The Promise

blue_bird said:
dont want to make one again. hehe. im really not good at it...
[post="1424132"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
what???????????????? you're not good at it??????????????? lol, gee, you get the 'most humble writer' prize 2005!!!! you're an excellent writer!! i only read quality stuff :rolleyes: hehe, i have high standards ;) j/k

pea uhmm, thanks for the boost... :hug: but really... *sighs* you know me... we love to read more. right? its hard to write when you ran out of ideas.. or, get distracted by other things, real life perhaps... :lol: you know what i mean. and i also do understand how hard it is to catch up with PMs.. teehee.. you of all people should know, i still have a lot left on my inbox.. haha! and that wild part you are talking about in the ficcy, :Ponder: ill stick with a safer and wholesome rating... :sideroll2:

and juju... ill try to lengthen it as much as i can... but i honestly cant think of anything else right now.. :banghead: i would like to end it at chapter 72, coz thats my fav number. hehehe... so, 8 chapters more? thanks too juju. :hug:

EIGHT?!?!?! :cry:

gee gee don't give in to the evilness! RESIST EndingFicLand!

*grabs onto gee gee's ankle and refuses to let go*

:Please: can't this fic just go on forever and ever and ever and ever? :sadangel:

i'll grab the other ankle! :Ph34r:
hell no, we won't let you go!!

but, yeah, gee, i understand completely :D
i'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show ;)

pea and juju: uhmm... if you grab my ankle, ill scream... :eekhair: that tickles!

:ermm: here's the chappy. :xoxo:

CHAPTER 66.

“How long have we been waiting, hiding, been separated from our daughters Jack?” Irina asked as she rubs her neck after hours of scrutinizing a report with regards to their mortal enemy’s whereabouts.
Jack approached his wife from behind, massaged her shoulder and said, “Two years.”
“Mmmm… that feels good.”
Jack kissed the top of her head and reached across the table, grabbing a wooden frame. He sat beside her as they both stared at the picture, inside the frame. The picture was their family portrait.
“It feels longer than two years…” Irina sighed as she wiped a tear from her eyes.
“I know.” He said, rubbing her shoulders, still holding onto the frame with his other hand.
“It’s our baby’s birthday today.” Irina rested her head on his shoulder as she traced Sydney’s face with her fingers.
“Our oldest baby’s all grown up.” Hearing him say the word ‘baby’ made her chuckle.
“I remember the time you used to call me baby. That was so not you Jack.”
“You made me do a great deal of crazy things.”
“Yes. I have influenced you in many ways.”
“Not to mention, breaking innumerable CIA protocols.” He added.
“Such as falling in love with the enemy.”
“I do not regret any of those rules and laws that I have bent and broken.”
“Neither do I.” She conceded.
“If not for them, we wouldn’t have our daughters…”
“I miss them terribly Jack…” She said in tears.
“I do too… We will be reunited once again…”
“I hope we wouldn’t have to wait for another year…”
“Me too…”
“I am beginning to be convinced that he has truly changed…”
“Of all the evil that he has done, I doubt that he suddenly had an epiphany and decided to be all good. It is in his nature to be evil. He cannot be good… after what he did to you… and to a lot of people.”
“I know that Jack. But, for this passed two years, he’s clean. There’s nothing that could ever link him to coming after us nor to any illegal activities.”
“We just have to look carefully, maybe we are missing out something. If he is not the one after us, then who is?”
“I do not know… It is stressing already to think that someone wants our family dead. To think of another who wants the same thing is devastating…”
“You’re right… Now get some sleep, you need to rest.”
“You think Sydney got our message?”
“Positive. Now go get some sleep, its 4 in the morning already.”
“Love you.”
“You too.”

“Michael, don’t you think… someone might be looking for you?”
“I actually never thought of that. It’s been almost two weeks. Hell, I don’t care.” She laughed at his response.
“You know, they could file a missing person report and when they find you here… it… could…”
“I know. I’ll call someone at work and tell them, I am on vacation.”
“Vacation huh?”
“Well, not really, I feel like, I am back home.” As she heard the word home, she looked down and sighed.
“You miss them right?” She nodded her head as tears started to form in her eyes.
“I am sure that they miss you too a whole lot.”
“I know… it’s just… things aren’t…” He cupped her face and said,
“Syd, things will work out fine. You have to believe that things will work out fine. You have to.” She nodded her head and buried her face on his neck.

Never has he seen her so broken like this. Never has he seen her so fearful, terrified and depressed. How much more two years before, when she was just separated from them. For some reason, he blamed himself for not being there. He knew that there was no possibility he could have been with her during those depressing times; yet, he wished that he were there. Yes, these passed two years has been depressing for him too. But seeing her like this, he wished that he could take away her pain and bear it alone. The only thing he could do is to assure her, comfort her, and secure her. To whoever was responsible for all of this, he loathed that person. He wanted that person to pay so much that he has never felt hating someone like he hated this unknown person.

Three loud knocks were heard on the door while Sydney was resting at her bed. He didn’t want to wake her up so he limped towards the door and opened it. It was Dr. Luke.
“Michael is she sleeping?” Luke asked.
“Yes doctor. Do you want me to wake her up?”
“No need. Just give this to her. She knows what it is. Thanks Michael.”
“Anytime doctor.”

Luke handed Michael a brown bag. He was curious to know what was inside, but he figured that he should wait for her to wake up. He gently closed the door so he won’t wake her up. When he turned around, he saw her yawning and stretching her arms.

