the prophecy about Sydney

sdmix

Cadet
i was watching season 1 on dvd again today. and i watched the episode where Vaughn and Jack rescued Sydney from FBI custody and took her to see the sky behing Mt. Sebacio. and so then she couldn't be the woman in the prophecy. which made sense at the time, but Irina said that Sydney really is the woman in the prophecy. and it's so unlikely that Irina was wrong. so what i think is that Sydney is the woman in the prophecy but there's another manuscript of Rambaldi and in it he details what that woman will have to do if she does see the sky behind Mt. Sebacio. which is stopping Sloane (or whoever else, but likely Sloane) from bringing forth his works and binding them with fury or whatever. because it just seemed like as far as that page detailed, Sydney was not, or is no longer going to do that in the future. but if Sydney is the one in the prophecy then there must be another prophecy we/they don't know about yet.

am i making any sense? thoughts anyone

You make sense. And I do think that Syd is "the one" Rambaldi speaks of. What I'm thinking is there's some kind of catch in the prophecy. When Vaughn read the part about being at Mt. Sebacio, I think that maybe he and Jack missed something. Maybe? Just a thought... :confused:

:cool:

It probably is a trap door having to do with what "my sky" means . . .
^_^

or she had to look at it at a certain time? i dunno. i had this huge unstoppable theory about it but i forgot what it was...

I was thinking the same thing. It does make sense and it has to be Sydney, so how did Syd not get counted out of the profecy. It is proably a painting, that Rambaldi hid or something. So I think Syd fulfilled the profecy
"This woman here depicted [possibly Syd] will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my [Rambaldi] works. Bind them with fury, a burning anger unless prevented at vulgar cost this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation."
So thats probably what she ws busy doing during the two years. Binding Rambaldi's works with fury.

I think the fact that Sydney didn't find the the sky beautiful, she still could be the one in the prophecy, or maybe someone who is related to Irina, like a sister -_- ?

HeeroYuy47 said:
I think the fact that Sydney didn't find the the sky beautiful, she still could be the one in the prophecy, or maybe someone who is related to Irina, like a sister -_- ?
Proabably, but Syd looked pretty impressed. It has to be Syd, becasue she had more than the sketch that linked her to the Prophecy. she had 3 physical anomolies, and she wittnessed the death Rambaldi said the girl in the picture would wittness...it's Syd.

Yeah I agree with you toy_luvr, it's got to be syd. It's somthing how in the first season I couldn't see how syd would bring forth the prophecy, but it all makes sence now since the two year jump, JJ must have planed that for a while. It had to be so horrible that syd couldn't live with those things in her head.

I agree, it's definitely Sydney who is the 'rambaldi girl' as the title has come to be known. the way irina left her with that thought, its gotta be. plus, if you remember in the episode when jack and vaughn rescued syd from the FBI, sydney and jack's conversation went like this:
SYDNEY: What if the FBI was right? What if Rambaldi was right? What if he was talking about me?

JACK: Then everything is predetermined and nothing we do makes any difference. If Rambaldi's right, there's nothing to lose.

It's that and what irina said in the season 2 finale that prove its gotta be syd.

P.S.-thats my new slogan--'its gotta be syd' lol

cya sumtime.

Yeah. and if you think about it, Jack and Vaughn only needed to convince the FBI that they disproved it. Even if they didn't disprove it, they got Syd out because the FBI didn't do their research...or perhaps another one of Jack's coverups?!

Back