To Love Her and Loathe Her

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>A/N: Hey everybody! I just thought of this idea, and I can't sleep, so I decided to write a story about it! it's AU (Alternate Universe) but the main idea is Syd/Vaughn.

Description: Sydney is a nineteen year old, beautiful, wealthy, stuck-up, CIA agent. Her father goes away on a mission and sends her to LA, where she meets Michael Vaughn; a twenty six year old CIA agent who has an immediate attraction to her... but he also can't stand her! How will he deal when Sydney plays hard to get, and he's forced to work alongside her?
</span>

Chapter 1~ The Beginning of Something Great... and Horrible!

Jack Bristow was a high-ranking CIA officer; he was well known, very wealthy, and cold. Ever since his wife died years ago, he kept his distance from everyone. Even his daughter.

Sydney was his pride and joy; she was beautiful, smart, talented, athletic, everything a perfect daughter was. However, he did spoil her a lot, and it did show; she had an attitude, she never liked to share, and was always very stuck-up. She had very few friends, but it didn’t seem to bother her.

He was going away on a long-term mission. He wasn’t sure how long he’d be gone, or if he’d ever come back. Sydney had just turned nineteen, and completed her spy training. He insisted that she joined the CIA, but figured she’d put up a fight. She didn’t care, though. She willingly joined, and was an exceptional agent.

They didn’t really have a home; they had a mansion in West Virginia, but they rarely stayed there. Jack was paranoid, and always insisted on moving. He thought that staying in one spot was dangerous, so he moved all over the world, mostly the United States, and dragged Sydney with him.

She usually didn’t have a problem with all the traveling. She liked to visit new places. However, a few places they went to, Sydney threw a fit. She was one of those girls who would rather be at a beach in some warm, sunny place, hanging out with her friends and getting a tan.

He didn’t know what he was going to do with her, at first. She was nineteen, and she could probably take care of herself, but he had a lot of enemies… which meant she had a lot of enemies. He didn’t think it was safe for her to live alone, so he decided to send her to LA; she had spent most of her life there, and really liked it. She could always work at the agency in LA, and she’d be safe. She’s have many people to protect her. It was perfect.

When he first told her, she didn’t care. She wasn’t exactly looking forward to going back to LA, but she said it could have been worse. She said “he could have shipped her off to Alaska to live with the polar bears and freeze to death.”

So, he left on his mission, and assigned his most trusted friend and agent, Marcus Dixon, to serve as her bodyguard. Dixon was pleased to get Jack’s message, and agreed to serve Sydney.

Now, he was on a plane to Madagascar, and she would be arriving in LA in a couple of hours.

Vaughn typed hastily on his computer; he just wanted to finish this report, hand it to Kendall, and go home. Today wasn’t going so great for him; he got stuck with a ton of paperwork, and his best friend Weiss was sick, so he had nobody to talk to.

“Agent Vaughn, can you come with me please?” Kendall asked.

“Uh, sure, but I haven’t finished the report yet…” Vaughn replied.

“I don’t care about the report. Follow me,” Kendall said.

Vaughn listened, rose from his chair, and followed Kendall down the hall.

Kendall stopped at the front doors.

“Why are we stopping here?” Vaughn asked him.

“Agent Vaughn, you know Jack Bristow, right?” Kendall asked.

“Of course I do. Everybody does,” Vaughn replied.

He had only met Jack once before, at a conference, and Jack wouldn’t even acknowledge him. He seemed cold and stuck-up.

“Well, his daughter is transferring to this agency, and she will be your new partner. Jack went away on a mission, and was worried about Sydney, so he sent her here so she could be watched over,” Kendall explained.

“What, I need to baby sit her? Is she like, eight or something?” he asked.

“No, she just turned nineteen, and I don’t need you to baby sit her. I need you to watch over her in the field, and in general. Do you understand?” Kendall asked.

“Yes, sir.”

The doors opened, and two large, bulky looking men walked through them.

“Good, she’s here now,” Kendall said.

