The Price of Fame

How come there's not more? :cry: I was so enjoying myself. Although I should really go finish my pysch homework since I have class in 2 hours and I still need to shower and get ready. But that doesn't stop me from wanting more.

So this has really been posted at SD-1? And Allies? How is it possible that I haven't come across it yet? :thinking: I really do love it so very much, I'll have to find it when SD-1 goes back up so I can ask to be on your PM list over there. This really is a wonderful story you have created here. I can't wait to see where you take it from here.

~mel~

We are already at Chapter 12. Not many people are rewiewing, that's not very encouraging for me to continue but I'm dedicating this new chapter to the people that have reviewed so far and seem to enjoy reading the story. Enjoy and if you want, let me know what you think.

Chapter 12

A NEW BEGINNING

“ Ok, we have to do a little bit of sightseeing before we leave tonight.” Sydney said as she pulled on Vaughn’s arm.

“ Can we stay in bed a little longer?”

“ Oh, My god Michael, it’s after 12:00…so that mean, we only have 6 hours to go sightseeing…so get your gorgeous ass out of bed and let’s go. I want to buy Francie and Will some souvenirs.” Sydney said as she raced him to the shower.

After 30 minutes in the shower, they finally got dressed and ready to go do some serious shopping, well at least Sydney was. Vaughn decided to tag along just so that he could spend the afternoon with her before their flight tonight. Vaughn and Sydney got in their rented car and drove for a while in silence, each thinking that tonight, they would have to say goodbye to each other. Sydney had to go to New York to pack her stuff and to talk to Francie and Will about her moving to Los Angeles with Michael. She decided to break the news as gently as possible to Alex on the plane and then, they would have to come up with some kind of solution regarding her departure from the Ford Agency in New York for something else waiting for her in L.A. She knows that Alex will miss her as a client but they are friends and friends visit each other, Sydney thought to herself, “it’s not like I’m moving on a remote island, I’m moving to L.A., Alex loves Los Angeles and now there will be another reason for her to come there more often.” At that thought, she broke into a smile.

“ What are you thinking about?” Vaughn asked after watching her for a few minutes

“ Alex and how she’s going to react to my moving with you to L.A.” she said looking at him

“ And?”

“ I was thinking that I could break it to her very gently on the plane, since we’ll be stuck together for at least 12 hours, she’ll have no choice but to talk to me eventually.” Sydney replied with a smirk on her face

“ Talk about entrapment,” Vaughn said with a laugh, “no, seriously how do you think she’s going to react to the news?”

“ Michael, I’ve known her for a few years now…and all I can tell you is that she’s going to be happy that I have found you…but the moving to L.A. thing, …that I really don’t know.”

“ Want me to be there with you when you talk to her?” Vaughn said keeping an eye on Sydney while continuing to watch the rode.

“ No, I think that I have to do this on my own…but what about you…have you told Eric about us moving in together.”

“ I told Eric yesterday that I was planning on ask you to move in with me, he even volunteered to help me with the preparations for last night but the only thing he doesn’t know, is that you said “yes” to my proposition, but he’s going to be so happy for us.” Vaughn said while grabbing her hand in his.

“ Eric is such a great guy and since he’s your best friend, I’m happy that he likes me.”

“ Syd, you don’t need to worry, Eric loves you…well not the same way I do of course,” Vaughn said in a huge laugh because if he did, I would have to beat the felgercarb out of him.”

“ Ahhhhhhhh, such a gentleman Mr. Vaughn.” Sydney said as she reached over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
“ I try.” Vaughn said as he kissed her hand

They finally arrived at this small market place where locals have set-up booths with everything tourists might want to purchase while on vacation. Sydney was looking at clothes for her and Francie when Vaughn said that he wanted to go check out the men section a little further. Sydney just waived him to go and continued to look around. Vaughn gave her a quick kiss on the lips and started walking in the opposite direction when he suddenly saw a small jewelry store and on an impulse, he walked in and started looking around, he didn’t know what he was looking for but all he knew was that he would know when he found it. A nice looking man all dress in white emerged from behind the counter and came over to see if Vaughn needed any help.

