Things about Australia that everyone should know

Bubbles

Those piercing baby blues
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Things about Australia that everyone should know…</span>​

Yup, even if you don’t live in Australia… these just show how unbelievably secluded and isolated we are from the rest of the world.

1) Our idol is Paul Hogan. Everyone in Australia has met him and knows who he is and loves him… he is TRULY the icon of Australia

2) Everyone’s favourite movie is Crocodile Dundee

3) Steve Urwin is everyone’s uncle

4) Kangaroos run around the street all the time

5) Everyone has a kangaroo in their backyard and at least 70% of the kangaroos are named Skippy

6) Everyone owns a sheep-shearing farm

7) Everyone in Australia has cracked a whip at least once in their life

8) We have all hugged a koala in our life, or will hug a koala in our life

9) Most people have that bush accent

10) No one knows how to say “hi” or “hello” it’s “G’day” or nothing

11) Everyone ONLY drinks fosters. There is no other beer available in this country

12) Everyone knows how to play the didgeridoo

13) Everyone can throw a boomerang and get it to come back to them perfectly

14) Most people go around wearing cork hats, a pale green t-shirt and pale green shorts… it’s the “in” thing to wear

15) China is right across the street from us

16) We all love George Dubya Bush

17) We are all convicts

18) We don't have shops that sell the kinds of things (clothes, books, CDs) you can get in EVERY other country because we are too isolated

19) You won't be able to speak English if you come to visit because we all speak 'Australian'

20) We are all racist

21) Everybody is called Bruce or Sheila

22) All Australian women are free and easy

23) The words “mardi gras” are completely innocent and free of anything nasty

24) We live in the desert and have to ration our water till we can find another lake where can we get build our next campsite at

25) We don’t have the Internet in Australia

26) It’s not our fault that everyone who’s famous that goes out of Australia and goes to America comes home with a British accent… we have a LOT of British influence in our country

27) Our national anthem is “Waltzing Matilda”

28) We all know what a swagman is

29) You know that hole in the ozone layer next to Antarctica, not Australia? Yeah, that’s our fault

30) Sophistication is not a word in our dictionary

31) We have the crappest beaches in the world

32) People like Shannon Noll and Kasey Chambers know the true Aussie spirit and everyone has them blasting from their CD players

33) There is no way in hell that any Australian is EVER sarcastic

34) John Howard is one sexy guy. Oh, especially his eyebrows. And every Australian thinks so

And some added by anji:

34) EVERYTHING that lives here can kill you.

35) Sheep bite foriegners

36) We love Kiwi's (not the fruit)

37) Drop bears exist (just ask us)

38) Just cause we live in Australia means we know some one who lives in Perth that you maybe related too, this is even more true when you live on the EAST coast (yeah Perth's on the WEST)

39) Hoop snakes KILL

40) 9/10 of the WORLD'S most poisonist snakes live in Australia (this is true)

41) ^Aussies can't spell

42) Half of Australia isn't mapped cause the explorer's all died and we're too lazy to finish the job

43) We got electricity only 5 years ago

44) Black and White TV - 4 yrs ago

45) Man finally landed on the moon 3 years ago (what's with that?)

46) Colour TV - 2 years ago

47) Any form of TV not dealing with bushfires, snake bites and Steve Irwin - 1 year ago

48) Everyone lives in the outback and has their house threatened by bush fires every fire season

49) We are in the middle of a 100 yr drought

50) Hang on... I can't drink XXXX?

52) Chick's (Sheila's) open beer bottles with their belly buttons and arm's (well I do...)

I can't be bothered making a 51 cause... I'm an Aussie.

and more from anji:

53?) When we make tea in a billy (cause who has kettles?) we spin it around our head to mix it.

54) We wrestle wild animals just like Uncle Steve

55) We all have Akubra's like Paul Hogan

56) Who ever washes their billies? Or their socks for that matter

57) We wear our undies 4 times in a row: normal, back to front, inside out, inside out-back to front

58) On "walk-a-bout" we eat Goannas (a monitor lizard) and 'roo tail

59) During cricket matches we watch "Watching grass grow" tournaments

60) Everyone has a stand of sugar cane in their back yard

61) Everyone's "back yard" encompasses "the Outback"

62) Everyone lives within 1hr drive of "the Bush" even if they are in the middle of Sydney (actually that's true)

63) All Aussies can trace at least one side of their family to either the convicts or a member of parliment (One of my ancestors came out on the First Fleet, and I'm also related to Sir "Eye-Brow Bob" Menzies)

64) Sydney and Perth are "just down the road" from Brisbane

65) A few days ago could mean 2 years ago

66) A sure fire way of becomeing Aussie of the year is to: invent something, cure something, be the Aussie cricket captain or like Vegemite

67) Vegemite (when not being eaten) is used to polish school shoes. It's also made out of beer

68)Everyone has eaten Crocodile, Emu or Kangaroo burgers (Croc's like fish, but Emu and roo's like chicken)

69) We mock the way Kiwi's say "Fush 'n' Chups".

70) We mock our Prime Ministers by making fun of Eye-brows, Glasses, ears and noses (or waist lines, note Kim "bomber" Beazley, "Eye-brow Bob" Menzies, "Hawk-nose" Hawke etc).

and still more from anji

71) If you can't finish our Aussie Aussie aussie warcry you can legitimately be thrown out of the country.

72) If you have lived here for 8- 80 years and now want to apply for a visa then you have to go back to your country of origin and apply there (if it exists). This is to keep our country safe from invaders.

73) We name places after people (Queensland, Victoria, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Port Jackson, Port McQuarrie etc)

74) All other places names are Aboriginal and you can't say em properly unless you're an Aussie (Noosa, Woolloomooloo, Woollgoolga, Bli bli, Mooney Mooney, Toogoolawha etc.)

haha i'm taking it not all of these are true...cause who would loooove george W. bush...and don't you guy's have FANTASTIC BEACHES???

what u have the internet!! My family who lives in Armadale does!! Not a big as us americans do but u still have it!! But I'm still 😆 Good job juju!!
SYD

i love it how people think we have kangaroos hopping around our back yards and stuff...
i live in a freaking city for crying out loud, we're not cave people

noice! juju

jEn Jr. said:
haha i'm taking it not all of these are true...cause who would loooove george W. bush...and don't you guy's have FANTASTIC BEACHES???
[post="1269265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes we're not at all sarcastic in Australia... Not one bit.

course not sage. we're completely innocent

and jayjay.. don't you have a kangaroo? i though EVERYONE did

:rotflmao:

Niiiice JuJu. NIIIIICE!!

Wait? You mean, you guys DON'T have a kangaroo named skippy in your backyard? Or know Paul Hogan? Me and him go WAAAY back.

:lol:

omg! i wanna meet paul hogan :cry: why must i never get any of the good stuff?

and skippy is sleeping right now shhhhh

Back