The Real World

oh my...I'm so late for the party again...damn RL :lol:

these were really great chapters!!! loved them!!!

and I don't think that I can ever watch Victor Garber again without imagining him in blue monkey pj's :rotflmao:

only one chapter left... 🇳🇴 ... :depressed: ... :(

I really hope that there'll be a sequel!!!

thx for the PM!

Here it is :depressed: Drumroll please! Last Chapter!!!

Chapter 40

The day passed by agonizingly slow, but night time finally came. Sydney, Vaughn, and Weiss were dressed in tactical gear and making sure everything
was working correctly. They couldn’t take the chance of something going wrong on this mission. Delta team arrived at the house early in the afternoon. The video footage of Sloane’s house was being carefully examined to make sure nothing un-expected happened at the house.

Sydney was sitting on a chair, lacing up her boots when Vaughn came over and gave Syd a kiss on the cheek.

”Are you ready for this, Syd?” Vaughn asked, forehead wrinkles making a brief appearance.

”I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. At least I have you and Weiss right there with me in case something goes wrong.”

”Nothing’s going to go wrong.”

”I know, but it makes me feel better knowing you’re there.”

Vaughn gave Sydney a comforting kiss on the cheek and held her in his arms.

”I love you, Sydney.”

”I love you, too Michael.”

Someone on the other side of the house yelled saying it was time to go. Sydney and Vaughn rushed into place. The team filled into a van that was
going to carry them to Sloane’s house. The van parked out of sight from Sloane’s house, but still close enough the team could go in undetected. Sydney, Vaughn, Weiss, and 12 other people filled into two lines. Half were going through the front entrance, the rest, including Sydney, Vaughn, and Weiss, through the back.Everyone crawled to their position, Jack confirmed everything was a go over comms and they moved in. Sydney looked around and noticed how eerily quiet it was. There were no guards or anything. It was her team’s job to find Sloane, Sark, and Leslie. The other team would find Jenny and Aaron.
According to the floor plans, the bedroom where Sloane, Sark, and Leslie would be sleeping was on the second floor. The team slowly crept upstairs without making a sound. They lined up along the walls five people on each side. Sydney, Vaughn, and Weiss were assigned to check out all the rooms on
the left side of the hall. There were three rooms, so they each took one. They got the signal from the team leader and busted open their doors. Through Vaughn and Weiss’s doors were just spare rooms. Sydney burst through
her door to see Sloane and Emily lying in bed sleeping.

”Emily?” Sydney whispered. Wasn’t Emily dead? Sydney thought.

Sloane sat up in bed, suddenly aware of everything that was happening. He
immediately recognized Sydney. Emily lay in bed, scared.

”Well, well, well, Sydney, we meet again.”

”Oh yeah, the pleasure is all mine” Sydney said sarcastically.

“I’ve missed you, Sydney.” Sloane said, getting out of bed to get his gun.
Sydney took out her gun and pointed it at Sloane.

”Don’t move,” Sydney shouted, but it was too late Sloane had his gun trained
on Sydney.

”Sydney, if I were you, I would put your gun down.”

“There is not a chance in hell I’m putting this gun down, you bastard.”

”That is one thing I have always loved about you Sydney. Your stubbornness and how you voice your opinion. I understand that you may be mad at me, but
you could get past that and join me in finding Rambaldi’s end game.”

Sydney was about to come back with a witty comment when Vaughn and Weiss burst through the door, guns trained on Sloane. Sydney took this distraction as a chance to get Sloane. She fired a bullet right through his left leg. Sloane fell to the ground, grabbing his leg. Sydney walked over to Sloane.
She fired a shot.

”That was for every person you have ever hurt!”

Then she pulled the trigger again.

”This is for all the innocent people that worked for you at SD-6, especially Marshall and Dixon.”

Then she fired one more shot.

”That one was for me, and the normal life I wasn’t able to have, because of
you.”

Sydney fired one last shot.