“ Good afternoon Sir, may I help you with something?” the man said with a big smile

“ I don’t know, I’m just looking.” Vaughn said as he looked around the store

“ Is this for someone special?”

Vaughn started smiling, “ very special.”

“ In that case, I think I have something over here that might interest you.” The man said as he got behind the counter and took out his best stuff.

Vaughn was looking at the magnificent display of jewelry and could make up his mind of what he wanted to buy for Sydney. The man saw the hesitation and decided to ask Vaughn a few questions.

“ Sir, is this for an engagement?”

Vaughn was caught by surprise by the question, he knew that he was in love with Sydney but engagement, not yet but eventually down the road, yes, definitely.

“ No, we just started dating and I…. huh, I mean …we…are not ready for this and at the same time, something caught Vaughn’s eye as he picked it up and a huge smile appeared across his face…”yes, I think I just found what I was looking for.”

“ Very good Sir, I’m sure that your lady friend will absolutely love it.” The man said while putting the item in a beautiful black box and wishing Vaughn good luck with his lady friend.

Vaughn walked out of the jewelry store and started walking in search of Sydney. He started laughing when he saw her at the same spot he had left her 20 minutes ago, she was now bargaining with one of the locals about some ugly statue that was suppose to bring good fortune to its owner. As soon as she saw him, she paid the guy his money and came over to give him a big kiss on the lips.

“ Hey you, look what I bought.” She said with a big smile on her face

“ My god, it’s ugly.” Vaughn said with a big laugh

“ I didn’t buy it for its beauty silly, it’s suppose to bless someone’s home and bring good fortune.”

“ Oh, in that case, it’s going to fit really well with us.” Vaughn responded while looking at the strange statue.

“ So did you buy anything?” she asked while putting her arm underneath his.

“ Nope.” He lied to her

“ Ok, Sydney said while looking at her watch, we have just enough time to do one more store before we have to get back to the hotel, it’s a store that Alex told me about because it’s suppose to have the most beautiful jewelry on the island and I want to buy Francie a nice pair of earrings.”

They were walking on the same street that Vaughn was walking a little while ago, Vaughn’s face dropped when he saw Sydney stopping in front of same jewelry store that he was in not so long ago. Sydney squealed with delight that they had found it so quickly.

“ Michael, here it is, we found it, let’s go in.” Sydney said with a big smile

“ That’s great Syd, I’m right behind you.”

As soon as they had walked in, the man dressed in white came to great them with his most beautiful smile. He recognized Vaughn immediately and was about to say something to that nature when Vaughn said to the man that his girlfriend was looking for some earrings for her roommate and that they were in a hurry since they were leaving the island tonight. The man in white nodded as he understood that he was not suppose to say anything about the purchase that had been done by Vaughn since the gift was for the beautiful woman he was with. Both men smiled at each other as a sign that they had to kept the secret. Sydney was looking around the store until Vaughn helped her choose a beautiful pair of golden loops with tiny colored stones on them. Sydney paid for her purchase and when they were about to leave the store, the man in white gave them his words of wisdom “ Cherish your love every day and you’ll be in love for eternity.” After thanking the man for his kind words, they got back in the car and drove back to the hotel.

They were both packing their suitcases and feeling kinda sad that their journey on this island was over but the promise they have made to each other will continue beyond the superficies of this mass of water. They will only be apart a few days as they have a few things to straighten out and then, Sydney will be moving in to Vaughn’s house and permanently into his life. Vaughn was holding the black box in his hands and after dropping his suitcase in the lobby; he headed to Sydney’s room to give his present to her.

After knocking twice, he opened the door and saw Sydney trying to stop crying while she finished packing. He came close to her and put his arms around her waist and gave her a sweet kiss on the neck.

“ Hey, what’s the matter?” Vaughn said as he turned her around so he could look at her eyes

“ Whipping her tears form her face, nothing…I was just sad to be leaving this place…and you.”

“ Syd, you’re not losing me, ever…and this place, well, we can always recreate another romantic settings, just as long as we are together.” Vaughn said as he pulled out the black box

Sydney looked at the box and then looked at him.

