Status
Not open for further replies.

nwtly

Cadet
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Love Her Back To Life</span>
“We always find each other”

Title: Love Her Back To Life
Author: Nwtly (Laurie)
Disclaimer: These characters belong to the wonderful JJ Abrams. I own none of them, unfortunately.
Time line: AU. The story begins one year and a half after Sydney’s death. There are spoilers from the episodes 304 A Missing Link and 311 Full Disclosure.
Summary: Sydney is dead to everyone, although she’s actually been abducted by the Covenant. She was brainwashed and successfully became Julia Thorne. Vaughn wants revenge for her death and goes undercover, posing as a covenant agent while providing info to the CIA in order to take down the people that killed the love of his life. But what if Julia is the agent he’s supposed to work with?
Author’s note: I came up with this idea four months ago. I tried to forget it, but my muse wouldn’t leave me alone, so I decided to write it.
I initially wrote it in French , but I really wanted to share it with everyone here. Sharing this fic with you would be impossible without Jenn, who helped me translating the French chapters into English one! I love ya!
I also wanted to tell you that since I’m actually taking exams, I might not update this as often as I would like to. However, as soon as I have the time to write and translate a chapter, I’ll post it here. Sorry about that!
I’m gonna stop rambling with my life, and ON WITH THE SHOW!

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter One: My name is Julia Thorne.</span>

She was running when she got out of the hotel room. She didn’t know where she was going, or how far she would go. All she knew was that she wanted to run away, forget that her life was a total disaster, forget that... just forget.
She hadn’t even taken the time to close the door, she remembered. But she didn’t care. She no longer cared about anything in there.
She kept on running, without ever stopping, without trying to know where she was going, without worrying about going too far and getting lost in those streets that succeeded one another and were so much alike.
Now that he was gone, everything was the same. Nothing had taste, or colour. Where was she going to go? What was she going to do? Without him, she didn’t know if she would have the necessary strength.
She arrived at an intersection and raised her eyes towards the name of the streets, stopping for a few seconds in order to choose her path.
« Route de l’amour » (Love road) « Rue de la solitude » (Loneliness road) « Voie sans issue » (One way street)
And then it hit her. What the hell was she thinking about? If without him she had lost her strength, then she would fight for him. For them. Maybe, after all, it wasn’t too late. There had to be some hope.
She started running again, this time going back to the hotel. She was weak, she was breathless, but nothing else mattered. She had chosen.
«Love road»

---------------------------------------

Julia was sitting on one of the bar’s stools dressed with a black leather skirt open on the side and a red top that showed a lot of cleavage.
“I hate waiting” she thought. “He better be very sexy. At least, I could have some fun.”
She had been there ten minutes, drinking her beer, her hand drumming on the counter. She had had the time to be accosted by two men. “Has one of them already seen a blond alone in a bar without thinking she was trying to find someone to spend the night with?”
She had already thought about dyeing her hair brown, but Simon had discouraged her. “Honey, you are so much sexier in blond” he had whispered in her ear before taking possession of her.
Thinking about him, her face folded. Sometimes, he drove her mad. In fact, she liked being with him because she had physical control over him. He never resisted her. On the other hand, if she dictated the rules of their physical game, Simon was the one having power over her regarding their work. And she hated that.
“Perhaps the new one will be able to help me”, she hoped.
She looked at her watch. 8:17 PM. It had been too long. She was going home. As she was leaving a bill on the counter to pay her drink, she saw him and suddenly stopped dead.
Curiously, her heart had just stopped beating, and then had started going again like crazy. In fact, she had never felt it beat so fast. He was standing a few feet away from her, but she had the feeling she could read in his eyes as if they were forehead against forehead. Green. She had always loved green eyes. “What’s up with you? When the hell did you become emotional?”
As Julia was fighting her own feelings, she realised that he had abruptly stopped moving too. Truth be told, he looked like he had also stopped breathing. He was looking at her as if she was a ghost. Then, a few seconds later, he made his way toward her and his hand reached for her cheek. And she didn’t do anything to stop him. She had no control over her body ever since the moment this perfect stranger had thrown his eyes into hers. When his hand came stroking her cheek, she felt a shiver run through her whole body. This growing feeling inside her was different from anything she had ever felt before. And on the other hand, she felt like she was only living for it. That she had been waiting for it for an eternity. Waiting for him for an eternity.
She saw tears running down his cheeks and wondered if she had ever seen a man cry before. The answer to that question quickly came to her mind: she had indeed seen a man cry before. He was begging her not to kill him, to let him live, but she hadn’t listened. She hadn’t even flinched when she had pulled the trigger, and that he had collapsed, lifeless.
Suddenly, she remembered the reason she was there, vainly tried to put her thoughts in order, and pushed this man away. But he got even closer. Dangerously closer.
-Syd... I can’t believe it’s you...
Without knowing why, she had the feeling she knew who he was talking about. For a few seconds, she felt like she was getting lost in herself. Then she realised he had called her by the name of another woman and pulled back for real, so that he couldn’t touch her anymore.
“You won’t get away that easy” said a little voice in her head.
She gathered all her strength and finally was able to detach herself from the power this man had on her. “ I can’t believe I ever thought that Simon had any kind of control over me...”she thought.