In came a young, beautiful woman with shoulder length, chestnut brown hair, and beautiful chestnut brown eyes. She had high cheek bones and rosy red lips that looked as though she had been kissing someone for hours. She was wearing a black tank top and black jeans, and was absolutely stunning.

Vaughn had never seen anyone or anything that beautiful in his life. She was so young… and so gorgeous! He couldn’t take his eyes off her.

“See something you like?” she asked, as she walked right by him.

He didn’t notice, but his jaw was dropped and his eyes were wide.

“Agent Vaughn, that’s Sydney Bristow.”

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>What do you think?</span> 👍 👎

Chapter 2~ A Bumpy Start

"I'm Michael Vaughn," Vaughn said, running to catch up with her.

"I know who you are. I read your file," she replied, still walking.

"Well, we're going to be partners, so I figured we should get to know each other. Did you eat lunch? We could go and-"

"Honey, you're cute, but I'm not interested," she replied.

"What? I never meant it that way!" Vaughn shouted.

Sydney laughed.

"Of course you did! I saw the way you looked at me when I walked through that door. You have the hotts for me, and it's so obvious," she said.

"I just want to know the person I'm working with," he mumbled.

"My name is Sydney Bristow. There, you know me," she replied, walking away and leaving Vaughn standing by himself.

________________________________________________________________________________

"What the hell was that!?" he asked to himself.

"She's quite the brat, isn't she. She's beauiful, but bratty. Don't blame her, that's how her father raised her," a voice said from behind him.

He turned to see who it was, and saw Kendall standing there.

"What's her problem!?" he asked.

Kendall sighed.

"Don't blame her. She's like a princess; she's used to getting everything she wants at the wave of her finger. Jack raised her that way," he said.

"He raised her to be a brat!?" Vaughn asked.

"She really is a good person. She's an amazing agent too," Kendall said, grabbing Vaughn's report and walking away.

"I have no doubt about that..."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Dixon, has my father called in yet?" Sydney asked, pulling up a chair.

"No, Sydney. He's probably still on the plane," Dixon replied.

"He never anwers his cell phone either! Drats! What's the point in having one if you just let it ring!?" she pouted.

"He said he would call as soon as he landed," Dixon said, trying to cheer her up.

"He'll forget. He's getting old; can't remember anything anymore. He's loosing is fricken mind!" Sydney shouted.

This made Dixon laugh.

"You know that's not true," he replied.

"Yeah... but... I wish he would let me know how he's doing. I worry-"

Sydney was interrupted by Vaughn barging in.

"Listen, we're going to talk, we're going to get to know each other, and you're going to like it!" he shouted.

Sydney arched an eyebrow at him.

"Well, well, well! A demanding man! I like that," she replied, teasing him.

She looked over to Dixon, and said "Can you excuse us?"

Dixon nodded, and left the room.

"Listen, honey, I'm not in the mood right now. Come back later and I'll be glad to fight with you," she said, turning her back to him.

"No, you listen, princess! I won't go on a mission with someone I don't even know! And no, I won't come back to fight with you later!" he replied.

"Princess? Well, I'm no princess, but thank you for the compliment."

The two stared each other in the eyes, and you could see the sparks fly between them. They both had fire in their eyes, and neither one was ready to give in.

Vaughn laughed.

"Look at me, I'm fighting with a child," he said, provoking her.

"A child, you say? You have the hotts for a child? What does that make you? A pedafile?" she asked.

Vaughn's plan backfired.

"I do not have the hotts for you!" he shouted.

Sydney smiled.

"Whatever. Okay. Think what you want. I know the truth," she said.

Vaughn stormed out of the room.

"How am I going to survive her?" he moaned.

The worst part of it was, she was right. He couldn't help but feel attracted to her. She was young and witty and beautiful, and he knew he was in for a lot more than he bargained for.

Great update.. The sparks are just flying everywhere now aren't they. This is gonna be one explosive relationship.

Can't wait for more.

Thanks for the PM

Chapter 3~ The Disastrous Duo’s First Assignment

It had been a while since Sydney was sent on a mission. Her father didn’t like the idea of her risking her life, but he was the one who asked her to join the CIA! He made sure she was sent on as many low-risk missions as possible.