“ What is it?” Sydney asked as she looked in his eyes

“ Syd, I told you that you’re my angel and that no matter what, we will always be together, Vaughn said with a nervous laugh, ….so I went to store today and when I saw this, I knew it was the perfect way to tell you that you mean a lot to me.”

Sydney opened the box and couldn’t believe her eyes, she started smiling and when she looked at Vaughn, he was smiling too.

In the box was a necklace with a beautiful angel with sparkling green eye and holding a small heart between its hands. Sydney started smiling and then jumped in Vaughn’s welcoming arms.

“ I guess you like it, right?” Vaughn said with a big grin on his face

“ Yes, I do, Michael this is so beautiful, and can you help me put it on?”

After placing the necklace securely around Sydney’s neck, Vaughn gave her a big long kiss to seal his promise to her. “ So every time you feel alone and want me by your side, all you have to do is look at this, Vaughn said holding the necklace between his fingers, and I’ll be with you.”

They fell to an embrace until the moment was caught short by a knock on the door. They left for the airport and got on different planes. As Sydney, sitting in her seat with her eyes glues to the window, watched Vaughn’s plane take off, she couldn’t help holding the necklace between her fingers and smiling at the thought of the man that changed her life. Both were hoping that something would happen between them when they arrived on the island but neither of them had imagined that on their departure, their lives would have been changed so much as a new beginning was upon them.

TBC

Hey!

you know that I really love your fic?!? Hope you do!

just wanted to came by and say :hi:

Ppl: come here and read this fic, it is awesome!!!

See ya at allies (i'll come review here too so i can quote a little :lol: )

Scialet ;)

sarkattack said:
Nothing says celebration like champagne and strawberries.
[post="1059046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah I like strawberries and champagne! ;)
But I like them much more in the S/V way of using! :angelic:
Man that was a damn hot chapter! ^_^
sarkattack said:
Not many people are rewiewing, that's not very encouraging for me to continue but I'm dedicating this new chapter to the people that have reviewed so far and seem to enjoy reading the story.
[post="1060409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hey, I love this story! :love:
But you are a updating machine :robot:, no complaining there! :lol:
Can´t wait for their NEW BEGINNING! :sigh:
*daydreams*
Thanks for da PM! ;)

Muse

Hey!

I love your fic, too! :D I think it was too soon for them to fall in love and be intimate after just two days of togetherness, but hey, there's this thing called LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!! :D But don't get me wrong, I really like your fic, and it's not far from reality, there are really love stories which begin like this and hopefully, this story will end in a good note, too. :smiley:

I enjoy reading uninterrupted and with minimal interval fics! So keep it up! (y) This is great! ;)

luv,
'leeshus :kiss:

This fic is so amazing maybe because you are an amazing writer! ;)
I love it! I love it! I love it!
PLZ pm me when you update!
And update really soon!

Well I spent part of my day off yesterday writing this chapter, so I decided why not update today. I Hope you like it and don't forget to let me know what you think. ENJOY!

Chapter 13

They are Days like that

Sydney and Alex were on the plane on their way back to New York, at first, they were sitting in silence; as Sydney was looking outside the window, while Alex was checking her agenda on her palm pilot. Suddenly Sydney couldn’t take it anymore and decided that now was a good time to talk to her friend and agent.

“ Alex, there is something I need to talk to you about, it’s important.”

Alex turning her face to Sydney, “ Sydney, what is it?”

“ What I want to say is that you’re not only my agent… but also a good friend…and I made a decision over the last few days that I need to talk to you about.”

“ Sydney, you know you can talk to me.”

“ I know but it’s very difficult…, I didn’t tell you that Michael and I went on a date a few weeks ago when he was in New York…and then when we arrived on the island a few days ago, we got really close to the point of…falling madly in love with each other…and…”

“ And what…Sydney, are you pregnant?”