Vaughn stopped the car’s engine and let out a long sigh. “That’s it”, he thought. “It’s now or never.”
He had learned the hard way that when an opportunity arose, it should be seized. That nothing should be put back until the next day. That you should always tell the one we lo-
“Get ready, boy scout”
The voice in his ear piece brought him back to reality. He took a long breath and got out of the car. He easily located his target; there weren’t a lot of people at this time of day. “I swear, this guy looks just like you”, Weiss had told him. Vaughn thought that the next time he would see his friend, he would have to remember to kick his ass. This man did have the same stature as him, but he honestly didn’t look like him. Thankfully, he thought.
“There’s no way that guy smells as good as you do”. These words, that Weiss had spoken such a long time ago, came back to his mind and transpierced his heart. If only... if only he had known…
But now wasn’t the time to dwell over the past. He knew what he had to do, and this time, he was going to make sure that everything went as he had planned.
He approached the man and pointed a gun on his back as he made sure nobody was watching him.
“Do as I say, or I swear you’ll never see the sunlight again.”
His tone was threatening, cold, emotionless. Over the course of one year, he had changed so much. He had forgotten to smile, to laugh, to live. He had also wanted not to love anymore. But this, he hadn’t been able to. He would always love her. And today, he was doing all of this for her. To make sure that she could rest in peace. To be able to think that if he hadn’t been able to save her, today, he could avenge her death.
The man didn’t flinch, apparently not expecting to be surprised this way.
Vaughn took him to the nearest blind alley and violently threw him against the wall. He leaned towards him and ordered him to reveal his name. The man started to laugh and that was more than the CIA agent could stand. Vaughn violently hit the man on the nose and turned him around so he faced the wall.
-I’m ready to play this game until you tell me your name, the reason you are here, and the instructions you received.
Vaughn stopped talking a second, trying to control his anger. If he had become much more performing in the field over the past year, he had also felt the anger that was burning inside him grow stronger and stronger as days went by.
-I have nothing to lose, he said. I doubt it’s your case.
Despite Vaughn’s threats, the man still wasn’t talking.
Without thinking anymore, Vaughn took the gun he was carrying, and, while maintaining his prey with his other arm, he pointed his weapon to the man’s shoulder.
-Tell me what I want to know, he said, breathless, letting all his rage bleed into his words, or I can assure you I’ll pull the trigger.
-You won’t do it. You hav-
Vaughn fired the shot. If this man thought he was dealing with a beginner, he was mistaken. He was going to get what he wanted, using all the necessary means.
-For the last time, tell me what I want to know.

A few minutes later, as planned, a team recovered the man. In the meanwhile, Vaughn had gotten rid of all the CIA equipment he had on him. From now on, he wasn’t CIA anymore. No. He was the newest Covenant agent.
He entered the bar, scanning the room, searching for the woman he had been given the description of. He spotted her easily: she was sitting on one of the bar’s stools, her back turned to him. A strange feeling invaded his body, and he tried to ignore it, but there was nothing he could do about it: it seemed to be a part of him.
Then, when she turned around and gazed in his direction, he thought he was having of an hallucination. Sydney.
How many times had he dreamed of her being right in front of him, just like now? How many times had he felt his heart beat that fast, to the point where he got scared it might get out of his chest?
She had stopped moving too. She was just standing there, and in spite of her dazzling beauty, she looked as lost as he was.
Slowly, he made his way to her, never breaking eye contact, afraid that she might disappear from his life once again. He got closer to her, feeling paralysed. The only thing he was able to do was to raise his hand towards her and stroke he cheek.
Tears started to run down his face and he could do nothing to stop them from falling. But he could cry from now on, because she was beside him again, and nothing else mattered.
-Syd... I can’t believe it’s you.
Only at this moment he noticed the strange expression on her face. Over the course of a few seconds, he had the feeling she had become a totally different person. She finally decided to speak, but Vaughn would have preferred never to hear those words.
-My name is Julia Thorne.

TBC...
Let me know what you think!

That was great! I love how Vaughn knows Sydney, but Sydney is Juila Thorne, it's a great start I can't wait for you to continue, please PM me when you do :D

I just wanted to let you know that I closed down this topic and re opened it at the Romance fction part.
The link is here.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back