“Who is it?” She mumbled.
“Dr. Luke. He asked me to give you this.” He limped towards the bed. As soon as she saw the bag she immediately sat up straight and was obviously excited.
“How long was I asleep?” She asked as she quickly opened the bag.
“Thirty minutes. What’s in there?”
“Letters. Video. All from mom, dad and Nadia!” She said excitedly.
“That explains your excitement.” He laughed.
“I know!!!” She giggled. She took out videotape from the bag and ran towards the TV across the room and inserted the tape on the player. She sat at the floor and turned the volume up.
“Don’t tell me those are chick flick movies?”
“Nope. Come sit with me.” Michael limped towards her at the foot of the bed, and sat at the floor. She reached for his right arm and hugged it really tight, intertwining her fingers with his.

While Sydney was watching, he could see her smiling and crying. The video was mostly comprised of her parents’ message to her, assuring her that they are fine and Nadia’s birthday song to her. She sighed after watching the video and ran back to the bed and took out a small wrapped present inside the bag. She sat back down at his side.

“Easy kiddo. You don’t want to end up breaking a leg like me.” She kissed him quickly in the lips and started opening the gift like a five year old does.
“You know some people recycle those wrappers. And you just tore it.”
“I am not like those people.”
“Yeah yeah yeah yeah.”
“Awwww….” She sighed as she saw the gift. It was the first edition of her favorite book, Alice in Wonderland. She hugged the book as a single tear fell from her eye. Michael pulled her closer to him making her head rest on his lap. He stroke her hair gently and said,
“Happy Birthday.” She took his hand and kissed it.
“Love you.” He said. She smiled, sat up straight, stood up and walked towards the door locking it. Michael gave her a confused look.
“It’s been, three years.” She said as she walked towards him and rubbed his chest. He slowly stood up.
“Me too.” He caressed her face. They both knew what each other meant.

She reached her hand towards his belt buckle and removed it from his waist. He smiled as he helped her remove her shirt. He took one look at her, pulled her closer to him and kissed her collarbone. She unbuttoned his polo and removed it from him. She pushed him a bit so he landed on the bed. She pulled his pants off him and removed hers. She crawled on top of him as he grazed her back and unclasped her bra. They both were lost in each other’s eyes as he pulled her lips to his and kissed her gently. Soon, their lust for one another that has been bottled up this passed three years surfaced as they both were in utter bliss while making love. :cloud9:

Sydney’s head was rested on his chest as he fondled her bare back. She was gently rubbing his muscular chest feeling him breathe with his rising and falling chest. He kissed her forehead as she hugged him tightly. He muttered the words “I love you Sydney” afterwards. As he said those words she felt them vibrating on his chest. She looked up to him with a satisfied smile and kissed his jaw and his cheek. She then kissed his lips as she once again lifted herself up on top of him. “I love you Michael.” She replied as she kissed him passionately, once again enjoying the bliss they both shared minutes ago. ✌️

if you guys are reading freaky's CJTS, she puts this one liner quotes at the end of every chapter. ill just borrow her style for a while and give this.

the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.​

^:sideroll2: :laughbounce: or... the quick brown foxy lady jumped over the limping dog? :joker:

EDIT: bekirock and alias_day... their inbox is full...

first?
YAY!

*reads*

awwwwwwwww jack & irina :love:
their video & present! So cute!!

She reached her hand towards his belt buckle and removed it from his waist. He smiled as he helped her remove her shirt. He took one look at her, pulled her closer to him and kissed her collarbone. She unbuttoned his polo and removed it from him. She pushed him a bit so he landed on the bed. She pulled his pants off him and removed hers. She crawled on top of him as he grazed her back and unclasped her bra. They both were lost in each other’s eyes as he pulled her lips to his and kissed her gently. Soon, their lust for one another that has been bottled up this passed three years surfaced as they both were in utter bliss while making love.

Sydney’s head was rested on his chest as he fondled her bare back. She was gently rubbing his muscular chest feeling him breathe with his rising and falling chest. He kissed her forehead as she hugged him tightly. He muttered the words “I love you Sydney” afterwards. As he said those words she felt them vibrating on his chest. She looked up to him with a satisfied smile and kissed his jaw and his cheek. She then kissed his lips as she once again lifted herself up on top of him. “I love you Michael.” She replied as she kissed him passionately, once again enjoying the bliss they both shared minutes ago.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
hehe LOVE IT!!
thanks for the pm
more soon :D

Sydney has had a great birthday.
First, she gets Michael back
Then she gets a package from her family with a video and a gift.
Then, she and Michael start making up for lost time.

I hope they find whoever is after Jack and Irina so the whole family can come out of hiding and get back together.

Awww she got a video and present from her family.
She all so got to spend her birthday with Vaughn. :naughty:
Thanks for the pm.
:surf:

Aww This is a great fic, i spent the last 2 days reading it and iam so glad i did! I love the s/v-ness and your plot here cant wait to see whats going to happen next. please PM me ~lizzy

That was great ... love that we got to hear from Jack and Irina ... awww Alice in Wounderland first edition hehe ... aww they got ot be together again ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Great chapter. Loved her birthday gifts, and their celebration. Just who are they running from anyway. I am guessing Sloane. Hope he lets them alone so they can have a good life now.
Thanks for the PM

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog... that's got every alphabet letter, right? :woot: that's sooo cool :jump:

gee gee that was soooooo cute. both the s/v and the jack/irina :love: they're adorable

*sigh*
*lets go of gee gee's ankle*

🇳🇴

luv juju :harp:

Back