“ No, I’m sorry, I’m going about this the wrong way…what I’m trying to say is that Michael asked me to move-in with him and I said yes.” Sydney said in one breath

Alex remained calm and turned to face Sydney and decided to tell her a little story
“ Sydney, did I ever tell you what happen to my greatest love? Probably not, so I’m gonna tell you. I was in love with a man named John, he was my love, my life, my everything and then one day, he asked me to marry him but at the time, I was busy starting my career and I said no to his proposal and now he is married to a lovely lady and I still regret my decision even to this day.” Alex said with a few tears in her eyes

“ Alex, I’m so sorry.”

“ So Sydney, I think you guys are moving fast but life sometimes send you opportunities that your heart can’t deny, so what I’m saying is that if you want to be with Michael…I say go for it and be happy.”

Sydney gave Alex a hug and a kiss on the cheek as Alex waived the flight attendant to bring them two drinks.

“ Ok, turning her glass to Sydney, we’re gonna toast to your happiness…and don’t worry about anything, I was gonna tell you tomorrow but what the hell, I’m going to tell you now.” Alex said with a smile

“ Tell me what?”

“ Mr.Sark and I were talking last night and after seeing the pictures you guys took for the promotion of the island, he spoke with his best friend Peter Jackson, he is the CIO of a big cosmetic company and they want you to be their new spoke person for their new line of beauty products. You have to meet with them in Los Angeles at the end of the week. Are you interested?”

“ Wow, I never thought that day would come, me, a spoke person for a big cosmetic line, of course, I’m interested.”

“ Good, tomorrow we’ll meet at my office and go over the details before your big meeting at the end of the week.”

“ You’re such a good friend Alex…and I’m gonna miss you very much.”

“ Likewise kiddo, so now I’ll have one more reason to go to L.A. more often.”

They drank one more glass of champagne before they finally arrived at JFK airport. Sydney took a cab home and once she got in front of her apartment building; she just stood outside, took a deep breath and entered the lobby. She was half hoping that Francie and Will weren’t home because she had to tell them about her decision to move out and going to live with Michael in L.A. She was afraid of their reactions.

She finally entered her apartment and she was suddenly glad to find it the same way she had left it a week ago. Francie and Will were in the kitchen drinking beers and talking about a silly thing that happened on the news today. She dropped her bags near the door and walked towards the kitchen to see her friends.

“ Hey guys, I’m back.” Sydney said with a big smile

“ Sydney, Hey, .I’m so glad your back because Will was driving completely nuts here.” Francie said as she gave Sydney a hug

“ Thanks a lot Fran, you didn’t think I was driving you nuts last night, you actually said…”

“ Don’t say anything more Will Tippin or you gonna sleep on the couch tonight.”

Sydney started laughing, “ God, how I missed this.”

“ So Syd, how was your trip?” Francie asked as she took a sip of beer
“ It was absolutely beautiful and I will tell you all about this in a few minutes, I ‘m just going to go change and can we order some food, I’m starving, are you guys hungry?”

“ Well actually we are starving, we were waiting for you to get here to order, how about pizza?” Will asked as he looked at different menus

“ Pizza sounds good, thanks Will.” Sydney said as she grabbed her suitcase and headed towards her bedroom

Sydney was putting her clothes away when Francie came in and sat on the bed. Sydney turned around and both friends exchanged smiles.

“ So Syd, what happened on the island?”

“ What do you mean?”

“ Oh, come on, you were stuck on a tropical island with Michael, did anything happened between you two?”

“ Yes, Fran…we fell in love and… he asked me to move –in with him.”

“ WHAT!!!! WHEN? HOW? Sydney Bristow, you better tell me everything.”

“ Francie, it’s just that since the day we met, we knew there was this connection between us and once on the island, we finally admitted our love for each other and now…we want to be together.” Sydney said as she sat down beside Francie on the bed.

“ But Syd, don’t you think you guys are moving pretty fast…I mean, you barely know him and now, you’re ready to leave your life here to go live with him in L.A”

Sydney broke into a huge smile, “Yes Fran, I love him and I want to be with him.”

“ Well, talk about a shock, you’re full of surprises, aren’t you?”

