Things you should know about little old England

yes, i quite agree with you- what are these ruffians thinking when they take milk with Earl grey! quite prepostuous!

Punctuallity is of the upmoast inportance my dear and your father is quite right to ensure it is kept most carefully.

Well I better skidaddle off and prepare myself- I am attending a cruse ball in our fine capital this evening.

take care.

p.s. Jai was just talking normally and said "it was last afternoon" in all seriousness :P

What I probe, is the problem with the phrase 'it was last afternoon'...it's perfectly normal phrase to use, and I am not entirely certain that I even did use it!

Hmm...I can't see maid anywhere...I do think that I may be taking a personal trip to the local shop...it's just an absolute outrage when members of the workforce aren't present and correct...:nonono:

And enjoy your ball, Miss Louise!

What ho!

beccalouise said:
Where have all the English people gone? Jetted of to their summer home in the country perhaps? hmm

:smiley:
[post="1457815"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Jetted? Unlikly, my dear girl when one is visiting one's country residence one takes a carrage. It is the only way to travel.

Cornwal Sam? Oh jolly good! Are you partaking in the surfing or in he good old Sailing?

Myself I visited Norfolk, actually we did go to a National trust castle/mantion/ home/ thing :blush:

well toodle pip!

2.all food is served on paper doilies (or cloth if you’re really rich)

3.There are only two sorts of accents; plumy and cockney (and cockney rhyming slang is still in common use)

4.we all live in tweed

5.we all have red cheeks

2. the only way to live

3. naturally

4. ...with leather patches on the elbows of ALL our jackets of course

5. expeshally when we r merry in which time they are more like 'doll cheaks' which are 'rosey'

6 lol i defenly agree only you should make it a point of mentioning that there is however in England a york and a yorkshire (cos that will really confuse then :angelic:)

12.spiffing, topping or ripping are how good should really be said
some common british phrases for next time you visit:
jolly good old fellow/ old bean /old chap
Blimy govner that’s a but ‘arsh ain’t it?
Would you like sugar with that?
I’ll just take 40 winks
I’ve just got to spend a penny
Is this the queue for… the loo/ public conveniences/ the bus/ the tea trolley?

13.it always rains here, even in the summer and this means we are always wearing duffle coats

14.we're not really metric, it's all a pretence. We really work in feet, yards and inches, and pounds and stones (really!)

15.marmite is clearly very yummy

24.everyone knows everyone, since it is such a small country, therefore we undoubtly know that person you met on holiday who’s surname you can’t remember

25.England is a sporting nation: We know how to lose gracefully

26.cricket is all we do, everyone turns out to watch when we play

27.As with tennis

28. of course that gets right up my nose :toothy: u 👶

29. bravo, well said :clap:

30. doesn't everybody!!!

31. why yes no bee lines ova here (lol)

32. cos its so stylish and you wouldn't want to miss out on those tan lines (mmumm) mmmummm no nude beaches here (pist they will never find any of em even if they do visit not to mention the fact that the grannies there would probably give them a heart attack so they would never be able to tell a soul anyway so its all good)

33. modern girls are also allowd to were bowlers with (as americans call them) penguin suits (because they r so warm obviously - plus maybe they name them that because of how americans walk in them)

34. traditional english ones with english PINT GLASSES (unlike the beer glasses in the ep with rickey javaise in *sigh* when will ALIAS learn??)

35. absulutly spifing ones

36. naturally

37. how else??

38. mmmm (it always scares me when they talk about their pants in movies :thinking: they are)

39. we know rude jokes involving it no no dear dear heavens forbid

40.Naturally

41. our main form of entertainment (when we aren't listening to records or the wireless (or ALIAS))

42. oh god that another thing that gets up my nose (wow its quite crouded up there isn't it??)

43. +manchester (but we never talk about that)

45. like all good childeren

46.and we do it sooooooooo well (espeashally all our old hunched back senior citizens who jump it enjoying acting as if they are too deaf and blind to notice.)

47. oh yes expeshially their hair styles (floppy)

48. lol but is very sexy you must admit :angelnot:

54.a ramble is a kind of walk, like a stroll, and wherever you are going you can “pop” there “I’m just popping into town”, “I’m just popping to the shops”

55. you’re not ill you’re feeling peaky and even if you are you don’t take time off work.

56. all English are lightweights

57. we have no other jams except marmalade
and if we have that it is homemade- you can't buy it in the shops

58. we've all met the queen and yes her skirt always blows up

all about true brittan

73. we always eat with napkins ranging from paper ones with floral motifes to the highest quality imported silk ones ^_^ with napkin holders

74. we always have candlelight dinners

75. all butlers are of course called Alfred or Willbert

76. all our spies are clones of the current 007 (covert huh??)

k i am done i was bored
luv it sooooooo much :D

Luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

wow Chicketepee you were busy....

absolutly topping of you to join in old bean, that quoting malarkie was rather swank!

now I do just have one point- the word "britishers" which i believe you had object to was in fact used as a form of satire- it was stated by one in the start of this topic that some of those former english citizens of the commenwealth do in fact refer to us old sports as "Britishers"! glad we've cleared that all up..

Now could i offer you a glass of port? or perhaps brandy?

Back