Season 3 the Rambaldi device

did Sloane take the Rambaldi device, or did Lindsey not give it up? and tell us why

• Sloane totally took it. turn him in!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindsey didn't send the device. why would he?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sdmix

Cadet
i think Sloane didn't take the device. my bet is that Lindsey wouldn't have given up the device for Sydney's life. and i think he was testing to see if even though he didn't give it to them, that they'd deliver Sydney anyways. because the covenant never would have released Sydney if they got the box and the device wasn't inside. they would have kept her, or in Lindsey's mind, maybe killed her if she really was being held by the covenant. so then Lindsey would know that it was all staged by Jack. that's my theory.

also, i totally knew that Lindsey would eventually be dead. i didn't know when or how, but you just don't threaten Sloane. he'll just kill ya. it's not like he's got morals. and Lindsey isn't smart enough to be able to prevent Sloane from killing him. and he asked for it even. he said he wanted Sydney dead, and he threatened to expose Sloane's master plan, which i'm starting to think Lindsey might actually have had a clue about. and maybe that's one reason Sloane killed him.

i think since lindsey had jack and vaughn arrested for busting syd out, its obvious he wasnt buying the whole covenant has syd thing... hiring sloane to take out syd might have been a bit of a test too considering lindey had stuff on sloane...

once i saw lindsey was at the meeting, i knew hed be the one taking the bullet... how stupid of him

so in answer to your question, no i dont think it was the real device bc lindsey never believed it was the covenant in the first place :D

I'm totally for Sloanes new persona but he definately still has an endgame. Not nessisarily and Evil one but still a betraying one.

that is what i wanna know - i got a little lost at this part - my brain wasn't working. the box was full of nothing right - so Syd was saying Sloane had the device taken somewhere else - but Sloane was saying lindsay never gave the device to him?? is that right???

i don't think lindsey sent the real device...simply b/c he knew that syd was going to be killed so if he had sent the device he would have lost it for no reason b/c he wasn't planning on syd being returned alive...make sense? if not ...well like i said...finals :0)

Of course, that would have made it seem as though Lindsey knew what was going to happen, which he didn't want people to suspect . . .
;)

well pointed out VH - so he prob did send the device and sloane probably does have it!!!
what am i talking about - i can't believe i'm doubting that sloane hasn't got it!! am i really beleiving all his I'm not evil chat!?! :blink: no, course he has the device. doesn't he>????????????? :(

Well if he did take it he did not take everything, because if I rember marshal at the end of the episode came out with a little vile of fluid that he said was human flesh, still living. The flseh might have been that of Rambaldi.

not delivering the device to Sydney's captors, would have made it seem he knew the outcome of the situation. i agree. but if he was really confident that The Covenant wasn't really holding Sydney, then he could deliver nothing and get away with it. Jack couldn't take that as evidence to the CIA/NSC against Lindsey because it would incriminate himself. because if Jack and Co. weren't behind it all, they wouldn't have known Lindsey didn't deliver the device, because the exchange would have gone off without a hitch. and they'd assume that Lindsey gave the device to The Covenant. and as i said, Jack and Co. can't in this scenario make a scene about Lindsey not delivering the device, because it reveals their involvement. so i think in that respect, Lindsey would have been safe.

well that's what i think went down anyway.

despite S1 and S2 speculations of Arvin Sloane...i honestly think Sloane has changed...i think Lyndsey just didnt give the real device

verdantheart said:
Of course, that would have made it seem as though Lindsey knew what was going to happen, which he didn't want people to suspect . . .
;)
good point...

however, if lindsey did actually send the real device that means that he knew the covenant would be in possession of it...would that be a risk he was willing to take?

i don't think he thought the covenant was really behind it....but then again...what do i know :D

RavenSon237 said:
Well if he did take it he did not take everything, because if I rember marshal at the end of the episode came out with a little vile of fluid that he said was human flesh, still living. The flseh might have been that of Rambaldi.
That was what Will and Syd got at the hotel. Not part of the Rimbaldi artefacts they had before. And yeah, the bottle of human tissue said "Milo Rimbaldi" on it.

Come on, folks, we all know that Sloane is a baddie. When that marksman said "the CIA thinks you're a humanitarian." sloane said "you're smarter than that". He's a baddie!!!!!! Of COURSE he took it. BAD SLOANE!

but when Sloane said "you're smarter than that" i think he was most likely saying that because of how the situation looked from the outside. i don't think that was meant to be revealing of Sloane's character.

Silverdewdrop said:
That was what Will and Syd got at the hotel. Not part of the Rimbaldi artefacts they had before. And yeah, the bottle of human tissue said "Milo Rimbaldi" on it.
I think it's important to differentiate that the bottle of tissue didn't say Milo Rambaldi on it. Rambaldi's name was etched on the inside of the case. It could be like a little kid labeling his crayon box or something. I have to agree with the majority of people: I think that this tissue belongs to Rambaldi. But it's not a certaintly yet.

Back