“ Fran, I want you and Will to be happy for us, I love you and I love him and I want all is for us to get along, ok?” Sydney said as she grabbed Francie’s hand

Will came into the room just in time to hear the last part of the conversation, which was the part that Sydney was moving to L.A. to be with Michael.

“ Syd, I gonna miss you but I knew that someday you would meet someone and leave us, Fran, we can’t live together forever. So Syd, do you think we’ll ever officially meet that man of yours? ”Will said with a big smile on his face

“ I was thinking about that, well Michael and I are going to visit my parents in West Virginia for Thanksgiving but what about Christmas? We came come spend it here in New York with you guys. I want to see the tree and do some skating at Rockefeller Centre and we could end the day at Serendipity for some hot chocolate.”

Francie and Will looked at each other and broke into a huge smile and finally Francie started rambling, “ That would be awesome and you know I can cook and we can even have our parents over and…”

Will placed his hand over Francie’s mouth to shut her up, “ You see Syd, now that you’re leaving, that’s all she gonna be talking about until you guys come back for Christmas.”

“ After all the holidays are pretty close, so we’ll see each other very soon.”

“ Syd, when are you leaving?” Francie asked with tears in her eyes

“ In a few days, and I don’t want a big good-bye scene because I know you Fran and if you start crying, I might change my mind and never leave this place.” Sydney said with also tears in her eyes

“ Oh, I have a good idea, what if…she looked at Will..we can go with you for a few days, I mean we never been to L.A. and since we both have a few days off, we could do some sightseeing, what do you think?”

“ That’s great, I love you guys.”

“ Love you too Syd.” They said as they broke into a huge group hug.

Meanwhile Vaughn got home a few hours ago and was trying to find a way to relax with some music but all he was thinking about was Sydney and what she was going to go though in the next few days. After all, she was leaving her life and friends in N.Y. to come and live with him. Vaughn decided to tackle his closet to make space for Sydney when Weiss showed up at his house.

“ Hey buddy, I thought you would be lonely without Sydney, so I brought beer and pizza to drown your sorrows.”

Vaughn started laughing at his friend, “ How did you know I was going crazy here?”

“ Call it a best friend’s intuition.”

“ This is perfect, I’m with my best friend, have my favorite food and there’s a game tonight.”

The two guys were sitting down in the living room and watching the game, when Weiss saw his best friend lost in thoughts.

“ So when is Sydney moving-in?”

“ I haven’t talk to her tonight but hopefully by the end of the week.”

“ Mike, I would really like to take you guys out for dinner …you know kinda make her feel welcome and all.” Weiss said with a smile on his face

“ That sounds great, I’ll let you know when we could do it, ok?”

“ Ok, man stop thinking about your girlfriend and let’s watch some serious hockey.”
Weiss said as he took a sip of his beer

Later that night, Vaughn decided to call Sydney. He knew it was pretty late but he really wanted to hear her voice.

“ Hello.” Sydney said half asleep

“ Sydney?”

“ Michael?”

“ It’s me, so how did it go?”

“ I spoke to Alex, Francie and Will and everything is fine. Actually Francie and Will are going to be spending a few days with us in L.A. Hope you don’t mind?” She whispered

“ Not at all, I really want to get to know your friends.”

“ Michael, do you know how much I love you?”

“ Not as much as I do.” He said with a smile in his voice

“ Is this a contest?”

“ Maybe.”

“ Well, in that case we’ll have to settle this contest when I get there, won’t we?” Sydney replies with a laugh

“ You can count on that…well I know it’s late, so Good Night Syd.”

“ Good night Michael.” Sydney said as she gave him a kiss over the phone

TBC

Preview for the next chapter: the next chapter is the big move as Sydney, Francie and Will are arriving in L.A. We also going to meet Vaughn's first love. How will Sydney react to her. Stay tuned!

Have a nice weekend

YAY i'm glad that Francie and Will took the news well!! ^_^

We also going to meet Vaughn's first love. How will Sydney react to her. Stay tuned!

ooo is it Lauren? :confused: lol that would be fun! but whoever she is she best not cause any trouble! heh

thanks for the pm and update soon!! :smiley:

That was great. I'm so happy that Syd's didn't have any problems with moving to LA. It was so cute how Vaughn had to call her to hear her voice, I was actually a little annoyed that he didn't call her right away, or that she didnt' call him....but you fixed that.