Sydney was a good agent. Better than good. She was great. She was far more than capable of going on a high-risk mission and succeeding. Now that her father was gone, she was hoping she would get the chance.

“Dixon, does Kendall have anything for me to do? My hotel rooms isn’t ready yet and I can’t leave this place. I’m bored,” she said, trying to find something to amuse herself.

“No, Kendall says he’s still looking into things. Nothing as of now,” Dixon replied.

Sydney sighed.

“This place is more boring than my father. Hey, where is that Vaughn guy? Arguing with him is fun,” Sydney said.

“He’s out to lunch,” Dixon replied.

“Out to lunch!? He didn’t take me!? Oh well. It’s not like I care anyway…” she mumbled.

She looked around the room for anything that could entertain her.

“I’m going to see if there is anyone or anything for me to do. You don’t have to come,” Sydney said to Dixon, getting up from her chair and leaving the room.

“Stupid girl. Why does she have to have such an attitude!? I cannot work with her!” he said, taking a bite of his pasta.

“She thinks she’s so good. She’ll see, when we’re on a mission and I’m saving her ass. Maybe then she’ll respect me.”

He hadn’t been able to stop thinking about her, and the things she’d said to him.

“She’s so rude and arrogant and self-centered…” he mumbled, twirling his pasta with his fork.

What made things worse was that she was Jack Bristow’s daughter. He was very stuck-up and cold, from what he remembered. He didn’t think Sydney was quite as bad. She was more bratty, and had an attitude.

“There is no possible way we can work together. We’d end up killing each other, rather than killing the enemy,” he said to himself.

Just as he said that, his cell phone started ringing, and he retrieved it from his pocket.

“This is Vaughn,” he said.

“Hey, you moron! You better come back here right now!”

“What the hell are you doing calling me!?” Vaughn asked, recognizing the voice as Sydney’s.

“I just thought I’d call to inform you of how stupid you are,” she replied.

“Don’t call me again! Go find a hobby!” he shouted.

“Bugging you is my hobby!” she shouted back.

“You’ve only known me for a couple of hours! How does that qualify as a hobby!?” he asked.

“Whatever. Just, come in,” she replied.

“Why!? So you can harass me!?” he asked.

“No, because Kendall has a job for us and he needs you back here right away!” she shouted, hanging up the phone.

“Stupid girl. She’ll see…” he mumbled, paying his bill and leaving the restaurant.

“As you know, there has been a terrorist organization called “The Vision” who has been on our watch list for quite some time. We’ve received word that an operative with a high ranking wants to defect. The mission is simple; find the defector and bring him back here alive,” Kendall explained.

“Wait, how will we know who he is?” Vaughn asked.

“He says he’ll be standing in front of a drug store, listening to a walkman, and reading the newspaper. When you identify him, approach slowly and ask him for some cigarettes. If he says “I’ve got none on me, I just quit,” you reply “Good for you. I’ve been trying for months but I can’t seem to stop the craving.” He’ll only talk to you for five minutes, and then you have to bring him back here,” Kendall replied.

“Any questions?” he added.

“Well, besides why I have to go on a mission with captain dipstick, no,” Sydney said.

Vaughn opened his mouth to shout out a witty remark, but thought it over carefully, and closed his mouth.

“You leave right away.”

On the plane, Vaughn reviewed the mission while Sydney was reading a magazine.

“Did you review the mission?” he asked her.

“I ain’t no novice! I’ve reviewed it like six times, nimrod!” she snapped.

“You know what, I’ve had enough of you!” he shouted.

“That’s great! So have I, but I ain’t complaining!” she replied.

“Why can’t you just leave me alone!?” he asked.

“Honey, I’ll leave you alone when you grow some brains,” she answered.

“Brains!? I have brains! You don’t even know me!” he shouted.

“I can tell,” was all she said.

Vaughn decided that he would not let her get to him, and he’d focus on the mission at hand. The only problem was, it was hard to focus with her sitting right there staring at him.

first?

great update.

you've written her so damn anoying, that one really would just like to kick her ass for being such a brat.

please don't end their fights too soon.

Back