Two questions about Microsoft word...

m<o>j

Cadet
Unrelated:
1) You know how on I think it was Claris Works how you have the 'Find Word' feature that means that you can find all the examples of a certain word in your text and then change it to something else?(useful, say when writing fic and you decide to change a character's name or something)
Well is there a feature like this on Word, and if so,where is it?

2)What is happening when every letter you type deletes the one in front of it?
The only way I can get around it is by pressing enter, typing, then pressing backspace. Obviously this is a tiresome process. My friend says that there is nothing at all that can be done. Is she right? And if not, what is it that I can do?

Jai :rain:

1. right click on the word and the choose the synonyms option. or press shift+F7 to open up thesaurus.

2. your INSERT option or whatever you call it... is activated. press the insert button on your keyboard so when you type something in the beginning of a word, the letters wont get deleted.

blue_bird said:
2. your INSERT option or whatever you call it... is activated. press the insert button on your keyboard so when you type something in the beginning of a word, the letters wont get deleted.
[post="1338615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thanks, I shall attempt to commit that to memory! ^_^

blue_bird said:
1. right click on the word and the choose the synonyms option. or press shift+F7 to open up thesaurus.
[post="1338615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I tried that and it only changes the one I click on...what I mean is that I want to change every example of that word that exists in my text, for example if I had written something, and I had a character called Jimmy, but then decided I wanted to call him James, I could go and replace every occurrance of the word 'Jimmy' to 'James'.

Thanks anyway!

Jai :rain:

What is happening when every letter you type deletes the one in front of it?
The only way I can get around it is by pressing enter, typing, then pressing backspace. Obviously this is a tiresome process. My friend says that there is nothing at all that can be done. Is she right? And if not, what is it that I can do?

Same thing happens to me. I've trying to figure out how to fix it forever

you click the "insert" button on your computer

OR

at the very bottom, it has a line where it goes:

Page 1 Sec 1 1/1 etc. (the numbers change depending where your cursor is) now if you go along, you get to some letters. these are: REC, TRK, EXT and OVR

the OVR one should be black (if the letter you type overwrites the next letter) double click it and it greys out... that should solve it

Back