Wait a second? Vaughn loved someone besides Syd? :blink: How is that possible?

~mel~

I just saw that you asked if everything on SD-1 was lost... and no.. it wasnt. They just had to go back to the last time they like saved the database... I can check to see if this story is there. (I think SD-1 is only opened to subscribers right now.)

Okay... I just checked, and the last time you updated was chapter 7... I dont know how many times you had updated since then, but thats all it saved up to I guess...

sarkattack said:
“I was thinking about that, well Michael and I are going to visit my parents in West Virginia for Thanksgiving but what about Christmas?
[post="1063117"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Aha! :smiley:
A meeting with the parents in-law :poke: , eh? :rolleyes:
It´s so sweet how much they :love: each other! :sigh:
So curious about the ex scene that´ll come! :angelic:
Thanks for da PM! ;)

Muse

:eek:ldhi:

ok, we're now at Chapter 14, well when I started this story, I never thought I would enjoy writing it as much as I am. Hope that you're really enjoying yourselves. Don't forget to review. have a nice day!

Chapter 14

REUNION

Sydney woke up early, the excitement of last night’s events made it very difficult for her to stay in bed. She has so much to do before the big move, that she didn’t know where to start. After a few minutes lying there, she finally got up and tip toed her way past Francie and Will’s bedroom and made her way to the kitchen. She was glad that they took the news as well as they did, not only did they approve her decision but they will be coming to L.A. with her for a few days.
She was sitting by the window, drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying the view of the city at its most quietness when she heard footsteps approaching in the dark.

“ Francie?” Sydney asked at the figure walking in the darkness

“ Hey Syd, can’t sleep either?” Francie asked as she came and sat down on the couch.

“ No I can’t…I was just sitting here remembering the day I move-in with you guys, do you remember?”

“ Yeah, It was pouring rain that day and we had so much trouble getting that huge couch of yours in the elevator, we had to take the stairs…Francie said laughing, Will has still not fully recovered from that moving experience.”

Sydney started laughing too, “ If it’s a consolation, you can keep the couch, I’m pretty sure that Michael has one and wouldn’t want to deprive Will of his second bed.”

“ Syd, I only make him sleep there when he absolutely deserves it, the other times that you found him there…it was because he was too lazing to get his butt to bed…anyway, he said that he finds the couch very comfortable and doesn’t mind sleeping on it.” Francie said as she tapped on the cushions.

“ So what do you want to do today, I thought we can go have breakfast together while Will is still sleeping, but I have to stop by Alex’s office for 1:00.”

“ Just like old times…I gonna miss our girl talk like this….”

“ Me too Fran, Giving her a hug, but you know…no matter what, you can always call me, I will always be there for you and Will…after all, you guys are like family to me, don’t ever forget that, ok.”

“ Love you.” Francie said with tears in her eyes

“ Love you too.” Sydney choked out the words

“ Ok, enough with the sappy talk and tears, let’s go grab some breakfast.” Francie said as she whipped the tears from her face.

Both girls got dressed and as they were about to leave, Francie left Will a note on the fridge, where she knew he would find it first thing in the morning.

Around 12:30, Sydney dress in casual shirt and jeans, with little makeup and hair in a ponytail walked in the lobby of Alex’s office. As she opened the door, she saw her friend and agent on the phone, caught in deep conversation over what’s best for Sydney’s career. After a few more minutes on the phone, Alex hung up and broke into a huge smile when she saw Sydney standing in the doorway.

“ Hey kiddo, I have good news, you gonna love even more than you did yesterday.”

“ What’s going on Alex, tell me.” Sydney asked with excitement in her voice

“ Well, first off, I spent all morning discussing a new modeling contract for you with Sam, at first, he was not very please that you were leaving because he was worried of losing a valuable asset but I persuaded him that you can still work for us and there was no way to change your mind about moving to L.A.”

