sized community but most of the kids at school are pretty nice. At school we have a science-nerd croud, an I'm-all-that-and-i-know-it-and-you-know-it-but-i-won't-be-rude-about-it croud, and a military croud... But most kids at school hang out in all crouds.

The only simi-bad/funny thing is that all crouds consider the JROTC (Military croud) The Hitler Youth lol :D

i'm not part of the popular crowd and that makes me extremely happy. where i live, many of the popular people are stupid, annoying, sl**, any mix or all of the above. i like not being part of the popular crowd because it reminds me that i don't need constant reassuring to make me feel good about myself, i don't need to put other people down to make me feel special. i love my friends. i wouldn't trade them for the world. i would rather the popular crowd teased and harrassed me every day than be a part of it. just my two cents.

m-c

Back