”That was for the most important person in my life, Vaughn, and all that
we’ve had to suffer through because of you.”

Sloane was dead, there was no way he was still alive. Emily sat in bed, shocked. Sydney walked over to Emily.

”Sydney… I’m so sorry, I never meant to hurt you like this.” Emily started.

”How are you still alive? I was at you funeral. I spoke at your funeral.” Sydney said, still a little dazed. Vaughn and Weiss backed off, giving Sydney a minute alone with Emily.

”The Alliance wanted me dead, so Arvin set up a way that we could get away together. He promised me things would change, but they didn’t. I know I should be sad, and be grieving my husband, but these last years, ever since he got involved in Rambaldi; I was never the true love of his life. Rambaldi was.” Emily leaned over and gave Sydney a motherly hug. Sydney let a tear fall down her cheek.

”I’ve missed you Emily. You were like the mother I never had.”

“I’ve missed you, too Sydney.” Emily stroked Sydney’s long chestnut hair.

”Emily, I know this is the last thing you’re going to want to do, but you have to come back to LA with me and get debriefed.”

”Okay. Now go find that boyfriend of yours, that Arvin has told me about. Michael Vaughn? Am I correct?”

Sydney’s dimples came out as she gave Emily another hug.

Sydney walked out into the hall to see Vaughn standing by the top step talking on the phone. Sydney snuck up behind him and wrapped her arms around
him. Vaughn said goodbye to the person he was talking to and turned around
to face Sydney. He placed a kiss on her head.

”We got Sark and Leslie. They’re in the van locked up. Jenny and Aaron were
locked up downstairs; we got them out, too. They’re being sent back to LA immediately to be debriefed.”

Sydney gave Vaughn a short, but loving kiss to stop him from talking.

”What was that for?” Vaughn asked.

”I just love you, and were finally truly free. No more Sloane, Sark, nobody.”

Vaughn gave Sydney another quick kiss, before placing his hand on the small of back to start leading her downstairs.

”Syd, we finally get to go back to LA.”

“I know, as nice as it was to be in Hawaii with you, it’s nice to go back to LA and the real world.”

The End

:blush:

I just want to thank each and every one of you for sticking with me through this fic. It really means a lot to me :smiley: THANK YOU ALL!!!

Awww, that was such a great ending to an awesome story!! So glad that Sloane finally got what he deserved!! And that Sydney was reunited with Emily! Can't wait to read the sequel!! :D PM me when its up!

Wow... that was really harsh of Sydney, killing Sloane. But I guess I could see why she would do it.

A very excellent story as a whole. I'm glad that it bridged out of the the "Real World" and into the real world at the end. That gave it a nice sense of completeness. Good job!

Omg, Katyyyyyy! WOOOOO! SEQUEL!! WOOOOO!!! WOOOO! Fantastic ending, I thought it was going to be a huge cliffhanger, like, Sydney gets shot or something, and then The End, but no, you didn't attempt to kill me, THANK YOU! WOOOOO! WOOOOO! WOOOO! WOOOO! WOOOO! WOOOO! WOOOO! WOOOO! Omg, Emily's gonna go to Syd wedding, right? Please? Wooooo!!! Sequel!! Wooooo!!!]

:love: ya lots Rachel

what an amazing ending to an amazing story!!! awesome job that was one of the best stories that i have read! i can't wait for a sequel! by chance can you link us from here to the sequel when it comes out? if you can thanks.

Amazing story, the ending was really good.

Yeah.. the sequel is actually better than this is... so y'all have something to look foward too

*mumbles* it wont be posted for at least a week though

Aww! Perfect ending!!! But I'm so sad! It's over!! This fic has been amazing to read. You're a very talented writer! I cant wait for te sequel! Please PM me when you write it. Thanks! And, great job again on this wonderful story! ^_^

sooooooo good! that was the perfect ending to this story! i loved it!
i can't believe its over though!!! thats okay.. i can't wait for the sequel!
thanks for the PM and sharing this story with us!
~Heather

Back