“ Sydney started laughing, “Alex, how exactly did you go about doing that?”

“ Ok, fine, I promise him dinner at the most expensive place in Manhattan…satisfied?”

“ Yes, you’re the best.”

“ I know and don’t you ever forget it.”

“ Sydney, don’t forget the big meeting in L.A. at the end of the week, if they like you…you’re in the big time…and I will be there for moral support, so you have nothing to worry about. So go home and start packing…you only have 3 more days before the big day.”

Sydney came closer to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, “ Alex, you’re sure you don’t want to move to L.A. with me and be my agent?”

“ Well, I was born and raise here, beside New York is more my kind of town …but Sydney, you and Michael were made for Hollywood.”

Sydney blushing a bit, “ Thank you, I guess for the compliment.”

“ Ok, go, I have some work to do and people to see…you know time is money.” Alex said with a big grin on her face.

“ Fine, I’m leaving and Alex…thank you again for all your help. Will see each other in Los Angeles at the end of the week.” Sydney said as she waved goodbye to her friend.

Meanwhile in Los Angeles,

Vaughn got up and swore that he just heard footsteps coming from the bathroom. He wasn’t drunk and he lives alone with his dog Donovan, so who is in the house. He was about to go investigate when Weiss came in the living room, holding a cup of coffee in his hands.

“ Hey man, why did you sleep on the couch?”

“ Eric, what are you doing here, I thought you went home last night.” Vaughn asked with a confused face.

“ Well, started to, but I wasn’t feeling very well, so I bent down to throw up and fell in the bushes in your front yard. I guess I was so comfortable that I spent the night there and this morning, I was woken up by a very loud noise coming from god knows where and then I remembered that you have a spare key and came in to use the bathroom. You don’t mind, right Mike.”

Vaughn started laughing at the thought of Eric sleeping in the bushes in the front yard. “ I’m so sorry Eric, I don’t mean to laugh but even you must admit that’s funny stuff.”

“ Laugh all you want but last night was your last chance to get seriously drunk before your girlfriend moves in permanently.”

Vaughn’s smile grew bigger, “I can’t wait to have her here permanently and as for my missing opportunity of getting drunk, with you around, I’m sure there be other times for that later.”

“ Anything plan for today?”

“ I have to go shopping for new sheets and other little items for the house….wanna come with?”

“ Mike, are you serious, what do you think people will say after they see us shopping for girly stuff, I don’t know about you…but I have a reputation to maintain.”

“What, are you afraid someone might see your sensitive side or something?” Vaughn said laughing at his best friend

“ You are a funny guy Mike, really you are, but we’ll see who has the last laugh.”

“ Fine, doesn’t that mean you’re coming with me?”

“ Yeah, what the heck, it might be fun.” Weiss said in a sarcastic tone

Vaughn laughing out loud “ Ok, let’s go get ready.”
The next few days were spent packing boxes and talking to Vaughn every night before going to bed. Vaughn told her about his shopping experience with Eric and Sydney whished she would have been there to see it. The moving truck was coming tomorrow to pick up Sydney’s furniture and after packing the last box to be shipped, she fell asleep on the couch in company of her boxes.

MOVING DAY!!!!

Sydney woke up in the middle of the night and sat on the floor and looked at all her boxes spread all over the apartment. She never thought that she had accumulated that much stuff but there an old saying that states that you don’t realize how much you have until you have to fit everything inside boxes.
Will got up for a glass of milk and saw Sydney staring at her boxes with a smile on her face.

“ Syd?”

“ Yeah.”

“ What are you smiling about?”

“ I was just thinking that Michael might have a heart attack when he sees all the stuff that I have.”

“ Syd, he loves you…. so I’m sure he won’t mind your stuff…but if he does, you can be sure he won’t tell you to your face.”

“ That’s reassuring, did you mind Fran’s stuff when she moved in with you?”

“ That’s for you to know and her to keep guessing.” Will said with a little laugh

A few hours later, the movers were gone with Sydney’s stuff and they should be there by tomorrow. Sydney took one last look around and after grabbing both Francie and Will’s hands; she closed the door to her old apartment.

Vaughn and Weiss were waiting for Sydney’s plane to arrive. Vaughn had a big bouquet of red roses in his hands and also the biggest smile you ever seen.

“ Mike, can’t you stop smiling like an idiot, you’re gonna attract attention to yourself.”

“ I can’t help it Eric, she’s gonna be here in a few minutes.” Vaughn said looking at his watch

Finally Vaughn saw her first as she was walking through the gate. She was smiling at her friends who were walking beside her. Sydney was talking to Will, when suddenly she turned her head to see Vaughn’s staring at her. At the first sight of his face, she broke into a huge smile and couldn’t contain her love for him. She dropped her bag and jumped into his welcoming arms. Both stood there holding each other like there was no tomorrow.

“ Ok, guys, we better get out of here and now…” Weiss said as he tapped on Vaughn’s arm.

“ Fine, let’s go get their bags and let’s get out of here.” Vaughn said as he held Sydney by the waist

They finally reach the car and everybody got in except Sydney who was about to get in when Vaughn grabbed her by the arm and turned her so that she was facing him.

“ Remember, we have a contest to settle, you promised.” He said with a smirk on his face

“ Oh, I haven’t forgotten Mr. Vaughn but right now, we have guests, so you gotta behave, ok?”

Vaughn started laughing, “ For how long?”

“ Patience is a virtue and I promise you that you will be greatly rewarded for it, you can count on that.” She said as she gave him a sweet kiss on the lips.

“ Oh, I predict that the next few days will be torture, but I’m willing to wait….you know, two can play this game Ms. Bristow.”

They started laughing at their little game they’ll be playing for the next few days. While still looking in her eyes, he pulled up her face and gave her a kiss on the lips.

“ Welcome to L.A. Syd.”

“ Thanks, I really think I’m gonna like it here.”

“ Let’s go home, then.” Vaughn said as he opened the door for her and ran to the driver seat and headed to his beautiful house near the beach.

TBC

Sorry, I was rambling a little too much in this chapter, so I decided to move things around a bit. That means that I will introduce Vaughn’s first love in the next few chapters. Hint: It is a character we never seen on the show (so no Alice or Lauren)

Hey you!! Didn't know you were posting this story here, too... Me misses sd-1 :cry:

Well, dunno if you remember me, but I'm in your PM list at sd-1...

And I can see you posted *some* more chapters in here... It took me a while to finally catch up... ;)

Great updates!! Syd's moving with Vaughn!!
I can't wait how does it go with Vaughn's first love... And this Sark thing... ugh... I can smell the problems...

Gotta go now, but can you send me a PM when you update? Please?

See you later!!

Gis :lol:

I don't have time to leave a good review (I really wasn't apposed to be reading the update in the first place) but I really liked it. I'm so happy that Syd made it to LA. They are just so cute with each other.

I would also like to greatly thank you for not having Alice or Lauren be Vaughn's previous love.

Sorry I can't say more for this one. Thanks for the PM, I'm excited to see what happenes next.

~mel~

YAY she finally moved!! :jump:

“What, are you afraid someone might see your sensitive side or something?” Vaughn said laughing at his best friend

“ You are a funny guy Mike, really you are, but we’ll see who has the last laugh.”

“ Fine, doesn’t that mean you’re coming with me?”

“ Yeah, what the heck, it might be fun.” Weiss said in a sarcastic tone

😆 haha Weiss makes me laugh....first he says that he's not gonna go and then he goes with him anyways! lol

“ Patience is a virtue and I promise you that you will be greatly rewarded for it, you can count on that.” She said as she gave him a sweet kiss on the lips.

“ Oh, I predict that the next few days will be torture, but I’m willing to wait….you know, two can play this game Ms. Bristow.”

They started laughing at their little game they’ll be playing for the next few days. While still looking in her eyes, he pulled up her face and gave her a kiss on the lips.

:love: aww poor Vaughn's gonna be suffering over the next couple of days! lol :happydance:

thanks for the pm!

Back